Nate Warn Appeal
Ingame Name: Nate

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:163021079

Who Warned You: Saylor Twift

Reason for warn: Mic Spam

Length of Warn: Expires 10/12/2024

Reason for admins to unwarn:  The last week or two, my mic has been randomly messing up off and on for no rhyme or reason. The only way I've found to fix it is to just turn if off and on a few times and get lucky. (I get paid tomorrow and will be hopefully able to get a new one this weekend)

Yesterday, my mic started messing up again. Saylor gagged me and told me my mic was bad. I was trying to fix it while playing, but I'll admit I was also goofing off with it a little bit. Most people ended up thinking it was funny. I did eventually end up fixing it like I usually can. (I would also like to add that around, the 1:25 mark I did get legitimately spooked and did not mean to mic spam lmao)
Today, I joined the server and Coco immediately said "Was it Nate?" and I asked "Was what me?" I was immediately gagged (warranted tbf lmao), and warned. I feel a warn wasn't very necessary; especially considering it was three words and unintentional. I tried saying this in game, but did not get an answer. We talked a bit more about it in the staff discord.
When I brought up that it was only three words, he said "It was also more than three words today, you did it when the map changed and ungagged you aswell". The only other thing I said was "Is it fixed" (It wasn't). I was reminded of the in game mic check and it did not happen again.

We were discussing it in the staff discord, and he eventually told me to make a forum post to appeal the warn. I posted this screenshot from the rules and said "I understand its under discretion, just wanted to throw it out there that it is a buggy mic!" to which he responded with "Given yesterday's incident and your regular troll behavior I'm not really inclined to believe you had mic issues. Either way, forums appeal is the way to go at this point". I wanted to bring this up in case anybody else wanted to try to make the same point. I understand that some people may think I'm just a troll, but it's mostly only targeted towards my friends. Such as, shit talking them in the discord, rdming them, or ghost kicking them via the relay in the discord. There are times where I messed around a bit too much in serious moments, but I don't ever intentionally try to ruin other people's time on the server; I'm always straight up and honest about trolling and messing around. I have also made it well known to several people in the discord and in game that my mic is just messed up and I am trying to fix it.

All in all, I just don't think the warn was deserved. I know 2 points isn't a huge deal, especially since I don't have any others; but I just feel this was the wrong call here and I was told by Saylor to make an appeal. I understand I joked around for a minute with it yesterday, but I don't think unexpectedly having my mic mess up is a good reason to warn. It would've been much better to be like "Hey your mic is messed up again" and for me to fix it real quick. Since I was reminded about the in game mic test feature, until I can get a new mic, I can and will easily check my mic before I hop on to ensure it's not messed up when I connect.

Have you been warned before: Only jokingly

Other:

Messages In This Thread
Nate Warn Appeal - by Nate - 09-12-2024, 11:07 PM
RE: Nate Warn Appeal - by Saylor Twift - 09-12-2024, 11:31 PM
RE: Nate Warn Appeal - by RyanHighman - 09-13-2024, 12:05 AM
RE: Nate Warn Appeal - by 茶 Tea - 09-13-2024, 02:00 AM
RE: Nate Warn Appeal - by coco - 09-13-2024, 04:02 AM
RE: Nate Warn Appeal - by Brahma - 09-13-2024, 04:55 AM
RE: Nate Warn Appeal - by Jammin - 09-13-2024, 07:42 AM
RE: Nate Warn Appeal - by BGgamez YT - 09-13-2024, 10:35 AM
RE: Nate Warn Appeal - by HardcoreOven - 09-13-2024, 12:29 PM