Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brahma Hate thread
-1 I don't think anyone should be able to resign then come back at the rank they left at no matter how much time has gone by or who you are.
[Image: D6E0C93A-D285-4C99-B7AB-C616869240B2.jpg...2d0fbf6a9&][Image: 86DBE62D-5EE5-47F0-9E4C-DE5FA0541D5B.jpg...d2ef8e0e3&]
Ex- TTT Mod
Dong's Favorite Tmod
(06-10-2024, 08:39 PM)PandaInPants Wrote: So, just to clarify my position on calling the guy a neanderthal with lots of other descriptors is that yes I was rude and an ass. I cannot apologize for the action as that would be dishonest but I take responsibility for being an asshole.
tl;dr 
"sorry not sorry"
Idk you but this makes you sound like a prideful L of a human being. Full transparency — calling someone a Neanderthal isn't that big of a deal but at the end of the day if someone was hurt, uncomfortable or offended by what you said it's your responsibility to at least make an effort to right that wrong. You doing everything in your power to obfuscate your stance on the issue comes across as wildly wrong immature when a simple "my bad bro I was heated" could have been said. As a staff member in general you gotta at least try to meet the person halfway, but you don't care enough to when you think that person isn't relevant.

-1 bro L takes
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
(06-11-2024, 10:28 AM)NECRO Wrote:
(06-08-2024, 08:50 AM)The Dutch Problem Wrote: -1 

(Context: During the whole Reina drama, something was allowed to happen I disagreed with, I pinged the relevant person asking "The fuck?!". During this time I had no interaction with Panda outside of getting this.)
First of all this is funny. Second of all if we're going to count this as something that would void you of any staff like position then there would be no staff at all. I can guarantee you if anybody does a small amount of digging plenty of staff have said very similar things, whether in a joking light or not this is absolutely not worth anyone's breath to argue over. This feels petty and childish to pull this out of nowhere when it really doesn't matter as much as people are making it seem. I know during that period there was a lot of misinformation and tension. I don't really blame a lot of people for their reactions, but I do think you should be a responsible individual and put things in the past behind you.

All in all I do not cast a vote, as I will leave that to the much more experienced and consistent staff.
Trying to stay neutral, most people’s issue isn’t the fact that he made that comment in the past, it’s the fact that Panda “doubled down” as they say. Yes, while Panda is more than welcome to respond to any feedback or criticism; people are also allowed to have their feelings on his response to said criticism. I agree that what he said in the past isn’t a HUGE deal, but I can understand most people’s critiques on the feedback that panda has given. 
I for sure am against you getting mod, so -1 on that, but I honestly don’t have enough of an opinion on you to give you a vote for trusted. Best of luck to you, and I hope I get to know you better one day
It does make me think, if you had applied for trusted instead, what this thread would of been like.
[Image: bH0KCfU.jpg]
I have changed my vote to a -1 for this application due to your wording in responses to others with critiques. You were quite respectful towards me despite having stated that you don't like me in the past which I appreciate; however, from observing the direction this thread has gone since I last looked at it, it has caused me to question my opinion that you would be adequate (at this point in time).

I know I don't play the game, so my opinion has little to no bearing on this, but I really agree with Noire. When you're in a position of power (in any context), you have to be willing to meet people halfway as a way to make the server a fully inclusive environment. I have lack of trust in your ability to handle criticism, which makes me think that you'll get this position and resign again in 2 months' time due to a similar circumstance as the prior resignation.

Just for clarification, if it's something that isn't worth being considered responded to professionally, sure, I don't mind an unprofessional response; however, what I had an issue with was the doubling down approach that several others had mentioned. Also, with how not everyone understands that Panda is mostly sarcastic, if you're not familiar with him, it's easy to misinterpret the text as being serious despite his usage of verbal irony.

Take the comments that folks have said that are NOT in your favor and work on those things and reapply in a month.

Best of luck to you.
since we're still on this topic for some reason i want to say that there are certain ideas that don't deserve to be taken seriously, because to take them seriously creates the impression that they are equal to other ideas. of course there is a lot of room for disagreement in any conversation but when your ideas are fundamentally harmful, you not only do not have the right to a professional and measured response, but treating such ideas as anything more than a fart in the wind is itself harmful. treating misogyny as worthy of consideration implies that it is actually worthy of consideration.
[Image: fBz8ezO.png]   
(06-11-2024, 01:44 PM)茶 Tea Wrote: since we're still on this topic for some reason i want to say that there are certain ideas that don't deserve to be taken seriously, because to take them seriously creates the impression that they are equal to other ideas. of course there is a lot of room for disagreement in any conversation but when your ideas are fundamentally harmful, you not only do not have the right to a professional and measured response, but treating such ideas as anything more than a fart in the wind is itself harmful. treating misogyny as worthy of consideration implies that it is actually worthy of consideration.
This is not on topic at all please remember this is supposed to be a staff app, please stay on track and don't derail the thread thank you
[Image: image.png]Don't take anything I say seriously
I think this thread is getting a tad bit redundant at this point.
8 people browsing this thread at 2 pm on a tuesday. Forums amirite
<3 :3
Bippity Boppity Boo,
I think 7 pages will do
Spread Kindness, Not Hate.
Creativity comes from a conflict of ideas.