Dinkleberg's GMod
Brahma Hate thread - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Trouble in Terrorist Town (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TTT Staff Applications (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+---- Forum: TTT Staff Application Archive (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+----- Forum: Approved (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+----- Thread: Brahma Hate thread (/showthread.php?tid=19587)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Brahma Hate thread - Foxka - 06-09-2024

[Image: uhOTolq.jpeg]

RE: Brahma Hate thread - brother roach - 06-09-2024

These responses just confirmed my concern that you have some vague axe to grind (other staff members/people in the community continue to be ambiguously brought up) and are trying to leverage your past staff experience to slide into a position of power and in doing so it makes you seem like your interest doesn't lie in subjectively staffing the server, but in having a chance to objectively punish certain people.

That being said, again, you should have a fair chance to prove otherwise by working your way up from trusted...
You deserve the opportunity to show people what kind of person you are, especially considering your clean prior staffing record.
You just need to redevelop peoples trust in you, which will never happen if you are shot up to moderator or even tmod.

RE: Brahma Hate thread - chapman - 06-09-2024

I apologize if this unintentionally derails the thread:

Panda, instead of making vague comments, could you collect evidence and make abuse reports of the staff that you proclaim are the "bad eggs" who are being homophobic and racist?

Throwing around labels without any evidence is not showing that you have a good head on your shoulders, and it comes across to me that you just want to punish certain people instead of being a good staff member (not to piggyback off what Roach said, I just agree with their last comment).

RE: Brahma Hate thread - Damien1579 - 06-09-2024

anybody against unresigning and -1ing panda while also supporting ryan unresigning is a hypocrite.

as for the basic as fuck insult thing it's kinda hilarious how people will look at something someone said and go "oh, this is harassment" or "oh this is fucked up, why would you say this??" then die on the hill of defending their friends shitty behavior (which is worse than being called a Neanderthal on the internet by the way). The original insult is from a shitpost lmao it is not that hard to find anyways if you know how to ctrl c + ctrl v into a fucking web browser's search bar. 

People are allowed to behave any way they want to and not have to be told by people that it's not "professional" or not "right" because behavior is subjective, especially behavior from months ago when the person was not in anyway staff in the community. You gotta be some sort of slack jawed under bitten slumped forehead tortoise fucking rock eating loin cloth wearing club carrying cave dwelling poison berry eating pot bellied sun burnt Neanderthal to think that you have to be an upstanding, law abiding, goodie two shoes dork to be able to get a staff rank for a Garry's Mod Server. Have some shame.

+1 because it's gmod staff who really cares, as long as you're not a creep or a creep sympathizer you're A-OKAY with me.

RE: Brahma Hate thread - RyanHighman - 06-09-2024

(06-09-2024, 09:28 PM)Damien1579 Wrote: anybody against unresigning and -1ing panda while also supporting ryan unresigning is a hypocrite.

Ok so I support panda unresigning but this just isnt true. I unresigned after 3 days. It’s been a couple months for panda. I do think that the comments that panda made werent exactly that bad, but I also wouldnt want a staff member making them. I think having a month as tmod isnt a bad idea just to prove that the professionalism/de-escalation skills are still there.

RE: Brahma Hate thread - Dummy Thicc Noodle Lady - 06-09-2024

(06-09-2024, 09:28 PM)Damien1579 Wrote: anybody against unresigning and -1ing panda while also supporting ryan unresigning is a hypocrite.

as for the basic as fuck insult thing it's kinda hilarious how people will look at something someone said and go "oh, this is harassment" or "oh this is fucked up, why would you say this??" then die on the hill of defending their friends shitty behavior (which is worse than being called a Neanderthal on the internet by the way). The original insult is from a shitpost lmao it is not that hard to find anyways if you know how to ctrl c + ctrl v into a fucking web browser's search bar. 

People are allowed to behave any way they want to and not have to be told by people that it's not "professional" or not "right" because behavior is subjective, especially behavior from months ago when the person was not in anyway staff in the community. You gotta be some sort of slack jawed under bitten slumped forehead tortoise fucking rock eating loin cloth wearing club carrying cave dwelling poison berry eating pot bellied sun burnt Neanderthal to think that you have to be an upstanding, law abiding, goodie two shoes dork to be able to get a staff rank for a Garry's Mod Server. Have some shame.

+1 because it's gmod staff who really cares, as long as you're not a creep or a creep sympathizer you're A-OKAY with me.
Can you say this louder for the people in the back, thank you. There are a couple of staff that have resigned and came back even--several times--as a Trusted rank or another rank that shouldn't have simply because of how they nitpick things or act holier-than-thou. While staff aren't perfect, we sure as heck don't need to be perfect. We also shouldn't be put under a microscope for every miniscule detail as such.

+1 for the panda

quick edit: rdm brahma please :)

RE: Brahma Hate thread - Damien1579 - 06-09-2024

(06-09-2024, 09:36 PM)RyanHighman Wrote:

Ok so I support panda unresigning but this just isnt true. I unresigned after 3 days. Its been a couple months for panda. I do think that the comments that panda made werent exactly that bad, but I also wouldnt want a staff member making them. I think having a couple months as tmod isnt a bad idea just to prove that the professionalism/de-escalation skills are still there.
I mostly agree with a set precedent happening for unresignations when it comes to admins and moderators, but if there isn't one before panda wanted to unresign it isn't fair to make one then make him go through the set precedent. We've had admins fully unresign with no mod time or anything and we've had different solutions where they become mod for a month or two. There is no real set precedent for unresigning since it ultimately depends on which clique likes you the best. 

Anyways, make a different thread trying to get the head honchos (admins) to agree on a set precedent on unresigning and don't let that solution take affect on panda's app since it would not be fair if the precedent was set after the app was made.

RE: Brahma Hate thread - PandaInPants - 06-09-2024

(06-09-2024, 08:40 PM)chapman Wrote: I apologize if this unintentionally derails the thread:

Panda, instead of making vague comments, could you collect evidence and make abuse reports of the staff that you proclaim are the "bad eggs" who are being homophobic and racist?

Throwing around labels without any evidence is not showing that you have a good head on your shoulders, and it comes across to me that you just want to punish certain people instead of being a good staff member (not to piggyback off what Roach said, I just agree with their last comment).

I have brought up a lot of information to other staff members when I was staff. I have talked to Tief a lot as we are friends. I have been in chats with multiple higher-up staff when one of them does something and no one peeps. Things happen in the general chat and it's widely known/forgiven by the community because no one cares unless it is directly said in the ttt text or voice chat and even in some cases if it's said there it is forgiven. I can name-drop a dozen cases where people have done something and either higher-up staff have been there or the community knows so I feel like reporting it would not have mattered. (I will say a larger amount of the bad eggs have recently been handled and I don't have enough about my current eggs) Because the community flip flops on whether a discord call in dinks counts or messages in dinks count or pms in ttt count or staff chat in ttt counts I never know if things I have would ever do anything. Also posting staff chat would be leaking staff chat, which last time I heard about someone leaking racism from the ttt staff chat they got demoted. I know a large amount of the community does not give a shit about racism and homophobia and only acts on it as it's a rule when playing gmod so it's excused everywhere. When I have brought up wanting to do more against these actions I have been told NO by various members of the community.

RE: Brahma Hate thread - chapman - 06-09-2024

(06-09-2024, 10:27 PM)PandaInPants Wrote:
(06-09-2024, 08:40 PM)chapman Wrote: I apologize if this unintentionally derails the thread:

I have brought up a lot of information to other staff members when I was staff. I have talked to Tief a lot as we are friends. I have been in chats with multiple higher-up staff when one of them does something and no one peeps. Things happen in the general chat and it's widely known/forgiven by the community because no one cares unless it is directly said in the ttt text or voice chat and even in some cases if it's said there it is forgiven. I can name-drop a dozen cases where people have done something and either higher-up staff have been there or the community knows so I feel like reporting it would not have mattered. (I will say a larger amount of the bad eggs have recently been handled and I don't have enough about my current eggs) Because the community flip flops on whether a discord call in dinks counts or messages in dinks count or pms in ttt count or staff chat in ttt counts I never know if things I have would ever do anything. Also posting staff chat would be leaking staff chat, which last time I heard about someone leaking racism from the ttt staff chat they got demoted. I know a large amount of the community does not give a shit about racism and homophobia and only acts on it as it's a rule when playing gmod so it's excused everywhere. When I have brought up wanting to do more against these actions I have been told NO by various members of the community.

My apologies. Wasn't fully aware of that.

RE: Brahma Hate thread - PandaInPants - 06-09-2024

(06-09-2024, 10:45 PM)chapman Wrote: My apologies. Wasn't fully aware of that.

Not ur fault.
Now can we go back to calling out my actual bad things, I can help a little: dumb times ive been aggressive not the time i used fucking neanderthal, favoritism, getting too high to pay attention, using an iron fist instead of giving chances, not catching things early or checking up on players enough, community involvement, not explaining my thought process on punishments to players who need explanation, deescelation with trolls or people im fed up with for constantly breaking rules or constsntly being weird/ messing with my  friends, marking my sarcasm effectively, etc