Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noire's MotM (August 2024)
[Image: 0dba5ff82c4693f8170b7a376649a435.jpg]

The Forever Topical Film,

Do The Right Thing

(1989) A Spike Lee Joint

Do The Right Thing the hottest feeling film you can watch, it'll make you sweat during a winter in North Dakota. That heat provides the perfect foil for tensions to rise between the ever varied cast of individuals on screen. "And that's the double truth, Ruth."  This movie, from beginning to end makes you feel a lot of emotions, everything from sharing happiness and love with the characters on screen to sharing disgust, to sharing hate.

[Image: 78261aa88581fd834b6cad77bd764e8a.jpg]

A Tale of Good and Evil

It's a movie that really shows how something as the height of summer can cause a scene of understanding and love to quickly turn into a man standing over a beatbox on the ground with a baseball bat in hand in a quiet room. It's a powerful film that shows that tensions between people can quickly turn into a violent climax quickly if an understanding isn't reached on both sides ultimately ending in the loss of something important on both sides, and life doesn't stop to mourn either party's losses. Cause it's always gonna be hot. Sweltering hot, and only getting hotter. "The cash money word is Chill, that's right C-H-I-L-L."

The movie ends on two quotes:

"Violence as a way of achieving racial justice is both impractical and immoral. It is impractical because it is a descending spiral ending in destruction for all. The old law of an eye for an eye leaves everybody blind. It is immoral because it seeks to humiliate the opponent rather than win his understanding; it seeks to annihilate rather than to convert. Violence is immoral because it thrives on hatred rather than love. It destroys community and makes brotherhood impossible. It leaves society in monologue rather than dialogue. Violence ends by defeating itself. It creates bitterness in the survivors and brutality in the destroyers."

Martin Luther King, Jr.

"I think there are plenty of good people in America, but there are also plenty of bad people in America and the bad ones are the ones who seem to have all the power and be in these positions to block things that you and I need. Because this is the situation, you and I have to preserver the right to do what is necessary to bring and end to that situation, and it doesn't mean that I advocate violence, but at the same time I am not against using violence in self-defense. I don't even call it violence when it's self-defense, I call it intelligence." 
Malcom X
[Image: 8db702bee3925a1782b220841e549bb8.png]

Powerful stuff for sure, and I highly recommend.

As always, if you want to watch it here are some options for you: 
[Image: 9786c7ab6475bfa514e2c4a9c9da5b4d.png]

or just pirate it.
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator