Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
T-Admin4
(06-24-2024, 04:55 PM)茶 Tea Wrote: i dont want to relitigate the past but since you would be deciding on these things, what is your opinion on the big drama that happened a couple months ago?
I get where you’re coming from with this question. Trying to see and understand how a potential admin would handle admin-level drama. I don’t, however, think it’s a question that is possible to answer. Tdawg (nor any of us) have access to the admin info/evidence and can only answer based on the public facing information. To truly make a decision or ruling on this, it’s important to have all of the pieces to the puzzle, not just the edge pieces.

That said, Tdawg is one of the most reliable staff on the server and one of the most coolheaded in the community. I think he would do great as an admin and seems to have a real drive to benefit the community. +1

If I could drop two tidbits of advice, should you get admin: 1. Don’t rush into things and think you have make a bunch of changes just because you can. There isn’t “changes made” quota to meet. 2. Continue to use the people around you. Both the admin team, and especially the lower staff in the ranks (Mod-). We’re all here to bounce ideas off of and offer our advice and input. Don’t feel like it’s all on you.
Spread Kindness, Not Hate.
Creativity comes from a conflict of ideas.
(06-24-2024, 06:14 PM)RyanHighman Wrote:
(06-24-2024, 04:55 PM)茶 Tea Wrote: i dont want to relitigate the past but since you would be deciding on these things, what is your opinion on the big drama that happened a couple months ago?
I get where you’re coming from with this question. Trying to see and understand how a potential admin would handle admin-level drama. I don’t, however, think it’s a question that is possible to answer. Tdawg (nor any of us) have access to the admin info/evidence and can only answer based on the public facing information. To truly make a decision or ruling on this, it’s important to have all of the pieces to the puzzle, not just the edge pieces.
in that case, maybe it's better i rephrase the question. given only the publicly available information, what is your analysis of and outlook on the events of the past few months?
Huge +1. Tdawg is very active, extremely reliable, and one of the best staff members we have had. He makes logical decisions and enforces the rules while still maintaining a fun environment. It’s extremely important to have someone who can see the point of both sides while still being able to make decisions when needed, and I think TDawg is perfect for that role.

Besides being extremely tall and handsome, TDawg has the skills to make critical decisions and progress the server forward. Good luck my friend!
Tdawg,

It really excites me to see you put your hat in the ring to become admin. One of the things that you have been consistent about over the many years I've seen you is that you continually bring an unbiased approach to situations. You make sure you gather facts and hear everything before making a judgment call. This is a quality that admins must have as they deal with highly sensitive information. I believe that this is a strength of yours. Another thing that is great to see is that you have experience working on the development side of a community/server. A community like this needs to have a consistent push for new content/updates as the game mode is often repetitive and can become dull. Both of these things make you an ideal candidate for the role. 

While I share these praises, there is a glaring concern I do have. From my view, I think that your lack of involvement with server-related stuff (I.e.. Server Updates/Dev Team Stuff) concerns me with how serious you are with getting new things added to the server. While this is not a HUGE criticism, I believe it is something worth addressing as you will have the reigns to make large decisions that impact player's interaction with the community. 

For now, I remain neutral as I would like to see a response from you on this critique. Best of luck, brother!

Update: +1. Tdawg, the dawg in you will do this place good. Best of luck!
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
(06-24-2024, 06:33 PM)茶 Tea Wrote: in that case, maybe it's better i rephrase the question. given only the publicly available information, what is your analysis of and outlook on the events of the past few months?
This feels like a bait question to get at something. Not to be rude or attack you. This was months ago and while I get the perspective to want a question like this to be able to see a viable solution to a complicated situation, I just don’t think it’s a question that benefits much besides wanting something out of it.
+1
Active, confident, and responsive member of the staffing team.
You are likely the staff member I feel most at ease with having around in game, when you're on I know absolutely, that any issues will quickly and pointedly be taken care of.
I must say...that's just scratching the surface of what you will offer this community as a member of high staff.

I appreciate your professional, neutral approach to staffing and I believe it's absolutely what this community needs from members of high staff.

There's not much I can say that hasn't been said plenty in this thread already. You're the man for the job, good luck bud.
(06-24-2024, 08:22 PM)slater Wrote:
(06-24-2024, 06:33 PM)茶 Tea Wrote: in that case, maybe it's better i rephrase the question. given only the publicly available information, what is your analysis of and outlook on the events of the past few months?
This feels like a bait question to get at something. Not to be rude or attack you. This was months ago and while I get the perspective to want a question like this to be able to see a viable solution to a complicated situation, I just don’t think it’s a question that benefits much besides wanting something out of it.
i'm not trying to start anything, i just feel as though some members of the community took certain perspectives toward some of these issues that i would not like to see come out of the admin team. this was not even 2 months ago and quite frankly, i expect some of the issues that came up then to come up again. therefore, i would like to know how tdawg might handle them.
[Image: fBz8ezO.png]   
I think both of these responses/questions are fair sorry about ur rep Tea and likely the 2 main sticking points of this app. 

I want to be clear. There is a reason I did not comment much/dive into the drama at the time.

One reason was I spent my time focusing on keeping the server alive. I convinced friends to come play who had not played on our server before. And did my best to kick start the server pretty much every day for over a week back in April. At the time the server was dead and it took me and a few other dedicated players to get it going each day. (often times playing with 4-8 players for most of the day). 

The second and much better reason was each time I read a post I had nothing constructive or beneficial to add. Pretty much every response was hinting at or referencing some behind the scenes screenshot, comment, or action. I did receive summaries of situations, but all of them were from people very deeply involved. If you gave me the set of facts being presented by one side I would agree that probably the other side was unhinged and should be excised from the community, but I never had access to those facts only bits and pieces. After the official bans released I did directly ask multiple admins both their feelings on the situation making clear that I only wanted them to tell me what they felt was  acceptable. After I asked like the announcement advised there was a statement put out pretty quickly after about mining for information and how victims were being harassed because of it. I received something hopefully similar to whoever else asked which was a repeat of publicly stated issues and that specifics could not be disclosed for the sake of privacy. With that being the message received I have stayed far away from relitigating the issue and would only take a strong stance as an admin for appeals coming up or if significant information was brought to my attention. If you know the term Stare Decisis (look it up if you dont). There is a weight to existing decisions and should not just be changed or relitigated on a personal opinion or whim. 

This is probably the best I can give without accidently leaking something about the situation or making assumptions. Only other things I'll say is that There is no "project 2025" for if I get Admin. i.e a planned set of actions to flip the server on its head and some how make things right or something. RyanHighman's advice is something I have heard from a few people and I am going to do my best to follow it. 

(06-24-2024, 07:29 PM)bryanbrr Wrote: While I share these praises, there is a glaring concern I do have. From my view, I think that your lack of involvement with server-related stuff (I.e.. Server Updates/Dev Team Stuff) concerns me with how serious you are with getting new things added to the server. While this is not a HUGE criticism, I believe it is something worth addressing as you will have the reigns to make large decisions that impact player's interaction with the community. 

For now, I remain neutral as I would like to see a response from you on this critique. Best of luck, brother!

This is the issue with my app and promoting me to admin. This is a weakness compared to someone like Chibill, but I fit more in the area for some of our more community focused admins. The reason I pointed out what I could do is I wanted to highlight my willingness to spend the time and put in the effort to do these things that are not within my wheelhouse. I wanted to show my limitations, but also what I feel I can accomplish in that area. Maybe I directed the attention a bit in the wrong direction since its at the beginning, but too be fair that section is only like 1/5th of the app. Updates can be slow, but the biggest hole that I see right now especially with Icey being out of the picture is the community connection to players to the highest level of our staff team.

Tbh my greatest skill in life is to send a message, wait a few days, send another message, wait a few days send another message, rinse repeat. 

The goal was to highlight that I am not a bring brand new content person, but am more than capable of making the small changes to keep things fresher. One of those being to immediately switch to Winter Mansion as we are now in the Winter months south of the equator @KaptainLes .
It is not okay to literally tell people their opinions are wrong because they disagree.
+1 for TBlawg4, one of the longest standing community members should be allowed their shot at admin.
TDawg shows many qualities that I look for in an admin. He is fair in handling situations, gathering information before making an informed decision. He not only knows the rules, but can explain the rules to people and can teach staff how to apply the rules to situations. He is also great with community interaction, making new and longstanding members of the community feel welcome on the server. Overall, your hard work, character, and dedication to the community speaks for itself.

This is a very easy +1 for admin. I can't wait to see what you can bring to the table, and I know you will do an amazing job. Best of luck on your application, and I hope to see you as admin soon ^^
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~