Dinkleberg's GMod
voidzz trusted round 3 - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Trouble in Terrorist Town (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TTT Staff Applications (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+---- Forum: TTT Staff Application Archive (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+----- Forum: Denied (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+----- Thread: voidzz trusted round 3 (/showthread.php?tid=19624)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

voidzz trusted round 3 - voidzz - 06-13-2024

Ingame Name: voidzz

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:79613233
Discord Tag: voidzzoid

Time Played: 1610ish hours on dinklebergs alone (per my main account time stats in game), GT has less but doesn’t include all my alts etc

When First Joined: July 2015

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): weekends/most nights during the academic year, otherwise pretty open

Rank Desired: trusted

Current Rank: regular/donor

What can you do to help the community: With previous experience, it is very easy to calm situations that might be tense in server, recognize hackers/cheating, warn for naughty words and/or actions, and just in general know the rules really really well given how long I’ve played here. I am VERY familiar with the rules, and everything needed when it comes to staffing, and am able to form my own opinions on what to do, although if there was a rare situation in which I didn’t, I’d reach out to someone.

Why you want to help the community: Well, I do like the community regardless of disagreeing with certain people or “groups” and do want to keep this server alive. There are also instances where no staff are on (hasn't been too bad), and feel like I could very easily fill those gap without any struggle with knowing the rules, how to use the menus etc. I also do believe that I could help train future incoming trusteds in how to use everything, as I was trained when I first got my role, and I also trained a few trusteds when they had gotten their role. I am unsure whether this is something that is already introduced but hope to introduce it myself if not.

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): yes, multiple times more than 2 years ago

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts): yes, multiple times. Rejected-> trusted -> rejected tmod -> resignation -> trusted -> tmod -> resignation few months into 2023

How did you find us?: random server finder

Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for? (Links under requirements in format thread): ya

Other: 
Some self-criticisms that I’ll acknowledge
I have created a plethora of discord accounts, that is due to something completely unrelated to the server but will refrain from doing that as I need to keep this account if I do get trusted. Logging out is an easy alternative. I also have not been in the dinks discord for super long but am very familiar with the community and believe that is reciprocal.
My only active warning is a slur warn from >1 month ago. I was being stupid, said something that was supposed to be a joke knowing it was clearly against the rules. I am apologetic for it and believe that RyanHighman (who assigned the warn) can agree that there was no malicious intent towards anyone by any means.
Might this be hypocritical due to my constant judgement of staff and their capabilities? Yes. I previously and recently have judged staff for the way they conduct themselves, whether it's lack of knowledge on action, how to perform said action, or confidence behind said actions (not referring to hoy situation). I do believe these are valid criticisms and apologize if anyone has been offended by this, however, I do not believe this impacts my capability to work as a team, although trusted etc is a pretty easy role to conduct by myself.
Previous history of resignations- Like I’ve stated before, I don’t really think it’s fair to just go inactive and hog a rank and come back without earning the way back up, hence my resignation last time from tmod. I came through a busy point in my life where I felt It’d be more for me to work my way back up rather than hold a role.
Previous ban history- I’ve made huge mistakes and have reached out to the individuals involved at those times and believe I have made amends with these people since then, however that does not excuse my actions. These bans also arose 2+ years ago and I have significantly changed as a person since then.
My philosophy for avoiding drama and fueling it as a staff member- stay out of it as everyone has their opinions and/or facts. I have recently (>2 months ago) made a very inaccurate statement during the dinklewar to another server player and have since apologized and corrected my message at the time.
Staffing methods- I previously was lazy for giving out warnings to any individuals, however I never selectively staffed for just my friends I don’t think. I would approach this via a more reasonable approach, doing as the rules say, however keeping in mind that verbal warns go a really long way for certain things (does not include slurs), and with confidence behind my actions.

I am open to responding to any criticisms via here or discord, although I will most likely respond on discord if its something that takes a lengthy conversation!

RE: voidzz trusted round 3 - chapman - 06-13-2024

I think it'd be insane to hold things from 2+ years ago if you've made genuine effort to change, which I think you have.

I've played with you a couple times recently and interacted with you via discord and I believe that you'd do a good job; best of luck to you on this app!

+1

RE: voidzz trusted round 3 - Vivie Some-Bones (They) - 06-13-2024

+0 (ive never used images in forums before help)

RE: voidzz trusted round 3 - slater - 06-13-2024

bro thinks he’s jake gyllenhaal 

+1

RE: voidzz trusted round 3 - LemonTiara - 06-13-2024

-1 rounds one and two were enough. Enjoy vacation

RE: voidzz trusted round 3 - brother roach - 06-13-2024

Relaxed and clearly a very competent member of the community. He seems like he'd be willing to be a lot more down to earth than a chunk of the current staff team.
Those things combined make him a clear excellent choice for trusted and would be a valuable asset to the present staff team.
I don't believe any of those specifically stated past negative actions from him are of any concern as, again, he's competent enough to appreciate what that behavior exemplifies and hasn't repeated the offences as far as I'm aware.
He's a positive enough influence on the community to deserve a chance to prove any trust warranted.
+1

RE: voidzz trusted round 3 - Foxka - 06-13-2024

I'm a bit iffy on this one, on one hand you are pretty fine on the server and knowing the rules and stuff, on the other hand i'm not sure I can trust that you will remain unbiased when it comes to certain situations involved in staffing.

overall i'm leaning towards a +1

RE: voidzz trusted round 3 - dong - 06-13-2024

I agree with your stance of resigning instead of hoarding a rank. +1 because you were always good staff in the past and I think you’d do well again if given the opportunity.

RE: voidzz trusted round 3 - Blu - 06-13-2024

Can confirm dude can catch hackers/cheaters quite easily. 1+

RE: voidzz trusted round 3 - ⚡Nash - 06-13-2024

+1

Voidzz is a great member of this community and has been here longer than most. He will do great things for us as staff.