Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
An Apology
Reminder to forum mods/admins that it is OK to issue warnings when folks start a useless back and forth and shitpost. This way threads don't get locked prematurely.

(08-18-2024, 03:55 AM)proper Wrote: i think you need to face some real consequences for your behavior for once. the way you are responding to people on this appeal - all of whom have MANY reasons to be angry with you and rightfully so - tells me that you're only sorry that you were punished.

i don't think you should force some apology that seems sincere just to make everyone happy, but jesus christ man, can you at least try to act actually sorry? this is not shit you'd be able to get away with in the real world, as a heads up. you are in a very fortunate spot in life, and i'm happy for you, but with that comes the responsibility of being sensitive to those around you and willing to accept feedback and criticism with how you carry yourself in the world. i am not seeing that here.

people have done and said stupid ass shit while wasted, but the racism, homophobia, and classism is 100% from you and not the drink. hope you have been, or plan on, getting some help. -1

This best summarizes my feelings on the matter. I'm glad you are seeking professional help as stated, but I see no reason to bring this stuff back into Dinks.

I'm a -1, and as Kap said, it's gonna take a lot to get unbanned. I'd recommend waiting until 2025 before attempting another appeal.

But again, glad you are working on yourself!
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
IMO the repeated slur usage on top of the off remarks about poor people caused the community to lose any respect or good will they had for you and the targeted usage was the straw that broke the camel back. I honestly think in this case it'd be better for you to walk away for a couple more months instead of appealing at the next chance. With that said at this point in time I will -1 i believe your presence in the discord would do more harm than good atm
[Image: e2d.jpg]
(08-18-2024, 06:43 PM)clay Wrote: [quote=[snip: re: your snip of a genuine experience] 
[Image: clay_02.PNG?ex=66c3f7fe&is=66c2a67e&hm=0...6c0e4ea44&]
please, don't attack people here. Lets stay objective and focus on the main issue. If you have nothing kind to say/do, just dont. I don't think here nor anywhere is the right place to make light of real human suffering. Especially when people are recounting the generics of the horrors they have lived, you denigrating it to the gravy seals copypasta is in really poor taste. Not only is it really, off topic, it is the same vein of cruelty and insensitivity that you and many of us seemed to have an issue with.

I think pretty much many if not all the main point of the pros and cons have been discussed here, and it seems that the conversation is going to derail.
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
Damn, Noire was right, there's some good brainrot here.

Slater said it best. I would argue that the discord isn't worth you coming back to, not because I think you're a bad person, but the place just is not really worth being a part of. I imagine if you did, tiefling and others would just target you for having your luck stat higher than theirs (more money) or for playing Golf with Friends and saying something crazy. And before you say that what I'm doing is harassment, when Potato was in the discord, anytime money was brought up tiefling would attempt to antagonize him publicly for something stupid he'd say. It wasn't only tiefling as I also made fun of him for these things too.

You have done some good work on yourself it seems, but several members here will continue to hold grudges, and in their eyes, it would be justified.

The military thing... no comment on that other than why... Not reading wall of text arguments about that.

If this is denied though, I would suggest you have a bit more time before the next appeal. I won't say 2025 like Jammin, but maybe in 3 months. Also, have someone proofread your thread so that way people don't twist your words like what happened this time (:
Congrats on sobering up for 28 days. Continue to follow through with this, alcoholism ruins so many good lives. I have experienced such personally.

However, do you believe this community will be beneficial to you in the long run? There's been a lot of toxicity. Harassing, stalking, bullying, and death threats come to mind. Are you sure you want to associate with this community? That idea seems to dwindle in my head as every petty drama builds more and more tension.

Respectfully, I don't think you should be in this community for multiple reasons that would benefit both you and the community itself.
(08-19-2024, 11:05 AM)NECRO Wrote: Snip
Totally agree with this

It's good to see you trying to better yourself, but, I think taking your time to grow as a person should be your priority instead of comming back to this community(trust me it could fuck with your head some more if you do come back now)
Hey Potato,
I'm glad to see that you've started therapy and that you've been almost sober for a month congratulations on that!

Now the main corncerns that people are valid the way you've worded your appeal leaves a sour taste, i believe that you are trying change for the better but at this point i ask myself would it do you any good to return to the server?

Dinkleberg isn't a good environment for someone trying to better themselves, especially when there are people that will probably pick at you every chance they get. I dont think it would be a good thing and might undo the progress you've made so far.

My main concerns are that too little time has passed for me to be able to support this app especially with the poor people comment which is a bit distasteful and wasn't really needed or could have been worded better at this time i'm at -1 i hope this doesn't discourage you from appealing in the future if you so decide to.
[Image: crimson.gif]

[Image: drKEvv9.png]
Bump
I think we should unban to stir the pot
[Image: image.png]Don't take anything I say seriously
(09-05-2024, 10:04 PM)Misstie6731 Wrote: I think we should unban to stir the pot

Whilst I appreciate another carnage supporter, I doubt it will happen.
[Image: bH0KCfU.jpg]