Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I double up on the mod?
https://imgur.com/a/HGLBdER

I went ahead and linked the main messages being discussed for anyone who cant search spider in the main discord search bar. 

Overall, Slasher does a good job and is responsive to messages. At least whenever I message for a forums or disc issue I have always gotten a quick response.  I don't know how many people have read the expectations for Discord Mod, but they are pretty much exactly the same as helper just with more time. 

"Discord Moderator:
The role of discord moderator is an official staff position within the Dinkleberg’s GMod discord staff team in a long-term capacity. Our expectations for these applicants are as follows:
  • Must have a correctly formatted application filed on the forums
  • Must be 18 years of age or older
  • Must be an active participant in the discord server

• Preferably active for the past 6 months
    • Preferably a member of the discord for the past 12 months
  • Must have no severe discord infractions within the past 12 months
  • Must have no server bans, staff/donor strikes, or demotions within the past 12 months
  • Must have no ongoing behavioral issues in any area of the community

• Includes TTT AWarns, PH/Murder watchlist listings, forum warnings, etc.
    • Preferably no documented behavioral issues within the past 6 months
  • Must have served actively as Discord Helper for the past 2 months" 
For the stuff being discussed, the activity standard for discord isn't the same as TTT as we don't really have a "tracker" but if you are responsive and are reading messages it all counts the same to me. 

Favoritism. If you want to prove this there has to be evidence or at least pointing to situations that don't match that have been handled by Slasher. Wende Was mentioned and I think its likely the discord staff regret how many of those discussions/messages were handled as seen by the following bans. 

The spider thing. People can find fears silly or ridiculous, but they often are real. In the cases I have seen someone has always pinged slasher and asked "can I post a spider." In these cases I agree that Slasher is probably right to ask them to not to and even warn if they do it. At that point the person is almost taunting. 

At the same time we all know that not everything that makes someone uncomfortable  should be banned or disallowed. We are a public server and the main discord is moderated but vey much mixed use. I think arachnophobia is common enough to have game mode to remove it that we can allow some room for people to no be pinged and then sent spider posts. This type of stuff probably needs to be on a case by case as having a fear of dogs or cats even a very real diagnosed fear probably is not something the main discord should make a safe space for. The number of people affected is too small and the number of people (me included) who have dogs in the profile or often post cat memes would be limited too much. 

If Slasher was enforcing a blanked "no spiders" rule without it being posted somewhere I would agree more with those who brought the concerns, but all the cases mentioned involve someone pinging him. (If someone wants to present something different feel free). 

+1 (although u did slightly take credit for that one thing, but its ok u responded fast and actually did the staff thing so u deserver the credit).
It is not okay to literally tell people their opinions are wrong because they disagree.
Slash I appreciate your response to the spider issue, as it really seems blown out of proportion. I was under the impression that there was a random ass rule for posting spiders being arbitrarily enforced, but it appears your response was appropriate for the situation.

I think it's important to remember the April incident was beyond the management of any single discord staff member, and it wasn't Slash's job to ban anyone. It was really upper staff who failed that day to control the discord, and most of all the now-banned individuals fault for causing the issues to begin with.

I think Slash has done enough to make mod. +1
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
I don't know the whole context of the spider situation, if they were excessively pinging you and trying to taunt you with spiders, I find it reasonable to at least tell them to stop pushing your boundaries. I don't really see you much texting in discord, but I did look it up and you seem to be "decently" active. The only part that really concerns me since it was mentioned about being biased towards friends. I haven't seen really anything, not to say that it couldn't have happened, but nothing that really stuck out of my mind. I think you'd be a fine mod, just that concern but +1.
(06-30-2024, 11:47 AM)Dildo Shwaggins Wrote: I guess the main point of contention here is how you enacted the punishment via GiselleBot at the time. I do not remember if you tried to achieve a result by verbal de-escalation at first, but for a somewhat gray area situation in relation to how rules are written such as this I think it’s also behooving to take that initial approach too when nothing that is an immediately heinous rule violation is happening.
No punishment was enacted via gisellebot as far as I can find. A couple of images were deleted by a different staff member (at least one of which was posted by someone in this thread), but no warns were given and no one was muted.
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
(06-30-2024, 07:58 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
(06-30-2024, 11:47 AM)Dildo Shwaggins Wrote: I guess the main point of contention here is how you enacted the punishment via GiselleBot at the time. I do not remember if you tried to achieve a result by verbal de-escalation at first, but for a somewhat gray area situation in relation to how rules are written such as this I think it’s also behooving to take that initial approach too when nothing that is an immediately heinous rule violation is happening.
No punishment was enacted via gisellebot as far as I can find. A couple of images were deleted by a different staff member (at least one of which was posted by someone in this thread), but no warns were given and no one was muted.

Thanks for clarifying, that seems pretty reasonable
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
I think a lot of shit simply stemmed from a misunderstanding. Slash has since clarified this. From what I understand these are the situations and how Slash is saying they would handle them. (feel free to correct me if I’m wrong)

Context: Slash and others are chatting in discord
*someone posts a spider pic*
Slash: *deletes spider pic* “hey can you not do that while I’m here. I have a massive fear of spiders”
If they stop, cool. If not, warn/mute

Context: Slash is not currently showing to be active in a channel
*someone posts a spider pic*
Nothing happens.

Context: Someone who knows about slash’s fear pings him with a pic of a spider
Warn/mute.

But if there is a legit conversation that happens to involve spiders before Slash arrives, I don’t think it’s right to ask them to stop. This is a public place, after all.

p.s. While writing this my fiancé decided it would be the perfect time to start singing “The Itsy Bitsy Spider”
Spread Kindness, Not Hate.
Creativity comes from a conflict of ideas.
+1 i do not care about the one off spider incident please get rid of brahma
[Image: image.png]
Here are my thoughts :
If someone who is actively taking part in a conversation asks you to not post something that might cause them discomfort or disturbed them, then refrain from doing it, or if you do post something that you know will cause them to feel discomfort or disturbed them, then just put a spoiler tag and warn them by saying Hey i know you don't like this so don't look or click this, now if that person isn't actively paying attention to chat or isn't even involved in it then post it with no issues, since this is a public server and you can't be accommodating for people, who you don't know are watching or paying attention to chat/conversation.

Now for the spider situation as a whole nobody was warned or muted, only action that was taken at the time was from me, i deleted some more disturbing/scary spider gifs that seemed were posted just to fuck with slash atm but that's it. So to people who are complaining how it is a behavioural issue I don't see the problem, as slash did nothing, had slash done something I'd agree but in this case it's just unnecessary to hold against him.

Can't speak on the bias part as i believe every staff member is bias towards their friends one way or another even if they deny it so i don't think it's fair to hold against someone.
[Image: crimson.gif]

[Image: drKEvv9.png]
Hey, don't forget about this application. I think Slash will most likely get accepted, but give feedback!

If you ban Brahma I will support you 100%

(I changed my vote because similarly to Foxka, I think I overreacted to a spider one-off issue)
(07-06-2024, 12:58 AM)chapman Wrote: give feedback!
erm i dont want to