Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Request Foxka
Foxka banned me for fraudulent and personal reasons.

To provide context, here is the complete story.

I was detective, a player prop damaged me for 27 HP, so I killed him, another player also shot at him, and in the heat of the moment the player who was assisting me accidentally shot me once. It was clear to me that it was an accident, I did not fire back, and this player did not continue firing.

While the two of us were clearing not fighting, and I was clearly not being shot at intentionally, Foxka then came into the room and killed the player who accidentally shot me, so I killed him. He reported me for "trdm" and his report failed to result in a slay for obvious reasons, but he was very upset, in honesty we both were and I called him a "dumbass."

A few rounds later, I was the traitor, near the end of the match, Deerly started to shoot me, so I killed him, and someone who saw the exchange then killed me. I reported Deerly for what I thought was attempted trdm, and the person who killed me for clear trdm (Deerly shot me first and the guy who shot me clearly witnessed that).

Foxka dismissed the Deerly report without explanation, and entirely failed to handle the second report. 

I PMed Foxka (as I have been told to do by staff when I want an explanation for something) simply asking "Reason for slay?" I asked four separate times, waiting in-between each one to see if he would reply. After the first one, he said something unrelated in chat, meaning that he was not typing a reply. After the second one I saw him prop-surfing, after the third he types in chat, after the fourth he answered me and I promptly ceased questioning, because his explanation was reasonable and he had done his job. 

I said nothing else, and was going to say thank you to him, as any mod who has dealt with my questioning knows I say after I get an explanation/correction. Then he warned me for 6 points for "trolling/flaming."

I would understand if I were PMing him insulting him, spamming him, or something like that. But I wasn't, I reasonably asked for an explanation, and then waited an appropriate amount of time, and then asked again, until I had an answer. 

It's clear he let his emotions get the best of him, a ban may be a bit much, but should such a child be a moderator?
Follow the format here for a ban request
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
cmon man

The sun smiles at you with eternal malice
I feel like  Donor/Staff Abuse Report section is more appropriate for this tbh.buse
(05-01-2024, 10:23 PM)thaye Wrote: cmon man
Am I wrong? Should staff be banning players because they can't handle their responsibilities? The explanation he needed to provide was simple, he didn't want to because he was salty that I had beaten him a few rounds before, he clearly demonstrated he wasn't answering my question, waited for me to ask him respectfully a few times, and then banned me. 

I suspect I'll get a lot of dismissal here, with very little substance, maybe surprise me.

(05-01-2024, 10:26 PM)Norm Minder Wrote: I feel like  Donor/Staff Abuse Report section is more appropriate for this tbh.buse
Thanks, will do :)
Let me kick this off with the fact that all of the staff positions are unpaid positions. We dont answer to your every beck and call. That being siad, here is a screenshot that foxka provided of you spamming his pms and answering you in main chat. While you were spamming him, he was investigating your report.

https://i.imgur.com/DTGWeoO.png

You were sus in OT, which is killable. You also have a history of spamming staff when "inquiring" verdicts that you dont like. Just yesterday when I slayed you for a kill, you spammed asay 4 times with the same message before I could even formulate a response (I started typing after your first message).

You seriously need to chill when it comes to disagreeing with people. You resort to insults (yesterday calling me slow over an over again) and just generally getting pissy when things dont go your way
(05-01-2024, 10:58 PM)RyanHighman Wrote: Let me kick this off with the fact that all of the staff positions are unpaid positions. We dont answer to your every beck and call. That being siad, here is a screenshot that foxka provided of you spamming his pms and answering you in main chat. While you were spamming him, he was investigating your report.

https://i.imgur.com/DTGWeoO.png

You were sus in OT, which is killable. You also have a history of spamming staff when "inquiring" verdicts that you dont like. Just yesterday when I slayed you for a kill, you spammed asay 4 times with the same message before I could even formulate a response (I started typing after your first message).

You seriously need to chill when it comes to disagreeing with people. You resort to insults (yesterday calling me slow over an over again) and just generally getting pissy when things dont go your way
"We dont answer to your every beck and call"
Yeah and that's fair, gag me if you want. Don't make stuff up and ban me for it.

"While you were spamming him, he was investigating your report"
Could've easily communicated this with me, and spamming is a strong overstatement. 

"You were sus in OT, which is killable."
See my post, where I make it clear I am not arguing against this.

"You also have a history of spamming staff when "inquiring" verdicts that you dont like."
Generally, I have a history of being correct. Just today I had to correct Saylor Swift.

"Just yesterday when I slayed you for a kill, you spammed asay 4 times with the same message before I could even formulate a response (I started typing after your first message)."
Yes, and I apologized, if you'd like to ban me for 3 days for that, I'd completely accept it, that would be perfectly reasonable.

Foxka's reason was not reasonable.
Closing this in favor of other thread.