Ingame Name: Damien1579 / Damien

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:221473561
Discord Tag: Damien1579

Time Played: over 2700 hours I think? it's a lot

When First Joined: 1/1/20

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): pretty much any time pst

Rank Desired: Trusted

Current Rank: Donor

What can you do to help the community: I can handle slays, give out gags/mutes/warns, make ban requests and try to keep a chill & fun environment on the server to the best of my ability. 

Why you want to help the community: I miss being staff, even if I resign a zillion times I don't think it matters as long as I can provide being a good staff member and being as impartial as I can be. The game is genuinely fun and doing staff stuff is also very fun.

Have you been previously banned, or do you have active warn points? (Link Relevant Posts): 1 day ban for slurring

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts): look at my post history lol

How did you find us?: bored during the ball drop of 2019 and I joined because of Fairly OddParents (Can't even think of the show now without thinking about this place..)

Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for? (Links under requirements in format thread): yus

Other:

I am gonna say some things now because I know this is gonna be kind of a shit storm. Yes, I have resigned a total of 3 times and I feel like a loser for each and every time. If you think that resigning a lot is a reason to deny someone staff rank I personally just disagree and that's okay, we're allowed to disagree. I think that as long as you can provide good staffing for the server then I personally wouldn't give a shit if you resigned and came back multiple times. 

I have been kind of abrasive as of late which I'll take full responsibility for, I have always been a no nonsense kind of person and I will tell someone when I think what they say is stupid and I will tell people I straight up do not like them when I don't like a person. If I am made staff I can calm down if it reflects poorly on the staff team but otherwise I will keep my demeanor and I believe I have the right to do so because of some reasons I'll explain. Probably the least important reason is that it is the internet and I can hold whatever opinion and behavior I want to. The most important reason is because I feel like a few staff members in all positions of staff have exhibited/currently exhibit this kind of behavior and I feel like it wouldn't be fair to make me change mine if they don't have to change theirs.

I didn't mention this on my resignation post but another reason I felt like resigning was because of how I had felt about the community ban that took place in February. Rand made a good post on the thread announcing that ban and I felt like it covered most of my thoughts. Learning that your best friend is a shitty person who did a lot of fucked up things to people is one of the worst things I've ever gone through as a person and it was mentally taxing. I've since recovered from that mindset and have moved on.
please don’t do this bestie <3
-1 likes gamerpark
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
The last time you left just really left a bad taste. Firing shots at the staff team back in April only to want to rejoin it 3 months later is too irrational of a turnaround for me not to think it'll end in a similar stance.

You're not a bad person, you're not someone who I "dislike," I just think that you need to stop this arduous cycle.

glad you acknowledge all the problems, thats a huge first step
-1, you hit it on the head. resigned multiple times while leaving a bad taste in multiple peoples mouths, generally abrasive then tried to pull a 180 when you decided to go for staff again (less than 2w i think), and i believe via the fiasco in april that your discord staffing (i.e lack of staffing certain friends) is a poor look for ttt staffing as well

the attitude of "i have a right to act this way" is right in essence, but not necessarily something good for staffing and a pretty shitty excuse, and saying you'll only tone it down for staffing is also meh. i say this all with my head bowed as well as i've done 99% of this too
stop this stupid  cycle.

-1 even ignoring the other comments which will obviously be addressed by other people here. Openly defending a racist that was proven to be continously harassive solely because of semantics makes me think you're a fucking idiot.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Project Moon Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
(07-05-2024, 11:02 PM)voidzz Wrote: and i believe via the fiasco in april that your discord staffing (i.e lack of staffing certain friends) is a poor look for ttt staffing as well
I believe this is misrepresentation of what actually went down in terms of what I did during that time (Not your fault, I could see how it seems that way). I was accused of sweeping shit under the rug when I was trying to get people to stop throwing accusations around in the discord so I stopped trying to get things to stop all together. I was also one of the lower rank staff members and because of the drama that started during that time I did not get to fully understand everything I could do as discord staff and was sort've thrown into the brunt of it with my fellow helpers during all of it. I would've put slow mode on if I could've and I would've warned accordingly but I was getting accused of trying to hide shit when I just wanted people to stop arguing.

(07-05-2024, 11:12 PM)Mana Wrote: -1 even ignoring the other comments which will obviously be addressed by other people here. Openly defending a racist that was proven to be continously harassive solely because of semantics makes me think you're a fucking idiot.
can you be less general and explain what you mean by this? to my knowledge I have not defended anyone that is racist.
(07-05-2024, 11:15 PM)Damien1579 Wrote:
(07-05-2024, 11:12 PM)Mana Wrote: -1 even ignoring the other comments which will obviously be addressed by other people here. Openly defending a racist that was proven to be continously harassive solely because of semantics makes me think you're a fucking idiot.
can you be less general and explain what you mean by this? to my knowledge I have not defended anyone that is racist.
Oh you know, everything related to hong. But you already know that and just want to act innocent. Almost everyone here that cares has seen that mess and I've got better things to do than type out internet arguments that'll go nowhere.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Project Moon Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
(07-05-2024, 11:15 PM)Damien1579 Wrote:
(07-05-2024, 11:02 PM)voidzz Wrote: and i believe via the fiasco in april that your discord staffing (i.e lack of staffing certain friends) is a poor look for ttt staffing as well
I believe this is misrepresentation of what actually went down in terms of what I did during that time (Not your fault, I could see how it seems that way). I was accused of sweeping shit under the rug when I was trying to get people to stop throwing accusations around in the discord so I stopped trying to get things to stop all together. I was also one of the lower rank staff members and because of the drama that started during that time I did not get to fully understand everything I could do as discord staff and was sort've thrown into the brunt of it with my fellow helpers during all of it. I would've put slow mode on if I could've and I would've warned accordingly but I was getting accused of trying to hide shit when I just wanted people to stop arguing.

I'll elaborate for him. I am 99.7% sure he is referring to the stance you took with HONG.
Also, I do believe that your manner of trying to defuse the situation back in 4/13/24 (which again was a nightmare for everyone, not just discord staff but the community as a group, so I don't want to hold this against you too much) was telling people to "Shut Up." 
And 1 more thing because I forgot to mention this on my prior comment: This entire thread comes across as entitled due to word usage.
Saying things like "even if I resign a zillion times I don't think it matters as long as I can provide being a good staff member" or "Probably the least important reason is that it is the internet and I can hold whatever opinion and behavior I want to. The most important reason is because I feel like a few staff members in all positions of staff have exhibited/currently exhibit this kind of behavior and I feel like it wouldn't be fair to make me change mine if they don't have to change theirs." just come across to me as snobby.

I could be horridly misinterpreting what you're trying to say and if I am, I apologize, but it really just comes across as you miss having power on the server rather than "I want to help the team."