Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Explanation of Humor and Jokes: Simpleish
(06-10-2024, 12:23 AM)TDawg4 Wrote: 3. This type is saying the same type of things, but the "funny" part is that you are revealing a deep truth that is not supposed to be said. This deep truth is tied to genuinely horrible beliefs. This type masquerades as the types above saying "its just a joke." 
 This especially sucks finding out when certain statements were not jokes and who they actually are. For the other type of jokes you pretty much nailed it. I will be honest and say I'm not a fan of these types of jokes and don't really find them that funny. I know however not everyone has the same humour so I try to understand that but at the same time I still don't like those jokes. It also is hard to tell tone over text so sometimes you may not know if a person is joking or if they are being serious or what, even if you know the person.

You also have to be careful about some jokes even if you do it in private because they might bother/offend your friends sharing the same space/server as you. It's about knowing the time and place for the jokes as well. All in all, I agree with most of this post tdawg, thank you for making this.

Messages In This Thread
RE: An Explanation of Humor and Jokes: Simpleish - by JesseTheUndeadCowboy - 06-10-2024, 11:42 AM
RE: An Explanation of Humor and Jokes: Simpleish - by JesseTheUndeadCowboy - 06-11-2024, 07:51 AM