Poll: gib !slap?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
40.00%
2 40.00%
yes
60.00%
3 60.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ok, hear me out guys
To the Esteemed Administration of the TTT Server,

Subject: Proposal for Universal Staff Access to the !slap Command

I hope this letter finds you in excellent health and even greater spirits. I write to you today not with a mere suggestion, but with a vision—a vision that, if embraced, could lead to unparalleled improvements in server moderation, staff cohesion, and overall player experience.

It is my humble recommendation that all staff members, regardless of rank or stature, be granted unrestricted access to the revered !slap command. I do not make this suggestion lightly, nor do I do so without carefully considering the far-reaching implications of such a decision. Permit me, if you will, to outline the manifold advantages of this initiative.

1. A Revolutionary Tool for AFK Management
In an environment where timing and quick reflexes are paramount, an AFK player can cause chaos, confusion, and unwarranted delays. While existing mechanisms to deal with such players are, no doubt, effective, they lack a certain panache. The !slap command, when judiciously applied, would serve as an immediate inquiry into the player’s state of mind—are they truly absent, or simply lulled into complacency? A single slap, and the truth is revealed. Should they remain unmoved, one can assume they are unreachable, and thus, gently usher them into the spectator mode where they belong.

2. A Swift and Elegant Method for Tempering Insolence
In the heat of discourse, tensions can rise. Tempers flare, and voices, once calm, become unruly. It is at this precise juncture where the !slap command could serve as the perfect moderator—a literal slap on the wrist, a humorous, yet effective reminder that some lines should not be crossed. Imagine a player spewing venomous insults, only to be met with a swift slap and the solemn word "no" typed in chat. This is not just justice; it is poetry.

3. Fostering a Culture of Respect and Humor
Let us not overlook the social benefits of this tool. The !slap command, when wielded responsibly, fosters camaraderie and light-hearted moments, strengthening the bond between staff and players. A playful slap here and there, in moments of levity, could diffuse potential confrontations and remind everyone that, after all, we are here to enjoy ourselves. The server would no longer be just a battlefield of traitors and innocents—it would be a home of playful jests and shared laughter.

4. Precedent in Moderation History
It is worth noting that historically, many servers have found utility in granting moderation teams such humorous yet effective tools. Their success speaks for itself. The responsibility of moderation should not be solely to enforce rules, but to maintain the server’s atmosphere. With the !slap command, we can both maintain order and do so with a touch of grace and humor.

5. Mitigating Burnout Among Staff
Moderators are, after all, human. The burden of constant vigilance can weigh heavily on the mind. The !slap command offers a cathartic outlet for staff members, allowing them to maintain a lighthearted attitude even in the most trying of circumstances. It is, if you will, a morale boost in command form.

Conclusion
In closing, I would like to express my unwavering confidence that the implementation of the !slap command for all staff members would not only enhance the quality of life for moderators but also contribute to a more dynamic and enjoyable server environment for all. The command’s judicious application would ensure that it remains a tool of moderation, not of abuse, and it would usher in a new era of administrative efficiency and amusement.

I remain, as always, at your service for any further discussion on this matter, and I am confident that this proposal will meet with your favorable consideration.

With the deepest respect and highest hopes for the future of our beloved server,
[Your Name]
A Dedicated and Loyal Player
[Image: jazz-music-starts-duckless-candy.gif]
Sorry, I can't read
[Image: b_560x95.png]
+1 donor+ get slap
[Image: cYQlQ4a.gif]
Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
No. Now that I have all the commands I understand just why we must limit as many commands as possible to only the Admin rank. The power, the variety, and the power all are too much for any ole staff member.

For your own career's sake I recommend you avoid making public statements that might tarnish the Admin teams image and if you feel that for some reason you have a need to speak make sure to run it through our approved post coordinator @HardcoreOven .

Thank you.

You may be correct, but that doesn't mean you're right.
(09-30-2024, 11:10 PM)TDawg4 Wrote: No. Now that I have all the commands I understand just why we must limit as many commands as possible to only the Admin rank. The power, the variety, and the power all are too much for any ole staff member.

For your own career's sake I recommend you avoid making public statements that might tarnish the Admin teams image and if you feel that for some reason you have a need to speak make sure to run it through our approved post coordinator @HardcoreOven .

Thank you.

!banid STEAM_0:1:28954773 0 fun police
Spread Kindness, Not Hate.
Creativity comes from a conflict of ideas.
(09-30-2024, 11:10 PM)TDawg4 Wrote: No. Now that I have all the commands I understand just why we must limit as many commands as possible to only the Admin rank. The power, the variety, and the power all are too much for any ole staff member.

Thank you.

bro got drunk on the power of his newfound ascension
[Image: fBz8ezO.png]   

Thank you.

HUHHHHH!?!??! At worst you’ll just get blocked, but I gotchu
Uhhhhh I don't remember electing hardcore as the post coordinator.
Enjoy your meeting with the head of HR, @Brahma , Mr. Dawg4.
[Image: 233db8df95863710bce8feeadccbd5cc.jpg]

Thank you.

I'll think about it and come back to you in 5 to 7 business days.

Thank you.

I've thought about it, and I respect and value your opinion, even tho it is wrong.

>:(