Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Consistency/Severity of Punishment
(10-26-2022, 06:51 PM)Salty Wrote:
(10-26-2022, 06:50 PM)Vrilly, ze floofy derg uwu Wrote: Also regarding the parallel you draw with racism, I feel like racism is more like insulting people because they belong to a group/race/etc. Like shouting kill all furries on the server or hating me because I'm a furry. These kind of attacks are not as personal as someone just straightly attacking you for gender identity and often used in a less serious context.
Trying to invalidate who you are however with misgendering and attacks in PM/Public, that's a way harsher personal attack and hits way harder for the person it's aimed at.

Wouldn't that be the same type of invalidation, considering that both of those are identities? That doesn't make much sense to me. Could you reword this perhaps?

It's not too clear, and that's difficult in these kind of discussion. But I'll try to explain my train of thoughts in my best ability

But if someone for examples rdms me and says it's because I'm a furry I'm fine with that. Or when someone slurs against you because you said you're black.
In these cases it's not really to the person, it's just because I'm a furry or I'm black and any other furry would have gotten the same treatment from them

This kind of sexual harrasement however it's not because one is trans, woman. The hate is way more targeted at the person. These interactions really make me feel like Fanta personally hates her and constructs their comments in a way it really hurts and not it's just another transphobe doing a generic comment in bad taste.

It would be like one trying to invalidate me being a furry and say I'm not a furry because I don't have a fursuit.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by Foxka - 10-26-2022, 04:34 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by reinaberg - 10-26-2022, 04:47 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by reinaberg - 10-26-2022, 05:33 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by Salty - 10-26-2022, 05:50 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by reinaberg - 10-26-2022, 06:27 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by Salty - 10-26-2022, 06:51 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by Vrilly, ze floofy derg uwu - 10-26-2022, 07:02 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by reinaberg - 10-26-2022, 06:53 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by reinaberg - 10-26-2022, 09:26 PM
RE: Consistency/Severity of Punishment - by icey - 10-26-2022, 11:12 PM