Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Communication and Civility
You ask for a lot clearer communication from up high. This is something I've been crusading for since I bought TMod almost a year ago. With the forcible removal of an abusive Admin and the resignation of the inactive co-owner, two seats opened up in the room where it happens. Of the two people who were picked to fill them, Scoovie was another person who advocated for better communication. This has resulted in a significant shift in policy. Unban requests are answered, staff apps are given explicit answers instead of ambiguous silence, and the Admins have a visible presence on the server. Hell, I'm constantly on here doing my best to answer every question the community has for me and I try to keep everyone informed of the work I'm doing. It's not perfect, mind you, but it's moving in a better direction.

With that being said, this community has a habit of being feisty when it comes to disagreements. When action is taken against people with a powerful presence in the community, such as Lycan's demotion or the banning of the BANTZ people, civil discussions quickly devolve into name calling. I think that this was one of the reasons (though not the only one) that the Hoodie thread was locked so quickly; the Admins felt it was becoming a hostile and toxic environment and that not nipping it in the bud would have resulted in discourse. Yes, it's sad that the actions of the past have this amount of impact on the present. But there has been a mindset for a long time that "telling people to stop being immature when presenting a differing opinion" is the same as "censorship" and the Admins are not in the mood to put up with that shit anymore. It's why Blackcat is currently banned on the forums.

I'd like to state for clarity's sake that I feel the Admins jumped the gun on locking the thread and more visible moderation of the conversation would have resulted in a less-hostile end.

While I'm not interested in engaging the conversation about the ban directly, I'll ask you and the greater community this: what would you like to see changed about the communication from up high? Knowing that there are people here who will be very vocal and vitriolic about anything and everything they do, how would you handle these individuals if you were an Admin?

Messages In This Thread
Communication and Civility - by Dildo Shwaggins - 04-19-2017, 02:11 PM
RE: Communication and Civility - by Mr_Rippe - 04-19-2017, 02:58 PM
RE: Communication and Civility - by RussEfarmer - 04-19-2017, 03:20 PM
RE: Communication and Civility - by Mr_Rippe - 04-19-2017, 03:22 PM
RE: Communication and Civility - by Mr_Rippe - 04-19-2017, 03:40 PM
RE: Communication and Civility - by Everyjuan - 04-19-2017, 03:31 PM
RE: Communication and Civility - by Emperor Nero - 04-19-2017, 04:20 PM
RE: Communication and Civility - by BmanTheTBM - 04-19-2017, 05:26 PM
RE: Communication and Civility - by Sus-AF - 04-19-2017, 06:48 PM
RE: Communication and Civility - by City - 04-20-2017, 02:06 PM
RE: Communication and Civility - by ReThink - 04-20-2017, 02:59 PM