Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
RyanHighman Admin Application :3
(07-05-2024, 11:21 PM)Mana Wrote:
(07-05-2024, 11:15 PM)Damien1579 Wrote:
(07-05-2024, 11:12 PM)Mana Wrote: -1 even ignoring the other comments which will obviously be addressed by other people here. Openly defending a racist that was proven to be continously harassive solely because of semantics makes me think you're a fucking idiot.
can you be less general and explain what you mean by this? to my knowledge I have not defended anyone that is racist.
Oh you know, everything related to hong. But you already know that and just want to act innocent. Almost everyone here that cares has seen that mess and I've got better things to do than type out internet arguments that'll go nowhere.
I don't wanna clutter the thread about this specific topic but I want to point out that I never defended him or his actions. All I ever said on the topic that it was silly to use information that was warned for/dealt with years prior and I don't even know if I said that publicly lol. I would never defend someone for racist actions or racist shit they say and that's absurd to suggest.
Not gonna touch/comment on the stuff that happened during that clusterfuck of april since I wasnt here for that but I will say I am proud of damien lately. He has usually seem very fair and mature. He is better then I was at his age. 1+ from me damien!

Also I am gonna ask nicely pls dont bicker back and forth on this thread.... damien doesnt deserve that.
(07-05-2024, 11:22 PM)chapman Wrote:

And 1 more thing because I forgot to mention this on my prior comment: This entire thread comes across as entitled due to word usage.
Saying things like "even if I resign a zillion times I don't think it matters as long as I can provide being a good staff member" or "Probably the least important reason is that it is the internet and I can hold whatever opinion and behavior I want to. The most important reason is because I feel like a few staff members in all positions of staff have exhibited/currently exhibit this kind of behavior and I feel like it wouldn't be fair to make me change mine if they don't have to change theirs." just come across to me as snobby.

I could be horridly misinterpreting what you're trying to say and if I am, I apologize, but it really just comes across as you miss having power on the server rather than "I want to help the team."
If that's how that those statements come across I apologize for not representing my opinions very well. They were meant as more general statements towards my opinion on those topics rather than an "I'm right you're wrong" thing. I did also put that anyone could disagree with me on my opinions and that would be okay. I just wanted people to see my perspective and judge myself, my actions, and my character as such as opposed to only judging me off of their own perspective.
(07-05-2024, 11:22 PM)chapman Wrote:

I'll elaborate for him. I am 99.7% sure he is referring to the stance you took with HONG.
Also, I do believe that your manner of trying to defuse the situation back in 4/13/24 (which again was a nightmare for everyone, not just discord staff but the community as a group, so I don't want to hold this against you too much) was telling people to "Shut Up." 
And 1 more thing because I forgot to mention this on my prior comment: This entire thread comes across as entitled due to word usage.
Saying things like "even if I resign a zillion times I don't think it matters as long as I can provide being a good staff member" or "Probably the least important reason is that it is the internet and I can hold whatever opinion and behavior I want to. The most important reason is because I feel like a few staff members in all positions of staff have exhibited/currently exhibit this kind of behavior and I feel like it wouldn't be fair to make me change mine if they don't have to change theirs." just come across to me as snobby.

I could be horridly misinterpreting what you're trying to say and if I am, I apologize, but it really just comes across as you miss having power on the server rather than "I want to help the team."
When damien is staff he actually tries to do good which is better than most ever do +1

I will start out with the positives that you should keep up. You’ve brought up some great discussion topics lately in regards to TDawg’s app and unresignation. Potential admin additions and staff shakeups are very important for community function and I like that you’re pitching ideas to discuss them. You’ve also physically functioned fine as a staff member when you’ve had staff in the past so I don’t think that would change it promoted.

My concerns do lie within the almost cyclical nature I see when you staff then resign again. My general impression is that a major factor in that is when things do blow up you seem to get overwhelmed by talking heads around you. People you’ve genuinely tried to be friends and get along with at each others throats. Which I get sucks- been there here and real life. It’s part of being a very long time community member here. I don’t have faith you’ll be able to handle that stress when a similar situation inevitably happens again. Regardless of where you feel your true friends in this community lie now, I don’t see you at this point not relatively quickly burning out again. It’s become too much of a pattern to ignore. I’m glad you acknowledge that, too, but it’s still something very important which puts me against a staff position at this time. Good luck if you are promoted and I see why you want to help, but consider the potential impact/cost to yourself may be as well.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
Dammit why did u post it early.... I wanted to be your first -1 :(

(And I can't be unhinged here because I still have 50% warn on the forums for "harassment")
[Image: image.png]Don't take anything I say seriously
-1 you're a good guy Damien your human and we all have moments of weakness so i won't fault you for resigning in the moment, but you've only been back consistently for 2 weeks under your current name (i can't find another name with play time under it) take some more time to figure out if you actually want to get deeply involved again
[Image: e2d.jpg]
(07-06-2024, 12:17 AM)Verloren Wrote: -1 you're a good guy Damien your human and we all have moments of weakness so i won't fault you for resigning in the moment, but you've only been back consistently for 2 weeks under your current name (i can't find another name with play time under it) take some more time to figure out if you actually want to get deeply involved again
to be fair, the activity needed is within all levels of the community for trusted and I feel like even it's a tad inconsistent of activity within the community as a whole, I feel like I've been interacting with the forums and discord is as consistent as it would needed to be.

I don't think it's ever been expected of staff to be on the forums, discord, or server they wanted to apply for every day or more consistently than my activity so I felt like this would've been the right time. If it is deemed not enough time I would hope that instead of an outright denial my app would be paused/closed until the admins have felt the time I've put in is enough for their standards for applying for trusted.
just put the fries in the bag lil bro
Straight -1, get a job tubby. 

Instead of buying 7/11 pizza everyday go work there, bitch.

Show me a band. 

You better stfu before i flick those man titties.

When i was 16, I won a great victory. 

Double cheese burger lookin ahh.

I made you my bitch, go back to your wheelchair Hot wheels