Dinkleberg's GMod
what job should i get ? - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: what job should i get ? (/showthread.php?tid=19664)

Pages: 1 2

what job should i get ? - post monalisa - 07-02-2024

Has anyone worked in a restaurant before? If so, is it true servers and bartenders can make like $30-$40 per hour? Or is that fake news

RE: what job should i get ? - Dildo Shwaggins - 07-02-2024

(07-02-2024, 06:50 PM)post monalisa Wrote: Has anyone worked in a restaurant before? If so, is it true servers and bartenders can make like $30-$40 per hour? Or is that fake news

If you're in the USA then theoretically if you're getting a shitload of tips that could be the eqivalent after all said and done but that's not always the reality either since it is based on voluntary tips. Servers and bartenders get paid very little by the restaurant itself though. In most other places they'll make minimum wage at least where they are, but those places also don't have the same tipping culture either

RE: what job should i get ? - Foxka - 07-02-2024

food service worst jobs ive ever had fuck nooo

RE: what job should i get ? - chapman - 07-02-2024

Everyone needs to experience food service or grocery store retail in my opinion. A lot of dumbass opinions would be obliterated if they were to have those life experiences.

RE: what job should i get ? - Summer - 07-02-2024

Working the streets earns me alot of money.

RE: what job should i get ? - PandaInPants - 07-02-2024

If you get into food service there is a very high chance you get into drugs or alcohol. You will most likely have 2-3 fun people to work with and a lot of lazy people to deal with who make your job harder. Making people smile with your food is great and makes you feel good, but all the other bs typically makes it a hard and stress filled career. You will probably not want to do much after work as its usually really hot so you are covered in sweat and food and any other gross stuff (i slipped in grease and landed in a pond of it the other day). You will always do more work than you are paid to do. If you want more info I can shoot you a message on discord ive been in food for 5 years and know people who work high end restaurants too. If you are passionate with food and cooking and can find a good restaurant that treats you well then id say give it a try.

RE: what job should i get ? - RyanHighman - 07-02-2024

Is this a temporary situation or a career decision that you’re trying to make?

RE: what job should i get ? - Misstie6731 - 07-02-2024

(07-02-2024, 06:50 PM)post monalisa Wrote: Has anyone worked in a restaurant before? If so, is it true servers and bartenders can make like $30-$40 per hour? Or is that fake news
It depends on the bar, ive made $500 in one afternoon, but then the next day made like $15

RE: what job should i get ? - post monalisa - 07-02-2024

(07-02-2024, 08:43 PM)RyanHighman Wrote: Is this a temporary situation or a career decision that you’re trying to make?
Until I finish my last 2 years of school. If the money is good ill keep working but it wont be my entire career forever.

(07-02-2024, 08:15 PM)PandaInPants Wrote: If you get into food service there is a very high chance you get into drugs or alcohol. You will most likely have 2-3 fun people to work with and a lot of lazy people to deal with who make your job harder. Making people smile with your food is great and makes you feel good, but all the other bs typically makes it a hard and stress filled career. You will probably not want to do much after work as its usually really hot so you are covered in sweat and food and any other gross stuff (i slipped in grease and landed in a pond of it the other day). You will always do more work than you are paid to do. If you want more info I can shoot you a message on discord ive been in food for 5 years and know people who work high end restaurants too.  If you are passionate with food and cooking and can find a good restaurant that treats you well then id say give it a try.
Yeah Ive heard the money can be good but ive also heard a lot of bad things about people becoming alcoholics or using cocacine and what not

RE: what job should i get ? - RussEfarmer - 07-02-2024

re: what job should i get
Trades are super hot right now, a local community college is cheap and you can get hired pretty quick, experience is valuable and will turn into a career you make real money with (where I am anyway). Plus small businesses are super flexible, and working with the boys™ beats the hell out of customer service. You can go into food service but you will only ever make money to survive with, not money to live with. Unless you go into restaurant management (usually needs bachelors) or get hired at a high class establishment it's pretty dead end and drives most people I know crazy