Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Unresigning and what the Status Quo could be
imo being wishy washy about having a staff position (resigning and wanting it back a week later) is a sign of personal instability regarding having the position, so I don't think the person should get staff back on such a short notice. You either want to be staff or you don't

Getting staff back after a longer period of time (3-6 months-ish) you should be able to reapply and if accepted have your original rank reinstated with a competency test
(06-10-2024, 06:23 PM)bryanbrr Wrote:
(06-10-2024, 06:17 PM)brother roach Wrote: This is an issue that....seems like common sense would deem very simple.
The foundation of this issue is deciding on what is FAIR. Ok.
The fairest thing that can be done, despite some groaning here or there from prominent members of the community is to codify it. Make it black and white.

In MOST cases we can agree people typically shouldn't have their rank handed back. I think everyone would agree on that in MOST cases.

Put this issue to bed, keep it simple.

When a staff member removes themselves, if they want to be staff again they gain everyone's trust back and work their way up from trusted like everyone else.

No one will have the communitie's complete trust if handed a high level position to matter how popular they are or think they are.
The only way to make this fair across the board, the only way to prove trust to EVERYONE is disavow Unresigning.
Make people work from the ground up.
Dude has been here for a month and is already based af. Brother Roach for Trusted!
I must wait for my 50,000 hours like everyone else.
(06-10-2024, 06:23 PM)Misstie6731 Wrote:
(06-10-2024, 06:20 PM)茶 Tea Wrote:
(06-10-2024, 06:17 PM)Misstie6731 Wrote:
(06-10-2024, 06:16 PM)茶 Tea Wrote:
(06-10-2024, 06:15 PM)Misstie6731 Wrote: No, thank YOU for your necessary and relevant contribution to this discussion tea
you are so welcome my friend!! i appreciate u!
Wooooooaaaaaah slow ur horses, im one for sarcasm but friend is taking it TOO FAR
do you want to be friends if you do please watch skibidi toilet #65 with me
No I honestly find you weird and insufferable
does this mean you don't like skibidi toilet
[Image: fBz8ezO.png]   
dont think there should be any grace period after saying you resign imo, coming from someone who attempted to unresign previously haha (me)
working way back up isnt hard at all
(06-10-2024, 06:31 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: imo being wishy washy about having a staff position (resigning and wanting it back a week later) is a sign of personal instability regarding having the position, so I don't think the person should get staff back on such a short notice. You either want to be staff or you don't

Getting staff back after a longer period of time (3-6 months-ish) you should be able to reapply and if accepted have your original rank reinstated with a competency test
In my personal defense. I was out of town and house sitting for 2 weeks when all the drama hit. I was feeling kinda helpless to help and just watching it all unfold trying to stay up to date on my phone. I thought resigning would be better for me, but only after a few days of being resigned and being back home did I realize that it wasnt what I wanted.

I've staffed a few times and have known people to feel "trapped" and get easily burned out because of not wanting to resign and lose the connection they have with their peers (or sometimes not wanting to lose their power).

There were volatile that were changing frequently. I hope all this made sense and doesnt read like senseless rambling
Spread Kindness, Not Hate.
Creativity comes from a conflict of ideas.
(06-10-2024, 07:52 PM)RyanHighman Wrote:
(06-10-2024, 06:31 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: imo being wishy washy about having a staff position (resigning and wanting it back a week later) is a sign of personal instability regarding having the position, so I don't think the person should get staff back on such a short notice. You either want to be staff or you don't

In my personal defense. I was out of town and house sitting for 2 weeks when all the drama hit. I was feeling kinda helpless to help and just watching it all unfold trying to stay up to date on my phone. I thought resigning would be better for me, but only after a few days of being resigned and being back home did I realize that it wasnt what I wanted.

I've staffed a few times and have known people to feel "trapped" and get easily burned out because of not wanting to resign and lose the connection they have with their peers (or sometimes not wanting to lose their power).

There were volatile that were changing frequently. I hope all this made sense and doesnt read like senseless rambling

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
(06-10-2024, 05:45 PM)BillyBob Wrote: im glad u have felt this way for a very long time as clearly seen here

lold
You realize people's opinions on a subject can fluctuate and change over the course of 4 months correct? People change. Kinda funny that you can't understand that but it makes sense considering you've always been an annoying dick since you got mod and haven't been anything more than a shit stain in the community as of late.

Anyways I think most of the discussion about the subject has been really good, up to admins to decide a status quo going forward if they want to. And if you resign because of an impending demotion or strike then you should be barred from staffing for over half a year or even for even longer than that.
(06-10-2024, 05:45 PM)BillyBob Wrote: im glad u have felt this way for a very long time as clearly seen here

lold
I used to like you then I see you do shit like this. People are allowed to change their opinions/views. I was hoping this thread wouldn't have any drama/bs guess I was wrong on that account.

(Then again you probably are shitposting knowing you)
Anyone who resigns should not get their rank back unless it is a very extenuating circumstance and the admins feel like something would go massively wrong without that person as staff (so this shouldn't happen often).

If you say "I don't want to do this anymore," you shouldn't be able to turn around in 1-5 months and say "tee hee. Just kidding. Can I get rank back pls? :)" If something comes up in your personal life or you get busy, just take a break. Those are what breaks are for. To take a break from the crap going on. There doesn't need to be an announcement, forum post, or a grand spectacle, just stop playing for however long you need. Now, if the break is longer than a certain amount of time, let's say 5 months, then yes, you should lose your rank.

There is a massive difference in saying "I resign" and "I need a break." One deserves a loss of rank (that the person is explicitly asking for) and the other deserves the rank to be kept until the player returns, unless the player does not return for an extended period of time determined by the admins.
EpicGuy with common sense as usual

I think some circumstances exist where an unresign would be appropriate - take Nicol unresign direct to admin, he was stuck with admin powers due to a dead dink and was still actively helping admins at the time.

I don't think regulating this is a good idea. It should be taken case by case at the discretion of the admin team.

I'm also not a fan of going dead for years and keeping your rank, but that's an aside.

TLDR, I agree with EpicGuy, should be admin discretion on a case by case basis, Knee Coal is a Bowl Ass.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks