Dinkleberg's GMod
Unban Request - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Prop Hunt (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: PH Ban Appeals (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+---- Forum: PH Ban Appeal Archive (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Thread: Unban Request (/showthread.php?tid=19747)

Pages: 1 2

Unban Request - Bork & Beans - 07-25-2024

Steam I.D: Bork & Beans

Your Discord Username: n/a

Your Discord User ID: n/a

Reason For Ban: Self Imposed Ban after an argument with mods. Would like to be reinstated. 

Length of Minimum Appeal Time (If given): At least a year. 

Reason for Admins to Unban: Had Issues with staff and how I used donor powers. Disagreed over what the rules for donors had changed over the years. 
At this point, I just want to play on the server again, won't bother with any of the donor perks anymore. 

Have you been banned before anywhere in the community (Link relevant threads): No. 

Other Information:

RE: Unban Request - chibill - 07-25-2024

I moved this to the Prop Hunt Ban Appeal forum, since your only banned on PH and the All Server Ban Appeal area is in relations to the All Server bans handed out to a few people back in April. (Where some were banned on all the servers)

RE: Unban Request - Bork & Beans - 07-25-2024

(07-25-2024, 07:03 PM)chibill Wrote: I moved this to the Prop Hunt Ban Appeal forum, since your only banned on PH and the All Server Ban Appeal area is in relations to the All Server bans handed out to a few people back in April. (Where some were banned on all the servers)
Ah, my bad. Thanks!

RE: Unban Request - August - 07-25-2024

I was there when said issues took place, and was even someone you had a quite unnecessarily heated conversation with. To this day looking back, I still have no earthly idea what you were on about and where the confusion came from, despite many of us correctly explaining everything regarding the donor guidelines. That being said, it's been well over a year so it all water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned, and many of us from the PH staff team at the time have resigned and/or moved on. Since your ban was by your own request and there wasn't any extenuating circumstances I could find, I see no reason why this ban shouldn't be lifted.

+1

RE: Unban Request - Bork & Beans - 07-26-2024

(07-25-2024, 09:00 PM)August Wrote: I was there when said issues took place, and was even someone you had a quite unnecessarily heated conversation with. To this day looking back, I still have no earthly idea what you were on about and where the confusion came from, despite many of us correctly explaining everything regarding the donor guidelines. That being said, it's been well over a year so it all water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned, and many of us from the PH staff team at the time have resigned and/or moved on. Since your ban was by your own request and there wasn't any extenuating circumstances I could find, I see no reason why this ban shouldn't be lifted.

+1
thanks august. Good to see you again!

RE: Unban Request - Dinomoto - 07-26-2024

Yeah.. I don't really get it, without context, it just seems like a whole bunch of nothing
+1 For unban.

Edit: I have context now, that's it? Compared to everything else I've seen, that is the most minimal nonsense.

RE: Unban Request - August - 07-26-2024

(07-26-2024, 11:23 AM)Dinomoto Wrote: Yeah.. I don't really get it, without context, it just seems like a whole bunch of nothing
+1 For unban.

The context was:

-Bork was confused about the PH donor guidelines.
-Bork asked the staff at the time, including myself and admins at the time (namely Ryzif, who ultimately issued the ban), who explained and even linked the guidelines to him.
-Bork still remained confused despite being shown exactly what he could or could not do to help police the server.
-Bork's confusion turned into frustration.
-Bork's frustration bubbled over, resulting in him requesting his ban in March of 2023.
-You are here.

That's pretty much it. Bork had caused minimal issues during that time aside from a couple smaller issues, none of which matters today. He was even being encouraged to continue working to become trusted (He applied once shortly before the ban but was denied because he wasn't quite ready for it, however we were optimistic that he would one day join the team).

RE: Unban Request - happy - 07-26-2024

since he left on non-slurring terms i'll +1

RE: Unban Request - chapman - 07-27-2024

get 'em back in here +1

RE: Unban Request - Tronald - 07-28-2024

+1 ban basically only happened with your consent, you now revoke it so this is a no brainer unban.
Personally I actually appreciate it when non staff help out so long as they aren’t being overzealous. Gag mute kick are part of donor package because frankly having those powers is a quality of life improvement, and can make playing more enjoyable. I recognize that my position is different from some former staff, though.

Hope to see you on the server soon!