Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
operation whale hunt
Ultimately the decision is not mine but I'll put my two cents in anyway.

This is a fat no from me, hell I don't think the staff we have now should be staff with everything that's happened. Sad had a part in not only running off mystic from this server but me, phantom, L3, fluxx and others I won't name after what happened and how poorly it was delt with during and after. It surprises me that a 1 day ban on his alt only as it seems was all he got. At least what was transparent, idk how yall handled a staff member doing this stuff behind the scenes and how that translated into other servers where they do staff. But considering Noone came to any off us about it in the end, im assuming it was just another slap on the wrist as usual.

In the end let sleeping dogs lie, move on.
(07-24-2024, 03:13 PM)Carson Wrote:
(07-24-2024, 02:27 PM)August Wrote:
(07-24-2024, 09:13 AM)MysticalElfWarrior Wrote: -

The fact that Biig Sad has an alt means absolutely nothing to me. I am interested however in these claims of trolling and harassment. Could you please expand on that?
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=19615 they talk about it somewhere in this thread
I would say this thread and the events surrounding it are recent enough for it to possibly be a concern here. While he at the very least was honest about his role in the situation and I don't think it is something he would do again, the damage was still done. It's good to have the drive to try and revive the server but at the same time I feel like what happened would be pretty disqualifying for staff on any of the other two servers here.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
luckily if he becomes staff on murder, there won't be anyone for him to be complicit in driving off

+1
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
I guess my biggest question is: why? Why do you want a murder staff rank and what would it allow you to do differently? You were involved in a trolling incident somewhat recently, but from what I read, your part in that was somewhat minor, and if Im honest, I still dont fully understand what happened.

I appreciate your wanting to help repop the server, and I assume the role would be so you could uphold the rules while you're on, but I dont see any real need for you to get it. Additionally, with the recency of the incident in question, I dont believe it would be a good idea to give you staff so soon.

Note: This is not my reflection on how you staff prophunt. Too be perfectly honest, I have no idea how well you staff prophunt. This only has to do with the benefits and concerns for you getting Murder Trusted. I believe there are not many benefits, and enough concerns to give pause with this application.

Best of luck to ya
Spread Kindness, Not Hate.
Creativity comes from a conflict of ideas.
Considering that the incident(that Carson already posted a link to it earlier in this thread) was around a month ago I will vote -1 since that is not an adequate behavior for a staff especially somebody striving to be admin for this community
Bump
-1 bye
[Image: Tag.PNG?ex=6690c31f&is=668f719f&hm=1dec2...9af78a266&]
(07-25-2024, 05:33 PM)RyanHighman Wrote: I guess my biggest question is: why? Why do you want a murder staff rank and what would it allow you to do differently? You were involved in a trolling incident somewhat recently, but from what I read, your part in that was somewhat minor, and if Im honest, I still dont fully understand what happened.

I appreciate your wanting to help repop the server, and I assume the role would be so you could uphold the rules while you're on, but I dont see any real need for you to get it. Additionally, with the recency of the incident in question, I dont believe it would be a good idea to give you staff so soon.

Note: This is not my reflection on how you staff prophunt. Too be perfectly honest, I have no idea how well you staff prophunt. This only has to do with the benefits and concerns for you getting Murder Trusted. I believe there are not many benefits, and enough concerns to give pause with this application.

Best of luck to ya
Hi Ryan.

one of my side objectives aside from the main ones that you have already listed is that I want a better idea of how staffing other servers work. In general, I think its good to understand different approaches and different tools for staffing purposes.

to address the issue, my role in it was fairly minor, as all I did was get on with an alt and troll by rdming once or twice and by push spamming. Honestly, this would be par for course over at TTT (think inno-inno rdm, pushing with barrel. happens, the rdm results in a slay if not forgiven. Often is humorous)
Should I have done either? No, not really. Not on murder. In hindsight, it was really immature, and it is not something I would repeat. It genuinely started as an honest bit that got out of control for everyone involved.

in conclusion, yes, I did troll a little. However, I argue that I have since grown from that experience, and learned lessons from it.
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
(07-28-2024, 03:06 PM)BIIG_SAD Wrote: to address the issue, my role in it was fairly minor, as all I did was get on with an alt and troll by rdming once or twice and by push spamming. Honestly, this would be par for course over at TTT (think inno-inno rdm, pushing with barrel. happens, the rdm results in a slay if not forgiven. Often is humorous)

I feel like this is my issue with this application. If you don't know the etiquette enough for the server to maintain that atmosphere, you may need more time before getting staff there. On TTT this behavior would only be considered ok when done to your friends and not to random players who do not know you.
I'm curious as to what you've learned from that trolling experience
[Image: bH0KCfU.jpg]