Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noire's Movie of the Month
[Image: 44b9a6621bec16827d34c7716c0cab7b.jpg]

Yi Yi (2000) 

173 Minutes in Mandarin

Yi Yi, or A One and a Two, is a film directed by Edward Yang set in Taipei, Taiwan.  I think you should watch it.

The movie itself is beautifully shot, every scene oozing colorful 2000s. It's story follows the Jian family work their way through a few months facing life's everyday quandaries, slowly finding a way to understand, or cope, with the issues presented. It's happy, sad and a mix of the two all at once, all the way until the end. 

“My uncle says we live three times as long since man invented movies.
How can that be?
It means movies give us twice what we get from daily life.”

My favorite scene in the movie, mainly because I just really like the way it looks, is this one. 
[Image: c845970d7f542f06787e37cb27532655.jpg]

here are places to watch it
 [Image: 1b5a1094d2feca2ec5cafe5b209f8d1d.png]
or just stream it illegally. 
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
@maddox.chann
(07-23-2024, 02:51 PM)Icey Wrote: @maddox.chann
i fucking hope you die from overdose
I feel like chinese cinema doesnt get enough attention in the west tbh. Looks like a cool movie, ill add it to an ever increasing list of movies I intend to watch
[Image: b_560x95.png]
"let's fuck lycan" -Starky
Korean movies are also good. The Wailing and Train to busan are one of the best movies ive ever seen.
I actually haven't seen as many movies from Asia as id like. Generally, I only end up watching Japanese film just because they're so readily suggested.

Ill add this one to my watch list.
This week I watched Lawrence of Arabia ?