Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I double up on the mod?
Im not understanding the spider situation, but it sounds like a singular incident. I hope you weren't muting someone for posting a spider gif, out of context that sounds ridiculous and fairly concerning. If it was spammed sure but just for a spider? I'll assume this was at worst a one-off incident.

I remember you being around when some of us got 'called out' in the discord and you tried but were powerless to stop the harassment due to only being helper. I feel discord mod would enable you to help in some of these more critical situations.

I really don't see any issue with promotion but am curious to see what foxka brought up/see the evidence. +1 unless later convinced otherwise.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(06-30-2024, 08:52 AM)Jammin Wrote: Im not understanding the spider situation, but it sounds like a singular incident. I hope you weren't muting someone for posting a spider gif, out of context that sounds ridiculous and fairly concerning. If it was spammed sure but just for a spider? I'll assume this was at worst a one-off incident.
If a person asks someone not to post an image that they are uncomfortable/creeped out with I believe its common decency that you should respect the person's wishes. Asking people not to post spider images while the person uncomfortable with them is present is a reasonable request all things considered. Muting/warning someone for posting a spider image after the player expressed extreme discomfort with them and asked not to be posted seems like a reasonable response.  People can chat without posting images of them. I will say that a situation like this may differ depending on the topic/subject that is being asked not to post but at the end of the day, people deserve to feel comfortable/ not creeped out.
in my humble opinion... posting a picture or a gif of a spider is not against discord TOS or the server's rules, so punishing someone for doing so is absolutely ridiculous. I'm sorry if you (general) have such a severe phobia, but it cannot be expected of the world to accommodate it. obviously if someone's spamming, that's a different story. would it be NICE for people to respect the situation and not post anything spider related? absolutely. but, as we all are aware, this is the internet.

anyways, about the actual app: i don't really see an issue with a promotion so long as the spider thing is ironed out lol.
[Image: kirby.gif]
Please allow me to clarify the spider situation.

Firstly, I did not mute or warn anybody for doing so. There was a question proposed by someone in the discord about posting spiders and Duck said that if it was posted, I would warn and remove it and then I was pinged to confirm it. I then stated that if someone asks you to not infringe on their boundary of sending one of their fears and if it was done, yes there could be a warn and removal for it. My message and tone seem to have been muddled when I said "can confirm" and such but to be clear, I am not warning or muting for sending a spider. Merely, I said that yea, if you post something that makes someone uncomfortable, that's not cool and does in fact violate a rule if you KNEW it was a boundary and fear.

That is all.
[Image: lDo6UQl.png]
[Image: fkzTG3C.jpeg]
For the spider incident, I think it comes down to good faith or bad faith congruent with rule 2 mostly. If posted in good faith and someone explicitly expresses major discomfort with it, then as long as it’s dropped and people continue on punishment wouldn’t be warranted. If someone continues in bad faith to cause discomfort to that person, it’s more warranted. If someone oblivious comes along and posts something possibly iffy, that should err on the side of not in bad faith too. Staff members and discord members alike need to read the room before taking action for the best resolution.

I guess the main point of contention here is how you enacted the punishment via GiselleBot at the time. I do not remember if you tried to achieve a result by verbal de-escalation at first, but for a somewhat gray area situation in relation to how rules are written such as this I think it’s also behooving to take that initial approach too when nothing that is an immediately heinous rule violation is happening.

Overall I’m not opposed to a promotion, anyone former or current staff here has had an instance of an unpopular punishment or perception of going too hard or too soft on something. I just wish there was a scenario sheet the community could see because it would be helpful to see how prospective staff would handle situations that the rules are a little vague on
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
Fuck the Shibuya Incident, it's the Spider Incident that matters.

tiefling lesbian's "This You?" type of reply to Foxka is hilarious albeit unprofessional (maybe should've sent that one in the staff discord instead of posting it here, but alas)

All I ask is that you don't give people ammunition (i'm going to freak out over a spider) in the future. If you're a moderator, the trolls would probably be more inclined to mess with you, so if you get this position, keep that in mind.

I am going to say -1 because although I have not collected evidence of it, I have noticed a trend where you gave preferential treatment towards people you're friends with, mostly friends of yours such as Wende. I think if you're going to be a moderator, you need to have less of an obvious showcasing of bias. 

I'm not going back in the discord to collect screenshots of said instances, but I do know that it has occurred. Someone with more free time can investigate that if they choose to.

EDIT: I just remembered that not only was Wende banned, that individual also manually deleted their messages in the discord so that was a poor choice of example.
(06-30-2024, 12:33 PM)chapman Wrote: Fuck the Shibuya Incident, it's the Spider Incident that matters.

tiefling lesbian's "This You?" type of reply to Foxka is hilarious albeit unprofessional (maybe should've sent that one in the staff discord instead of posting it here, but alas)

All I ask is that you don't give people ammunition (i'm going to freak out over a spider) in the future. If you're a moderator, the trolls would probably be more inclined to mess with you, so if you get this position, keep that in mind.

I am going to say -1 because although I have not collected evidence of it, I have noticed a trend where you gave preferential treatment towards people you're friends with, mostly friends of yours such as Wende. I think if you're going to be a moderator, you need to have less of an obvious showcasing of bias. 

I'm not going back in the discord to collect screenshots of said instances, but I do know that it has occurred. Someone with more free time can investigate that if they choose to.

EDIT: I just remembered that not only was Wende banned, that individual also manually deleted their messages in the discord so that was a poor choice of example.
How is pointing out that slash is not inactive unprofessional??

For the rest again show proof of obvious showcasing bias because people saying stuff without any kind of evidence is frustrating at this point.We need more than words
(06-30-2024, 12:51 PM)Norm Minder Wrote: How is pointing out that slash is not inactive unprofessional??

For the rest again show proof of obvious showcasing bias because people saying stuff without any kind of evidence is frustrating at this point.We need more than words

Norm, allow me to answer your questions.

1. The notion of pointing out that someone is incorrect in itself is not unprofessional, but the manner of how it was delivered was my issue. All that would be needed to prevent said problem would be the added sentence of: Hey, Foxka, I appreciate your concern, but here is a record of Slash's recent message history. Simply putting a screenshot with no words seems to be a petty way to undermine someone's argument. Don't get me wrong, Foxka's take was baseless. 

2. I understand your frustration with the 2nd point. I wish I had the evidence, but to be completely transparent, I was told by a third party about said incident, and as a result, I have no evidence to provide; therefore, if all I have are words, then that's all I have. 

From my interactions with Slash, I think that it's a minor issue, but I still felt like it was enough to hold back from being mod which is why I brought it up.

As a result, I will change my position from a -1 to neutrality. Without evidence, my claim also looks baseless.

TL/DR: I don't care enough to scurry through messages to find the evidence myself and simply wanted to point out a potential issue.
I am not a part of the Discord server so I'm not putting in a vote here, however - I do not think it's ridiculous to expect others to respect each other's boundaries (including the ones that you may personally consider minimal) while chatting together inside of a moderated community, even if it is the internet.

Also bringing up small concerns without evidence is fine, but preferential treatment has been a rather big accusation while discussing the moderation of this community and bringing it up without any proof to showcase it while saying that you can't be bothered to look for what you've brought up doesn't come across as being done in good faith and feels like a rather moot point as to whether or not Slash should be promoted.
(06-30-2024, 11:32 AM)Slasheronic Wrote: Please allow me to clarify the spider situation.

Firstly, I did not mute or warn anybody for doing so. There was a question proposed by someone in the discord about posting spiders and Duck said that if it was posted, I would warn and remove it and then I was pinged to confirm it. I then stated that if someone asks you to not infringe on their boundary of sending one of their fears and if it was done, yes there could be a warn and removal for it. My message and tone seem to have been muddled when I said "can confirm" and such but to be clear, I am not warning or muting for sending a spider. Merely, I said that yea, if you post something that makes someone uncomfortable, that's not cool and does in fact violate a rule if you KNEW it was a boundary and fear.

That is all.

This was posted before my response, but I do like this response in that it's a good way of what I was trying to say in good vs bad faith
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]