Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
T-Admin4
TDawg not wanting to mix with worthless drama is a sign that he may work to prevent worthless drama in the future. I appreciate his answer to Tea's and Bryan's well-thought questions, and appreciate his ability to objectively evaluate situations.

TDawg can be trusted to handle sensitive information with the care necessary, and would serve well as an admin.
I see TDawg 's role fitting well in the current team.

+1
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(06-24-2024, 09:18 PM)TDawg4 Wrote:
(06-24-2024, 04:55 PM)茶 Tea Wrote: i dont want to relitigate the past but since you would be deciding on these things, what is your opinion on the big drama that happened a couple months ago?

The second and much better reason was each time I read a post I had nothing constructive or beneficial to add. Pretty much every response was hinting at or referencing some behind the scenes screenshot, comment, or action. I did receive summaries of situations, but all of them were from people very deeply involved. If you gave me the set of facts being presented by one side I would agree that probably the other side was unhinged and should be excised from the community, but I never had access to those facts only bits and pieces. After the official bans released I did directly ask multiple admins both their feelings on the situation making clear that I only wanted them to tell me what they felt was  acceptable. After I asked like the announcement advised there was a statement put out pretty quickly after about mining for information and how victims were being harassed because of it. I received something hopefully similar to whoever else asked which was a repeat of publicly stated issues and that specifics could not be disclosed for the sake of privacy. With that being the message received I have stayed far away from relitigating the issue and would only take a strong stance as an admin for appeals coming up or if significant information was brought to my attention. If you know the term Stare Decisis (look it up if you dont). There is a weight to existing decisions and should not just be changed or relitigated on a personal opinion or whim. 

Not delving too much into this but reading over your response and as I was involved, you did more than ask how they felt about it.

You specifically went to at least one of the admins after the first announcement and asked about the identities of the other person involved in one of the bans, then asked if you could see or if you could ask the banned party for the full DM logs of said sensitive situation that you were not involved in as they are your friend and would've given it to you if you had asked, which I was notified of because once again, I was involved in the information you were asking for and the admin that you asked was concerned that you would've gone through with asking for the logs, which would've been a huge and unnecessary breach of privacy. 

And yes, you were aware of the reason they were banned when reaching out to the admin, which was indicated in what I was shown about you trying to get more information than you would've possibly ever needed in that situation.

I'm not active so I have no vote here, but I do hope that going forward if you are accepted, and even if you aren't, you handle those situations with more care and sensibility.
Yikes, I wasn't sure on replying on this tbh but after reading bab comment that does worry me. Why would you ask for one of the other players involved in the ban? Full dm logs is also unnecessary as well to be asking for in situations like these, it makes it seems weird to be asking those sort of questions when you were not involved that much yourself. Bab is right about stuff like this requiring more care and sense. I'm not too sure how I would feel about you being admin but I will say you have been helpful towards me since I came back which I do appreciate, just the part above has me worried a bit. Might make an official vote later but im conflicted rn.
just my two cents no one asked for but I think TDawg asking for damning evidence against one of his friends is totally valid, it would be tough for me to completely take something at face value without any evidence! Especially when the only thing being said about the situation, to my knowledge, was all within the public sphere. I think him asking for evidence here is TDawg doing his due diligence as someone whose path directly crosses with the accused.

With that being said and put aside, TDawg could have been given full access to all of the information and kept it completely to himself, I think that he is responsible and trustworthy enough to not share sensitive information with his friends, which is an important trait for an admin to have. Not only that but we have evidence of TDawg also putting his relationships with people aside to take action and "do the right thing" and give admins the necessary information needed during the staff guidelines debacle (see my long ass post for more details and TDawg's side)
Again I could glaze him up for 27 more Google doc pages but I don't need to, he'll probably make a long ass post explaining his thought process anyways.

tl;dr
Schizo mobile post also mf name drop at this point I know you're not talking ab mf chibill
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
(06-30-2024, 02:19 PM)bab Wrote: You specifically went to at least one of the admins after the first announcement and asked about the identities of the other person involved in one of the bans, then asked if you could see or if you could ask the banned party for the full DM logs of said sensitive situation that you were not involved in as they are your friend and would've given it to you if you had asked, which I was notified of because once again, I was involved in the information you were asking for and the admin that you asked was concerned that you would've gone through with asking for the logs, which would've been a huge and unnecessary breach of privacy. 
While this is unrelated, it seems hypocritical to say, considering that a current admin leaked stuff about this in another discord server. They know they are doing it and they are fine with it. I find it silly that it's happening. Even on both sides, it's sensitive information that SHOULD be left to the admins and yet, information is being leaked out because you are close friends with them and they clearly don't care to leak admin chat. It's a devastating breach of privacy and yes I do not have "evidence," because I left the discord for other reasons and because it became very sensitive to a certain amount of people that got blocked from viewing stuff while others close got to view all of this information that was being leaked. I don't care to mention names of the server since I want to move on from the whole April shit and I don't want to mention the close friends cause they obviously weren't leaking. But, for tiefling, leaking admin chat? It's pretty unprofessional to leak staff chat and breach other's privacy. Again, this is UNRELATED to the staff app, but it's ridiculous to say this when you were also leaked information from a current admin.

Edit: I'm gonna leave the part of Tdawg asking for that information since I don't know anything about that and I don't want to respond on his behalf because it's his admin app and it would be pretty stupid for me to respond to it when I'm not Tdawg.
(06-30-2024, 03:51 PM)Noire ♜ Wrote: just my two cents no one asked for but I think TDawg asking for damning evidence against one of his friends is totally valid, it would be tough for me to completely take something at face value without any evidence! Especially when the only thing being said about the situation, to my knowledge, was all within the public sphere. I think him asking for evidence here is TDawg doing his due diligence as someone whose path directly crosses with the accused.

With that being said and put aside, TDawg could have been given full access to all of the information and kept it completely to himself, I think that he is responsible and trustworthy enough to not share sensitive information with his friends, which is an important trait for an admin to have. Not only that but we have evidence of TDawg also putting his relationships with people aside to take action and "do the right thing" and give admins the necessary information needed during the staff guidelines debacle (see my long ass post for more details and TDawg's side)

tl;dr
Schizo mobile post also mf name drop at this point I know you're not talking ab mf chibill

Respectfully, I personally do not know TDawg as well as you do and have no reason to trust that he would keep that information to himself. Not to say that I think he would give out all of that to someone else, it's just that I had and have no reason to believe that.

I was not questioning his ability to put aside his friendships when it comes to moderating, I was simply responding to the notion that he was simply 'asking how the admins felt' about the situation, which wasn't true, and that as the person involved in this situation and the information that he was going out of his way to ask for in much more detail than what he needed, the way he went about it made me extremely uncomfortable which has made me lack trust in his ability to handle sensitive situations and that is another critical trait for an Admin in the community to have.

I understand wanting more information on a serious situation involving your friend, but there is absolutely no reason for him to be given full access to MY messages when I had not given any consent for him to access that private, personal information.

Also, I am obscuring names because there were multiple admins involved in handling that situation at that time and there is no reason for me to drop the names, thank you. :)

-

In response to Slater as to not muddy this application any further with more replies;

Asking for sensitive information about an incredibly serious matter involving two players in the community is not the same as random admin/staff chat messages being leaked. I have nothing further to say on that as, truly, it doesn't concern me. I am hardly a part of this community anymore and don't interact with anything about it outside of the occasional forum post or TTT/Prophunt session, if things are being leaked, that's none of my business and not for me to solve or report, I wouldn't know about it.

Nothing about the situation I am referencing in the admin chat was shown to any server to my knowledge, and if it was, it was done without my consent or want. I wouldn't have approved of that at all.
(06-30-2024, 04:17 PM)bab Wrote: Asking for sensitive information about an incredibly serious matter involving two players in the community is not the same as random admin/staff chat messages being leaked. I have nothing further to say on that as, truly, it doesn't concern me. I am hardly a part of this community anymore and don't interact with anything about it outside of the occasional forum post or TTT/Prophunt session, if things are being leaked, that's none of my business and not for me to solve or report, I wouldn't know about it.
I didn't mention about the involvement of two other players. I mentioned specifically others asking an admin about anything in admin chat and the "leaks" of the admin revealing sensitive information to friends because they felt the need to, when it breaches multiple parties privacy. So tell me how does asking for sensitive information in admin chat isn't leaking? It's specifically admin chat full of sensitive stuff. Showing admin chat by "screenshots" is also leaking. If you are being shown admin chat, you should be reporting it. Not stand by idle and pretend like it's not happening.
(06-30-2024, 04:34 PM)slater Wrote:
(06-30-2024, 04:17 PM)bab Wrote: Asking for sensitive information about an incredibly serious matter involving two players in the community is not the same as random admin/staff chat messages being leaked. I have nothing further to say on that as, truly, it doesn't concern me. I am hardly a part of this community anymore and don't interact with anything about it outside of the occasional forum post or TTT/Prophunt session, if things are being leaked, that's none of my business and not for me to solve or report, I wouldn't know about it.
I didn't mention about the involvement of two other players. I mentioned specifically others asking an admin about anything in admin chat and the "leaks" of the admin revealing sensitive information to friends because they felt the need to, when it breaches multiple parties privacy. So tell me how does asking for sensitive information in admin chat isn't leaking? It's specifically admin chat full of sensitive stuff. Showing admin chat by "screenshots" is also leaking. If you are being shown admin chat, you should be reporting it. Not stand by idle and pretend like it's not happening.

I wasn't the one involved in asking for anything to be leaked nor do I know what's going on in the staff/admin chat, so I'm not quite sure what you want me to say here.

As you said, your responses to me are unrelated to TDawg's application and have nothing to do with it, and if you can't differentiate what true sensitive information is or not, that's none of my concern either. Also, the situation I am referring to is him asking for PRIVATE, personal information outside of the admin or staff chat. He wasn't asking for what was said in the admin chat, he was asking to be shown my full private logs of what took place without my knowledge or consent. 

I'm not here to report anything as once again, that is not my responsibility and I was simply responding to something TDawg said in response to one of the questions he answered on his application regarding a situation I was heavily involved in and your grievances with other members of the community in regards to staff chat being leaked doesn't concern me, thank you. :)
so we're just admitting that admin chat is being leaked now? whack lmao
i have to say, the way the most fervent supporters of this app are engaging in whataboutism and petty bickering is concerning to me. it makes it seem like they came here just because they want a friend to replace a previous admin. i don't want to judge tdawg based solely on his friends but i do think it warrants a close look at what people are saying here. sorry tdawg this has little to do with you but i think it was worth saying.
[Image: fBz8ezO.png]