Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
An Apology
Your Discord Username:
Harmless Potato

Your Discord User ID:

Giselle Case Number:
No actual case number for the ban itself that I received.

Ban Length:
I'm guessing perma, but never got a message or a formal set time. I have been banned since June 8th, 2024.

Appeal Type:
Ban appeal.

Previous Unban Requests:
July 11th 2024

What would you like to tell us:
First off I would just like to apologize to Tiefling for using poor choice of wordage and anyone else I potentially may have offended. My actions before June and leading up to it were a spiraling chain of events that definitely shouldn't be tolerated. So I would like to take this time to say that I am sorry for the things that I have said during my previous tenure. I am far from a bad person, homophobic, or anything in a bad nature. A lot of my mistakes stem from an alcohol addiction. By no means is this an excuse though. 

A little backstory about me, I have had a very very rough past few years. Without going into great detail, I had a tough time overseas back in 2020, losing someone I knew in 2021, losing another person in 2022, losing a very close friend last September, then losing my grandfather last November. Don't want to expand further, a few select people here know about these things, just wanted to give a little insight on what has troubled me. 

When I first joined I had very minor issues that I quickly worked out and eventually bettered myself to be able to staff in 3 separate areas within the community. I would like to say that I was pretty good at it. I enjoyed it, it sorta kept me busy and gave me something to get my mind off things. I began to have issues starting off last September when I lost a person I knew very well and then my grandfather very shortly after. During that time leading up to around June I was drinking in excessive amounts to help cope with things. Alcoholic while technically is chemically a solution, it is not a solution to life's issues.

Since my last unban request I have spent the time to improve on myself. I have attended professional counseling for my issues and alcohol addiction. I had set a goal to not drink for 30 days, while I didn't make it to 30, I made it to roughly 28 days. Since then I have severely cut it back to just a few. A few people here can attest to this.

To address the poor people shit as well, if I get unbanned I will cut that out at the best of my ability. While not against the rules, I guess it is sorta annoying for some. 

If there are any questions, I will be happy to answer them.

Thank you. 

-Potato
"To address the poor people shit as well, if I get unbanned I will cut that out at the best of my ability. While not against the rules, I guess it is sorta annoying for some. " is wild, -1 LMAO
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
(08-17-2024, 10:58 AM)god if he didnt murder children Wrote: "To address the poor people shit as well, if I get unbanned I will cut that out at the best of my ability. While not against the rules, I guess it is sorta annoying for some. " is wild, -1 LMAO
What is wild about it? I just stated that I will to the best of my ability filter myself from expressing views of things. Any way you can expand on your post to get a better understanding of your opinion? :)
You did more than just "using poor choice of wordage", and downplaying it as such makes this apology ring a bit hollow.

While I can sympathize with going through tough times, I think it's in everyone's best interests for you to spend more time working out your own issues before returning.
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
(08-17-2024, 11:01 AM)Harmless_Potato Wrote:
(08-17-2024, 10:58 AM)god if he didnt murder children Wrote: "To address the poor people shit as well, if I get unbanned I will cut that out at the best of my ability. While not against the rules, I guess it is sorta annoying for some. " is wild, -1 LMAO
What is wild about it? I just stated that I will to the best of my ability filter myself from expressing views of things. Any way you can expand on your post to get a better understanding of your opinion? :)

The tone of this how I read it is you'll stop making bad comments about poor people because it's "sorta annoying for some" and not because you actually think it's wrong to talk about people that way. In your reply I am also a little on edge on how you said "filter myself from expressing [my] views of things", as in present tense. Will it affect your appeal? Idk, but yikes dude. Makes me wonder if you'll stop saying the F word because it's "sorta annoying for tiefling"
(08-17-2024, 01:41 PM)god if he didnt murder children Wrote:
(08-17-2024, 11:01 AM)Harmless_Potato Wrote:
[Image: KtqiFBl.png]
I'd like a actual response that serves purpose instead of a shitpost on a serious thread :)
I wish you had said "To address the poor people, I apologize for nothing, get your money up instead of your funny up." That would've made for a great joke.

+1 for everyone's favorite CORSAIR gamer. As you know, he got posted on their twitter for his setup once, that was dope.
It's a good thing that you had apologized and admit your wrongdoings that happened before your ban. Although your wordings had rub some people the wrong way, people aren't perfect. As one of the few people, I had seen you are trying to improve your mental stuffs and drinking problems. Continue trying to improve your life. 

I don't know if being unbanned from dinks will be a good thing for you but if you feel like it is and you are ready then I will respect that. For now, it a +0/-0 from the birb as idk.
IM THE BIRD : )
[Image: fce0cd09fdc96ca73df8963eeac3f694.jpg]
(08-17-2024, 11:31 AM)tiefling lesbian Wrote: You did more than just "using poor choice of wordage", and downplaying it as such makes this apology ring a bit hollow.

While I can sympathize with going through tough times, I think it's in everyone's best interests for you to spend more time working out your own issues before returning.
I can assure you that mistakes will not happen in the future. I think personally I have worked on myself to the point where I won't do anything dumb due to my limitations on alcohol consumption. I don't drink in excessive amounts anymore to the point where I had no filter. I am still attending counseling for various things to better myself as well. 

Personally think either a set period should be in place until I'm unbanned and/or unbanned with a point threshold where if anything were to happen (which nothing will), I would immediately be banned again. 

Thank you on your input :)

(08-17-2024, 02:00 PM)chapman Wrote: I wish you had said "To address the poor people, I apologize for nothing, get your money up instead of your funny up." That would've made for a great joke.

+1 for everyone's favorite CORSAIR gamer. As you know, he got posted on their twitter for his setup once, that was dope.
Just not the place for that. I'll try my best to ensure I won't make controversial things that may or will make people think I'm classist or something if that makes. Just want to rejoin and to have fun. No hard feelings towards anyone.

Haha yeah, they've shared my stuff a bunch. I have found that PC building sorta clears my mind off things. Tinkering with my current builds or building a new one just brings a little bit of my happiness out :)

(08-17-2024, 02:03 PM)Bird (2) Wrote: It's a good thing that you had apologized and admit your wrongdoings that happened before your ban. Although your wordings had rub some people the wrong way, people aren't perfect. As one of the few people, I had seen you are trying to improve your mental stuffs and drinking problems. Continue trying to improve your life. 

I don't know if being unbanned from dinks will be a good thing for you but if you feel like it is and you are ready then I will respect that. For now, it a +0/-0 from the birb as idk.
Definitely feel as if I am. Kinda tired of the bullshit that my old coping ways have lead me. I'm not a shit person, just want to have fun. Those ways are over, and little by little I'm attempting to regain myself as my former self before what has happened in the last 4 years. 

Thank you for your input Bird :)
"I am far from a bad person, homophobic, or anything in a bad nature." Then using homophobic slurs in anger is just "poor wordage" I guess.

I also want to say that having a challenging period of life and dealing with grief is not an excuse for taking out your behavior on others.