Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Consistency/Severity of Punishment
(10-26-2022, 05:50 PM)Salty Wrote: As for the suggestion to permamute fanta, I think that's a bit extreme. Perhaps if that were to continue after the week ban you could consider a permanent mute, but for now I think a 1 week ban is fine. We don't immediately jump to a permanent ban for racism, so why do that for transphobia? They're both equally disgusting acts (especially if it's unironic), but permanently banning off it ESPECIALLY if they don't have any previous bans or a records against them is just asinine. 
I agree on the notion of that perma is too quick for this incident by today's moderation guidelines and what the community overall thinks about this. But I do feel that a 1-7day van is just too short for a personal attack like what happened here. I personally feel like for this type of harrasement 2week to 1 month is warranted with potential early release through an unban request with honest apologies and incentive to improve theirselves.

Fanta getting banned for a week just feels like me he's going to rejoin next week, doesn't have to do any unban request or explain/apologize theirselves and will just continue their behaviour like before.

Also regarding the parallel you draw with racism, I feel like racism is more like insulting people because they belong to a group/race/etc. Like shouting kill all furries on the server or hating me because I'm a furry. These kind of attacks are not as personal as someone just straightly attacking you for gender identity and often used in a less serious context.
Trying to invalidate who you are however with misgendering and attacks in PM/Public, that's a way harsher personal attack and hits way harder for the person it's aimed at.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by Foxka - 10-26-2022, 04:34 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by reinaberg - 10-26-2022, 04:47 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by reinaberg - 10-26-2022, 05:33 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by Salty - 10-26-2022, 05:50 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by reinaberg - 10-26-2022, 06:27 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by Salty - 10-26-2022, 06:51 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by reinaberg - 10-26-2022, 06:53 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by Vrilly, ze floofy derg uwu - 10-26-2022, 06:50 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by reinaberg - 10-26-2022, 09:26 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by icey - 10-26-2022, 11:12 PM