Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Modster? Chuckerator??? Chuckleberg?????
Ingame Name: 
The Chuckster (Formerly: Toaster Oven and ToasterOven)
SteamID: 
STEAM_0:1:70652054
Discord Tag:
b_lock_ay (User ID: 243337842749603841)
Time Played: 
434+ hours across various names on GameTracker*** 
When First Joined: 
January 2017
Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): 
Weekdays: I can be seen on as early as 11am-6pm with some evenings ranging from 9pm-2am.
Weekends: I can be on in the evening from 8pm-4am, with some afternoon play in there from time to time.
All times EST.

Rank Desired: 
Current Rank: 
Test Mod

What can you do to help the community: 
As I have come back to Dinks after years of inactivity, I have determined I am in a good spot to be able to continue to foster the environment that drew me into it in the first place. Life circumstances have allowed for me to give a good measure of my time and attention to the community, more so than I ever had before. I want to do what I can to help bring people into this community and have them feel welcomed and understand that those who do not want to adhere to guidelines or are here to ruin other people's experience will be handled in an effective manner. I am typically on Dinks around the clock which I hope has stimulated a little bit of the early day server population and influences one time visitors come back again. Even if someone hops on the server out of the blue on some Tuesday afternoon and only plays for 3 or 4 rounds, I want to ensure that I leave a good impression on them and make them feel welcomed, regardless of their stay. 

In a more administrative sense, I feel I have grown very accustomed to the guidelines and procedures that come along with moderation. (i.e. Issuing slays, mutes/gags, and warns) I have become competent enough to issue such actions swiftly with minimal disruption to the player experience in-game. I constantly monitor new users who join to keep a look out for those who seek to cause trouble so that when the inevitable minge/hacker/racist/sexist case rolls along, I am ready to handle it with minimal impact and disturbance to those who come to Dink's to actually play and enjoy our community. If I am to be granted the role of Moderator, the disruption produced by consistently disruptive players would be even further suppressed due to the ability to directly ban as a direct result of their poor actions, in lieu having to ping Ryan to hop on and handle it. I feel I am also proactive in the de-escalation of situations where there are two parties that are heated toward one another. In the cases where there is a dispute over a game related issue, I am always quick to offer insight if I feel things are getting out of hand and not resolving naturally. Sifting through the noise to help bring things to a good resolution between players has been a focus of mine over the past few months. In the event there is a dispute over a non-game related issue, I am quick to intervene so things to not escalate toward a case of genuine harassment.

I have been doing my best to remain active in all community outlets and offer my personal take when I feel it is relevant to the conversation, particularly in potentially decisive situations. It's my goal to be able to be relied upon for a level and measured take/opinion when handling appropriate punishment or issues within the community. I want to grow into the spot I feel an upper staff member should be, someone who is able to be relied upon as a resource for players and staff alike and someone who helps build community members around them to be the best they can be as well. This, of course, is possible without the role of Moderator, but I want to contribute to the culture by having it come from the top-down to players and aspiring staff members have another potential case to look toward. 

Why you want to help the community: 
I really just want give back to and sustain a place that has meant so much to me. I want to continue to do my best, regardless of whether I am a Moderator or not, to cultivate a place where those who want to kick back and play some TTT, are welcome to do so. The community should be able to trust that those in voluntary positions of leadership are going to make their experience with our server the best it can be.

Garry's Mod is growing to be an old game. Some of the bigger server empires have come and gone. It surprises me that after all this time Dinks is still here, and not only that, but still how it feels how it did to me when I first logged on. I grew up playing on this server and I have had the pleasure of meeting many wonderful people and develop many actual substantive friendships. I've come and gone a few times but this community was here for some pretty pleasant and unpleasant times throughout my life. Through high school, break ups, moving out, and college, it's been here. I want to play a part in making sure Dinks TTT, and the whole community beyond for that matter, stays around for as long as there are people willing to be a part of it. A large part of it comes from a moderation team that tries their best to cultivate a server culture that inspires others to have fun and make friends while ensuring those who want to do otherwise are handled accordingly.

Despite the many ups and downs I have been able to only look upon as a post-mortem bystander, I want to preserve what we have here while it lasts and make it a nice place for those who want to be here. I want old and new players alike to have the opportunity to share the same experience I have had the pleasure to be a part of over the years.

Have you been previously banned, or do you have active warn points? (Link Relevant Posts): 
Yes, I have.*
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=10007

This one I apparently got banned for 7 months instead of 7 days after accidentally leaving with a slay.
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...p?tid=1245

I do not have any active warn points.

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts): 
Yes, I have.**
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...p?tid=1548

How did you find us?: 
Poked around the server browser one day and then decided to keep playing and coming back for more fun TTT moments.

Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for? (Links under requirements in format thread): 
Yes

Other: 
*Regarding my previous ban:
My previous ban was a result of me engaging in the trolling and harassment of a kid who played on Dinks back in 2019. I also subsequently unmuted myself after I had been muted by another staff member. I do not have an excuse as to how I acted, as I had plenty of time logged on the server to have known better at that point and that is certainly not the ideal image any staff member should display, both toward my fellow staff member and my blatant disregard toward their corrective action and especially toward a player who was clearly so young. While I am not sure what circumstances led up to it entirely but as I have matured over the years, I have grown to have a great appreciation for those who are kind to younger players, especially those who are bold enough to have their microphone on. Coming from an ex-14 year old who bought DTmod after hardly having 100 hours, I am gracious for the patience that had been shown me back then and do not know that I would be here now if it wasn't for the kindness of strangers nearly 8 years ago. Since then, and especially over the past few months I have been active on Dinks, I have tried to make a concerted effort to make all who join, regardless of age or experience with TTT, comfortable and equipped with the correct knowledge in order to have fun.

If there is anyone who is concerned about this or would like to reach out for more information regarding this, please let me know and I would be happy to discuss this matter in further detail because I do not feel this event is at all indicative of the person I am now, nor the staff member I aspire to be. 

**Regarding my previous application:
Not exactly sure why I applied then. I certainly did not meet the minimum requirements to apply. This time around I hope it has been made clear my love for this community and my desire to continue to support it any way I can so that it can continue to attract new players and have such an effect on others as it has myself.

***GameTracker side tangent:
Okay I swear to god that I joined this server under the name "Toaster" in January of 2017 and got to regular under that name. I can remember it vividly. According to all known repositories, I have not been able to find evidence of this. I think I had my server time reset somewhere in there and that is why my time now reflects only aprox. 2 weeks (366 hours). My current sum of hours according to GameTracker that I have logged is 434 hours, which would be AT LEAST 534 if the hours I logged from my time playing under "Toaster" were there. It has been tweaking me out for years that I can't find the missing 100 hours I got when I first started playing on Dinks.

If anyone has any further questions on how to sort this out, I would be more than happy to provide further information! I have some documentation of me being active on the server since at least February 2017 but I'm certain I was active prior to then.
[Image: 233db8df95863710bce8feeadccbd5cc.jpg]
there should be a word limit for these things.
"let's fuck lycan" -Starky
Who let you in? +1
Give it to this man he deserves it, also good luck with the hurricane my friend +1
Give the man power so he may dab (ban) on the haters.

+1
[Image: jazz-music-starts-duckless-candy.gif]
This guy deserves the world and more <3

+1 Good luck Chuck!
Ngl I'm too tired to read all of that as of typing this, but I will say +1 from my own experience with the guy. Never a bad moment when playing with him.
[Image: 64he44D.png]  
(10-09-2024, 06:12 PM)Sacred Wrote: Ngl I'm too tired to read all of that as of typing this, but I will say +1 from my own experience with the guy. Never a bad moment when playing with him.
Fair, not really worth the read. Just wanted to make TDawg suffer through my 4 page essay.
Guys, I did it. I read the entire thing. Can I have 5 million pointshop points?  Biggrin

~~~~~~

In all seriousness, reading through your old forum posts, notably the unban requests & staff applications, it's very clear how much you've matured over the last several years. You clearly care about the wellbeing of the server & the community. I don't think your activity has been an issue at all recently (in stark contrast to the last time you applied for mod), and you always bring positive energy when you're on the server.

In my experience, you've been very fair in your enforcement of the rules and you do a great job de-escalating sticky situations. My personal experiences with you have been nothing but positive and I'm definitely happy to see you show the ambition to take on more responsibility. 

~~~~~~

I only have one small gripe about your moderation: There are times where someone will say/do something that tows the line of rule-breaking, and you let it go unchecked. I think that's normal and totally in line with how TTT moderation should be, as long as it doesn't become consistent, or a detriment to other players. There are other times though when similar incidents are occurring that you'll egg on the behavior if it's funny. So far, this hasn't led to any big problems, but I think it has the potential to encourage similar behavior in other players, so it's not something I'd like to see much more of.

I know I typed a lot about it here, but it's a relatively minor issue, and something I've only seen you do maybe two or three times, so not really docking you too much here. I figured I'd point it out as something to try and improve on moving forward. 

~~~~~~

All that being said, definitely giving a hardy +1 here. Best of luck man, hope it works out!
[Image: 440198-senior-thumbs-up-cool-man.jpg]
(10-10-2024, 04:02 PM)Im A Bald Eagle Wrote: Guys, I did it. I read the entire thing. Can I have 5 million pointshop points?  Biggrin

~~~~~~

In all seriousness, reading through your old forum posts, notably the unban requests & staff applications, it's very clear how much you've matured over the last several years. You clearly care about the wellbeing of the server & the community. I don't think your activity has been an issue at all recently (in stark contrast to the last time you applied for mod), and you always bring positive energy when you're on the server.

In my experience, you've been very fair in your enforcement of the rules and you do a great job de-escalating sticky situations. My personal experiences with you have been nothing but positive and I'm definitely happy to see you show the ambition to take on more responsibility. 

~~~~~~

I only have one small gripe about your moderation: There are times where someone will say/do something that tows the line of rule-breaking, and you let it go unchecked. I think that's normal and totally in line with how TTT moderation should be, as long as it doesn't become consistent, or a detriment to other players. There are other times though when similar incidents are occurring that you'll egg on the behavior if it's funny. So far, this hasn't led to any big problems, but I think it has the potential to encourage similar behavior in other players, so it's not something I'd like to see much more of.

I know I typed a lot about it here, but it's a relatively minor issue, and something I've only seen you do maybe two or three times, so not really docking you too much here. I figured I'd point it out as something to try and improve on moving forward. 

~~~~~~

All that being said, definitely giving a hardy +1 here. Best of luck man, hope it works out!
I really appreciate you taking the time to read my 4 page yap session and especially appreciate the feedback Mr. Eagle.

I agree regarding the point about certain occasions where there is a user bordering rule breaking behavior. I can recall a few instances similar to the ones you described where I've let things slide with minimal intervention. I honestly think you hit the nail on the head when it comes to how I can better promote "law abiding citizen" behavior. One of the biggest things I want to focus on going forward is maintaining a fun atmosphere while still ensuring I hold myself accountable when it comes to making sure others adhere to rules. It's a hard line to walk to promote having fun, but I don't want it to come at the expense of other's enjoyment or everyone's quality of life on the server. 

I believe there is a way to balance maintaining the "vibe" of the server without throwing the book at every fringe/borderline case of approaching rule breaking when it's only in good fun. I can do better to issue verbal warnings (and especially not encouraging such behavior) toward offending users in cases teetering on the edge of rule breaking just to keep a handle on things in the event things cross the line. When things do inevitably cross the line, I of course am ready to handle things in a more official and documented approach.