Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Unresigning and what the Status Quo could be
(06-10-2024, 01:50 PM)RyanHighman Wrote: For all ranks: a grace period of 7 days to unresign at their current rank with a direct appeal to admins (no app needed)

For tmod+: a grace period of 2 months to unresign at a rank 1 step down from previously held rank (application must be made on the forums)

Anything beyond that should be treated as a fresh start and the application process should be started at trusted/tmod.

In all cases, the final say and deliberation should be held by the admin team. Nothing should be automatic and they should keep the right to accept/deny these things based on behaviour during the resignation/as a staff member.

Edit: I also like the idea of admins being allowed to set custom waiting periods for staff that come back at a lower rank to apply for promotion (i.e. a mod coming back as a tmod and being allowed to apply for mod again after a month).
This seems fine. At the end of the day its just giving a process for resigned staff members and nothing reallllly changes on the admin side since there will always be some exceptions. 

Personally, I think going up every rank should have an application outside of your idea of a 7 day grace period which I am fine with. 

Edit: I think the period for tmod+ should be longer 3 or 4 months instead of 2.

I am still am confused why people resign outside of admins. There is not really a demand for your vote as a trusted to mod, and many if not most of the people who resign I would want to comeback if they want to play again in 6 months or whenever RDM rules and not being an ass really doesn't change that much over time. 

Well the other reason people resign is "in protest", and I am not sure how I feel about unresigning if you left in protest. You get the props for "sticking" to your values, but then get to walk it back at a later date when the environment is more acceptable to you. When you resign in protest you are basically saying that the rest of the staff team was not good enough for you and does not deserve you (possibly true) or that you wanted to say how you really felt, but it rings pretty hollow if you unresign relatively quickly after. ^this I guess would fall under Ryan's idea of Admins having final deliberation which makes sense. 

In general I think people should just say that they need a break and go on inactive status instead and make resigning more of a niche thing. I would want to have more people who feel free to come in and out of the community as they play different games and have different schedules throughout the year especially as the community skews pretty heavily towards adult with job.
Drunk on my newfound ascension!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unresigning and what the Status Quo could be - by TDawg4 - 06-10-2024, 02:39 PM
RE: Unresigning and what the Status Quo could be - by JesseTheUndeadCowboy - 06-11-2024, 08:00 AM