Dinkleberg's GMod
unban request - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Discord (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=84)
+--- Forum: Discord Ban Appeals (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=88)
+---- Forum: Discord Ban Appeal Archive (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=89)
+---- Thread: unban request (/showthread.php?tid=19718)

Pages: 1 2

unban request - eamtomlinson - 07-16-2024

Your Discord Username: snowhater88

Your Discord User ID: 1035982828367773774

Giselle Case Number: idk what im looking for

Ban Length: probably permanent

Appeal Type: explanation

Previous Unban Requests: 0
(not sure if this means discord or server)
What would you like to tell us:

i totally deserve the ban i cant remember much but i know it got out of hand something with a my old cat
i genuinely was off my meds at the time 

this is a recurring problem with my life and i hate my CVS / Walgreens however it has gotten much easier

it doesn't excuse me using a social platform during it and I know it but if given a chance to come back i would not make the same mistakes i did.
i am sorry for it and would like to rejoin the community on discord 

~ sincerely eam
Edit i found my message from giselle wtf i feel my chances of coming arent great

RE: unban request - Brahma - 07-16-2024

It's been 1 year and 3 months since your ban, your ban was for posting NSFW stuff and seemingly multiple times which you managed to rack up points for a perma ban, judging from your history of past infractions i feel like it would be a bad idea and unsafe to have you unbanned at this current time , my personal vote for this is -1, for me to change my vote I'd need more solid proof that you really have changed from before. I hope this doesn't discourage you in the hopes of appealing the ban.

RE: unban request - eamtomlinson - 07-16-2024

oh well. probably don't deserve to be unbanned
i dont know how id even give you "proof" of changing so lets leave it at this 
hopefully i can provide atleast something soon
 thx 
 ~ eam

RE: unban request - Foxka - 07-16-2024

when you say something got out of hand with an old cat wtf do you mean by that

RE: unban request - chapman - 07-17-2024

I don’t remember or care. If it’s been over a year, let them back in. I’m not going to use the “we have worse people currently still active in the discord” argument because it’s overused (for good reason, we have shitters in numerous instances, but what I will say is that I don’t think it’s necessarily a fair argument to say you need to “prove you’ve changed” with a NSFW threshold ban.

Brahma does present a fair case of “well you accumulated several points that led to the perma.” If it was a recurring issue, I’d have more issue with supporting an appeal… if this was made 1-3 months after the ban initially came to be. Considering that this person has been gone for 15 months, that’s a considerable amount of time to reflect and move on from said mistake.

If you’re concerned with the history, perhaps a compromise could be having them at a point threshold similar to TTT where if they mess up, then this person would be banned again. It’s been done with the forums and the discord before (iirc).

+1 for unban.

RE: unban request - Jammin - 07-17-2024

(07-17-2024, 09:32 AM)chapman Wrote: If you’re concerned with the history, perhaps a compromise could be having them at a point threshold similar to TTT where if they mess up, then this person would be banned again. It’s been done with the forums and the discord before (iirc).

The discord has this now, but NSFW in non-NSFW is not something to play around with 'warnings'. Those type of things get discord servers deleted.

On the other hand, getting the discord deleted is good for society. +1

(Serious answer is a second chance seems warranted so +1)

RE: unban request - eamtomlinson - 07-17-2024

(07-16-2024, 03:57 PM)Foxka Wrote: when you say something got out of hand with an old cat wtf do you mean by that
Uhh i described what happened to a kitten that was from a litter of 4 my cat had and it didnt make it.
I dont remember mich but i think the topic in chat was about someones cat dying but still probly shouldnt have said it what makes it worse is that i have an issue of embelishing things so it sounded horrible.

RE: unban request - Norm Minder - 07-17-2024

(07-16-2024, 11:57 AM)eamtomlinson Wrote: it doesn't excuse me using a social platform during it and I know it but if given a chance to come back i would not make the same mistakes i did.
i am sorry for it and would like to rejoin the community on discord 
He deserves another chance 1 year and 3 months is good enough +1

RE: unban request - Dildo Shwaggins - 07-17-2024

+1 for unban; maybe with a warn threshold. It’s been a while, just be careful with what you post going forward if you do get unbanned

RE: unban request - Dinomoto - 07-19-2024

okay we've got the explanation of the cat thing, but why did you post NSFW stuff multiple times?