Dinkleberg's GMod
Brahma Hate thread - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Trouble in Terrorist Town (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TTT Staff Applications (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+---- Forum: TTT Staff Application Archive (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+----- Forum: Approved (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+----- Thread: Brahma Hate thread (/showthread.php?tid=19587)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Brahma Hate thread - chapman - 06-08-2024

I have been in your shoes before with having a lot on the plate and needing to take a step back to collect myself, so I respect your answer.

I don't support giving you Mod back, but I think you rejoining the staff team is fine. Perhaps a compromise and getting T-Mod would be fine to me. My reasoning is that I don't you to get thrown back into the wolves, but I do know that you can do a fine job.

EDIT: I didn't even see that Brahma and I were on the same wavelength until AFTER I posted, nice.

RE: Brahma Hate thread - Dildo Shwaggins - 06-08-2024

(06-08-2024, 12:42 PM)PandaInPants Wrote:
(06-08-2024, 08:50 AM)The Dutch Problem Wrote: -1 

(Context: During the whole Reina drama, something was allowed to happen I disagreed with, I pinged the relevant person asking "The fuck?!". During this time I had no interaction with Panda outside of getting this.)
I said this because I disagreed with your disagreement. if you are concerned about this statement wait till @Viviel?!? pulls out the 52 page wattpad.

My behavior is due to the responses to harassment in this server being garbage. I firmly think we give more chances for shitty actions and behaviors as just a gmod server than what should be given. It is an online community there are millions of others and thousands still around on this game alone. A ban is not as heavy as people make it seem, you are not banned from interacting in the community (in 90% of cases) and can appeal it infinite amounts of times (99% of cases) and you can go play gmod still we don't lock ur account or anything like that.

@chapman i am bad at quoting and replying, but I dealt with a lot of frustrations before I resigned and mainly resigned because I had a lot on my plate and was doing a lot of discussions and needed the break. I also thought that a lot of newer staff had been promoted and I wasn't as needed. However, as we saw a lot of people resigned and now I still play, gmod is a good place to socialize and vibe compared to many other games I play. There are a lot more issues with the summer crowd and the lack of staff cannot handle it.

@Foxka I was taking small breaks during my time as mod and before, I mostly resigned to try and force myself into a longer break. Also past month I have more hours than many current staff members combined to be fair.
I’m gonna remain neutral for now overall, and touch on some of these comments. Starting with the smaller stuff, on server side I never saw much in the way of issues with your staffing. I would prefer given the time since being a little while, starting back at trusted personally given it’s been a few months or even tmod for unresignations at least a month or so later for mod+ with clean staff record, but that’s a discussion for another day. 

In response to your screenshot do agree that this server needs to get way better at handling harassment, however the statement posted is not something I would like to see going forward from active staff. To lead off with the statement of “we should increase harassment punishment” with civilly stated reasons as to why should be the norm of things, not ad hominem insults. As for the 52-page wattpad mentioned, to be realistic, that will likely turn into part 2 of the Google doc thread if posted. No matter what valid points are made by any party in it, it’s more likely than not gonna turn into people going at each other’s throats once again and then there will be calm when people that are actually terrible and threats to other members expose themselves somehow. 

So, not entirely opposed to the notion of you staffing and I do think you have some good things to say but I would like to see more effort to resolve conflict than fanning the flames, mildly or not, in times of turmoil if you do end up getting a rank back.

RE: Brahma Hate thread - PandaInPants - 06-08-2024

(06-08-2024, 01:59 PM)Dildo Shwaggins. Wrote: In response to your screenshot do agree that this server needs to get way better at handling harassment, however the statement posted is not something I would like to see going forward from active staff. To lead off with the statement of “we should increase harassment punishment” with civilly stated reasons as to why should be the norm of things, not ad hominem insults.

So, not entirely opposed to the notion of you staffing and I do think you have some good things to say but I would like to see more effort to resolve conflict than fanning the flames, mildly or not, in times of turmoil if you do end up getting a rank back.
As I had resigned I felt more freedom to not have to calm down situations and say what i felt. I try to do good in a lot of situations however, I am not a robot and cannot be completely passive in every situation. Im not sorry that I broke my civility a few times.
Also just saying many other staff have had much more severe issues before getting staff such as slur usage in the days before an app.
(Also I gotta learn to clarify my sarcasm.)

RE: Brahma Hate thread - Vivie Some-Bones (They) - 06-08-2024

52 page wattpad coming tonight. +1

Panda did a great job as staff before and still plays actively. I think the unresign - return debate applies in many cases but when its only been a couple months? cant find the energy to care.

I dont see a problem with the screenshot at all. Since when is calling someone stupid a big deal? If it was consistent / harassment thatd be something but one sc of getting insulted, no slurs in sight? call the police and alert the white house fr. Especially since its in reply to dutch trying to bring drama over reina Into general chat, accusing staff of favoritism and calling the "favoritism" stupid I really feel like dutch got what they gave. Throw shit catch shit moment.

EDIT: wattpadd link /j
https://blogs.mtdv.me/blog/posts/PandaSucks

(06-08-2024, 03:09 PM)PandaInPants Wrote:
(06-08-2024, 01:59 PM)Dildo Shwaggins. Wrote: In response to your screenshot do agree that this server needs to get way better at handling harassment, however the statement posted is not something I would like to see going forward from active staff. To lead off with the statement of “we should increase harassment punishment” with civilly stated reasons as to why should be the norm of things, not ad hominem insults.

As I had resigned I felt more freedom to not have to calm down situations and say what i felt. I try to do good in a lot of situations however, I am not a robot and cannot be completely passive in every situation. Im not sorry that I broke my civility a few times.

(Also I gotta learn to clarify my sarcasm.)
I can relate to the part of resigning and not feeling as beholden to remain civil when you don’t have expectations of staff over your head, I myself have been guilty of being more argumentative as well after resignation. I wouldn’t expect passiveness either of course. While I do appreciate your honesty there, hope it isn’t something habitual if you do get a rank returned.

(06-08-2024, 03:15 PM)Viviel?!? Wrote: 52 page wattpad coming tonight. +1

Panda did a great job as staff before and still plays actively. I think the unresign - return debate applies in many cases but when its only been a couple months? cant find the energy to care.

I dont see a problem with the screenshot at all. Since when is calling someone stupid a big deal? If it was consistent / harassment thatd be something but one sc of getting insulted, no slurs in sight? call the police and alert the white house fr. Especially since its in reply to dutch trying to bring drama over reina Into general chat, accusing staff of favoritism and calling the "favoritism" stupid I really feel like dutch got what they gave. Throw shit catch shit moment.

EDIT: wattpadd link /j
https://blogs.mtdv.me/blog/posts/PandaSucks
Forget the screenshot; I hope everyone has answers to the damning evidence in that wattpad. 

Goddamn what a ride that was to read

RE: Brahma Hate thread - RyanHighman - 06-08-2024

One of the things I’ve never really understood:
Going inactive for 6 months and coming back with your rank intact = good
Resigning for 2 months, but staying active and then realizing you want to come back to staff = must start at the lowest rank regardless of your previous rank held.

I don’t believe that the simple fact of a resignation should be enough to disbar someone from coming back at a higher rank than trusted. I think that it should be based off of the same qualities we look at for normal applicants: recent activity, attitude on/off server, successes and failures during previous staff tenure(s). The only other thing that should be taken into consideration is length of time since resignation. Has it been long enough to where the ability to staff will need some brushing up at a lower rank.

Looking at all of this, I’m going to +1 for Panda getting tmod with a 1 month probationary period before being allowed to apply for mod. This is mainly because of some of the more aggressive tones that panda has taken during his time off as a player. I'd like him to get the chance to prove that once he is staff again, he can slip back into the professionalism/de-escalation mindset that he showed during his staff time. I’m not sure if that is something the admins are open for doing, but that’s my ultimate proposed solution.

RE: Brahma Hate thread - 茶 Tea - 06-08-2024

+1 i think that we need more staff who aren't willing to tolerate the misogyny that has permeated this server like the stench of a gamer permeates the walls of his parents' house! what happened to reina was a disgrace and quite frankly, we need more staff who are willing to stand against that sort of thing

p.s. not to be too passive aggressive but it's weird how some of u will support people unresigning when they're your friends but when they disagree too hard suddenly you can't stand the concept! for the record i have no problem with unresignations unless there's been issues with them staffing but either support it or don't!

RE: Brahma Hate thread - slater - 06-08-2024

tbh, I think going from tmod to mod would be fine, like ryan said. I'm fine with that, nothing really to say since it's been stated. +1 for tmod.

RE: Brahma Hate thread - Dildo Shwaggins - 06-09-2024

On the argument of un-resigning, I think a protocol should be worked out for it given how overall common it has been. Like, maybe a grace period if you made a rash resignation and regret it the next while, then say, past a month or few or something re-apply for trusted if trusted or tmod, and tmod if mod+