Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Olympics
As we all know, the Olympics are upon us, and I wonder what people's favorite things about them are. I personally like the sports you never usually get to see televised, as it's a good opportunity to watch and learn about them, and athletes I really want to root for (whether they be hometown or superstars on your favorite teams). 

What are your favorite things about the Olympics? 

Also, Gojira at the opening ceremony is one of the best things I have ever seen (maybe a biased take as they've been one of my favorite bands for a while).
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
(07-27-2024, 07:28 PM)Dildo Shwaggins Wrote: As we all know, the Olympics are upon us, and I wonder what people's favorite things about them are. I personally like the sports you never usually get to see televised, as it's a good opportunity to watch and learn about them, and athletes I really want to root for (whether they be hometown or superstars on your favorite teams). 

What are your favorite things about the Olympics? 

Also, Gojira at the opening ceremony is one of the best things I have ever seen (maybe a biased take as they've been one of my favorite bands for a while).
not watching it  Sick
I made mistakes but i think im past that
... i think
I used to be a competitive swimmer so i enjoy watching the swimming events and diving
[Image: image.png]Don't take anything I say seriously
(07-27-2024, 07:40 PM)Misstie6731 Wrote: I used to be a competitive swimmer so i enjoy watching the swimming events and diving

Swimming/diving is def my favorite "popular" one, I grew up watching Phelps and I'm hoping great things for Ledecky
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
I am the same about watching uncommon sports. Im not usually interested in skateboarding or shotput, but its more cool to watch it when it is the best people in the world. You get this sense that this is close the limit of what humans are currently capable of, but also realize that as science and our understanding of the body improves, we will probably find ways to throw that rock an extra few meters, or invent insane looking techniques for increasingly unhinged challenges.
I like that we also get to see what kind of athlete each country is best at producing. Watching synchronized diving made me wonder why is this the sport that china completely dominates the rest of the world at. like its the same difficulty as normal diving, but you have to go exactly the same as your partner. Perhaps it can allow you to learn things about a country.

Sometimes though its just cool to watch sports tho.
"let's fuck lycan" -Starky
If Team GB wins some stuff then great, but really I don't care that much, I'm just waiting for the football season to start in 2 weeks.
[Image: bH0KCfU.jpg]
As of right now, Australia on top baby
Kaptain Les
TTT Mod
Discord Admin
PH Helper
DR Player
Murder Hater
[Image: otzEX]
Fuck G-Cubed
[Image: he-man-background-1.gif]
Lowkey, field hockey, one of the more exciting sports.
curling
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)