Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
RyanHighman Admin Application :3
Guys please stop shitposting or you will have official forum strike to your forum account.
It's the hypocrisy that some people have about this for me.

Let's not get it twisted, seeing the resigning thing as an issue is warranted. I don't really think it is an issue, the only thing standing between what 80% of staff do by going inactive and what Damien does by resigning is one forums post and a few weeks. Does that indicate that he can't handle big drama? Doesn't matter, he's going for trusted specifically on TTT, aka he's just doing reports and warns, which he has shown to be fine at. Raise these concerns if he goes for discord staff or tmod again.

I don't think we want to get into staff and their tendency to defend people who are doing something shitty. Shit calling the dirt brown or something. I'm in no way saying that one shouldn't be held accountable for their actions, but when these "actions" amount to saying "Hey, this is years old why are we randomly bringing this up, why lol" it's just silly, and far better than the stances some other people take on various things. Plus it's a good sentiment to have as holding everything over everyone's head no matter how long it has been is how you just kill self improvement.

You can just say "Hey, I don't like you, so I don't want you to be staff." It's not hard. But watching people do something and not saying a word, perhaps even doing the thing yourself and not caring or be trying to improve it all, only to turn around and try to cast out Damien for the same, or similar, is just really fucking dumb. This goes for things said in places I can't see, as well.

+1 it's trusted on ttt literally no one actually cares once people get the role it's just drama until that point good lord let me nap in peace please
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
It may or may not be surprising, but im giving this a plus one (+1).

I adamantly disliked Damien for quite some time. A would not join if he was on level of Dislike. but its crazy what talking to a person can change. Is the cyclical nature of his staff record concerning? Sure, but its also funny as hell. The quarterly Damien resignation is Like Dinklebergs Burning Man.

I wholeheartedly agree we should allow staff to be human beings and stop shaming them for having opinions. Even when their opinions are dogshit. His stance on bhopping for instance.

I may not agree with many of his choices, and will publicly argue against him on many things , but I think he is generally moving in a good direction and I really want to get him to a 7th resignation. 

I will field all questions, concerns, etc. I Never get harassed in my dms and im feeling very left out.
<3 :3
+1

I'm not as active on the discord so really don't know much about the drama and besides the fact i'm too old for that crap. In terms of TTT, Damien demonstrates good judgement when it comes to maintaining the server when he was staff in the past. Also, please no more resigning then coming back. Go inactive as staff and just keep your title if you have to.
-1 from me, your recent resigning was due to staff not taking sexism/racism etc yet you were dead quiet when your friend Hong was exposed with his harassment, creepy behavior and racist jokes (not only quiet but kept +1 him), I'd like less biased/hypocrites in staff pleeeasse.
[Image: Rmvvz8x.gif]
Damien,

Your last resignation post provided some really clear points on why you wanted to leave. Here’s one quote from your resignation post.

This community rewards the people of this place who break rules and manipulate women with donor+ and staff while silencing the voices of victims and people who speak out and dismisses their claims. This community would allow people who only come back every blue moon to shit talk people and conspire against me to get me demoted to become staff.”

With this in mind, what is different with the community now only 3 months later and what are your thoughts on this comment? If you feel the community is STILL this way, why would you want to come back to it?
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
I don't really know what everyone is talking about with the hong thing and I don't want to go through posts and read it so i wont comment on it

this has gotta be the 4th time you've come back after resigning and the last time you resigned was like 2 months ago
you seem to be capable staff but this wishy washy deal about staffing or not staffing is pretty goofy and im not sure what your whole thought process is on it
(07-06-2024, 09:13 AM)Jawa Wrote: -1 from me, your recent resigning was due to staff not taking sexism/racism etc yet you were dead quiet when your friend Hong was exposed with his harassment, creepy behavior and racist jokes (not only quiet but kept +1 him), I'd like less biased/hypocrites in staff pleeeasse.
hong is my friend, I denounce his actions within the community and towards people. I don't remember anything happening with him being "creepy" as you put it but I obviously don't support his actions and have said as such in this thread. It's ridiculous that I have to even bring up this point again tbh. I have yet to see some people denounce the actions of some of their friends who were given harsher punishments for worse shit when they were openly defending them and prodding/prying for info at the cost of multiple victims getting outed publicly.

When I was TTT staff I felt I did my absolute best proving that I could be an unbiased staff member and got all the way up to mod. I just want trusted again so I can help out with slays, reports, warns, and keeping the server somewhat chill. If I want to move up that'll be another thread for another day.

(07-06-2024, 10:06 AM)bryanbrr Wrote: Damien,

Your last resignation post provided some really clear points on why you wanted to leave. Here’s one quote from your resignation post.

This community rewards the people of this place who break rules and manipulate women with donor+ and staff while silencing the voices of victims and people who speak out and dismisses their claims. This community would allow people who only come back every blue moon to shit talk people and conspire against me to get me demoted to become staff.”

With this in mind, what is different with the community now only 3 months later and what are your thoughts on this comment? If you feel the community is STILL this way, why would you want to come back to it?
I resigned before any bans went on and was assuming nothing was being done about a lot of the shit that happened/was brought to light in April. I also was still mentally dealing with the community ban that took place in February. Everyone has their own gripes with the community and has their own opinions they'd consider bad against the community, and that was one of mine. I just felt like nothing was being done since everyone at every level of the community was either bickering or radio silent at the time and felt like it was the right decision to make considering the circumstances and everything that happened around the time.

(07-06-2024, 12:53 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: I don't really know what everyone is talking about with the hong thing and I don't want to go through posts and read it so i wont comment on it

this has gotta be the 4th time you've come back after resigning and the last time you resigned was like 2 months ago
you seem to be capable staff but this wishy washy deal about staffing or not staffing is pretty goofy and im not sure what your whole thought process is on it
My opinion on this is that I'd rather fully resign than be inactive staff. Rand put it best on this thread when he said that the difference is a forum thread away. I'd rather be not staff when I when I think my time with staffing is done rather than be inactive for multiple months/years, come back and enforce rulings that were changed when I was gone and not read up on any of the new rulings. I'm not wishy washy when I want something, when I am staff I love staffing and when I feel like resigning I want to resign. It's not like I have a commitment issue or issues with big drama, I just don't want to be the person everyone complains about when inactive staff is brought up anywhere.
Applies for staff > staffs for a few months > resigns ↻

What is different about this time? I personally don't think it's a great idea for you to staff again for your mental wellbeing, plus last time you left on kind of a sour note. Just play periodically and have fun. 

(07-06-2024, 03:31 PM)Harmless_Potato Wrote: What is different about this time? I personally don't think it's a great idea for you to staff again for your mental wellbeing, plus last time you left on kind of a sour note. Just play periodically and have fun. 
because I'd rather be able to help out where I can considering I've been pouring a lot of time into the game again. Being staff isn't mentally taxing, it's more about the surrounding circumstances that happen around my tenures as staff that could be seen as bad for my mental.

I feel like applying for staff is a good decision for me and if I am accepted as trusted I will do my best at the things trusteds do.