Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Modster? Chuckerator??? Chuckleberg?????
(10-10-2024, 04:02 PM)Im A Bald Eagle Wrote: Guys, I did it. I read the entire thing. Can I have 5 million pointshop points?  Biggrin

~~~~~~

In all seriousness, reading through your old forum posts, notably the unban requests & staff applications, it's very clear how much you've matured over the last several years. You clearly care about the wellbeing of the server & the community. I don't think your activity has been an issue at all recently (in stark contrast to the last time you applied for mod), and you always bring positive energy when you're on the server.

In my experience, you've been very fair in your enforcement of the rules and you do a great job de-escalating sticky situations. My personal experiences with you have been nothing but positive and I'm definitely happy to see you show the ambition to take on more responsibility. 

~~~~~~

I only have one small gripe about your moderation: There are times where someone will say/do something that tows the line of rule-breaking, and you let it go unchecked. I think that's normal and totally in line with how TTT moderation should be, as long as it doesn't become consistent, or a detriment to other players. There are other times though when similar incidents are occurring that you'll egg on the behavior if it's funny. So far, this hasn't led to any big problems, but I think it has the potential to encourage similar behavior in other players, so it's not something I'd like to see much more of.

I know I typed a lot about it here, but it's a relatively minor issue, and something I've only seen you do maybe two or three times, so not really docking you too much here. I figured I'd point it out as something to try and improve on moving forward. 

~~~~~~

All that being said, definitely giving a hardy +1 here. Best of luck man, hope it works out!
I really appreciate you taking the time to read my 4 page yap session and especially appreciate the feedback Mr. Eagle.

I agree regarding the point about certain occasions where there is a user bordering rule breaking behavior. I can recall a few instances similar to the ones you described where I've let things slide with minimal intervention. I honestly think you hit the nail on the head when it comes to how I can better promote "law abiding citizen" behavior. One of the biggest things I want to focus on going forward is maintaining a fun atmosphere while still ensuring I hold myself accountable when it comes to making sure others adhere to rules. It's a hard line to walk to promote having fun, but I don't want it to come at the expense of other's enjoyment or everyone's quality of life on the server. 

I believe there is a way to balance maintaining the "vibe" of the server without throwing the book at every fringe/borderline case of approaching rule breaking when it's only in good fun. I can do better to issue verbal warnings (and especially not encouraging such behavior) toward offending users in cases teetering on the edge of rule breaking just to keep a handle on things in the event things cross the line. When things do inevitably cross the line, I of course am ready to handle things in a more official and documented approach.
[Image: 233db8df95863710bce8feeadccbd5cc.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Modster? Chuckerator??? Chuckleberg????? - by The Chuckster - 10-10-2024, 07:17 PM