Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
RyanHighman Admin Application :3
(07-06-2024, 03:35 PM)Damien1579 Wrote:
(07-06-2024, 03:31 PM)Harmless_Potato Wrote: What is different about this time? -snip-
because I'd rather be able to help out where I can considering I've been pouring a lot of time into the game again. Being staff isn't mentally taxing, it's more about the surrounding circumstances that happen around my tenures as staff that could be seen as bad for my mental.

-snip-
What I highlighted is what I am personally concerned about. You can't be expected to just staff the little stuff, there are times where people will try to get under your skin. Not trying to sound rude, it happens. Every time it happened, you resigned. It will happen again in my opinion. Again not trying to sound rude, just stating a personal opinion. 

There's zero benefits to staffing. It's honestly wayyy less stressful and more fun just to hop on and have fun. You don't have to worry about babysitting people on a old ass game, especially in a community where it's been hella toxic lately. This is why I called it quits.

Just have fun as a player :)
Alright. Here we go.

Damien, I think you are a great guy. I think you want to help from the bottom of your heart. I don’t think you’ve been back long enough, tho. You were off the server for nearly 2 months and then have been back for about 2 weeks, all the while you were immediately talking about applying again. I think you are a positive influence on the server atmosphere, but I think this is a bit too soon.

Additionally, to speak on people not denouncing friends, I would hazard a guess that the big reason that isn’t happening is because nobody knows why they got banned. Not even a ban reason. What are they supposed to denounce? You might know a little more because of being friends with some of the victims or people involved, but remember that the rest of us are in the dark.
Spread Kindness, Not Hate.
Creativity comes from a conflict of ideas.
(07-06-2024, 03:48 PM)RyanHighman Wrote: Alright. Here we go.

Damien, I think you are a great guy. I think you want to help from the bottom of your heart. I don’t think you’ve been back long enough, tho. You were off the server for nearly 2 months and then have been back for about 2 weeks, all the while you were immediately talking about applying again. I think you are a positive influence on the server atmosphere, but I think this is a bit too soon.

Additionally, to speak on people not denouncing friends, I would hazard a guess that the big reason that isn’t happening is because nobody knows why they got banned. Not even a ban reason. What are they supposed to denounce? You might know a little more because of being friends with some of the victims or people involved, but remember that the rest of us are in the dark.
I am also in the dark about the full reason behind those bans, but the behavior of some of those that were banned that was exposed publicly has still not been denounced and has (afaik) been excused or dismissed by some of the friends of those who are banned. I still don't know the full context of what happened to get Laced community banned but I still unadded him/blocked him on everything. It isn't that hard to just not have the full context of something and still denounce it I feel like. I'm sure that example is gonna be taken out of context or used as a point against me but it isn't the worst example imo.

I also said earlier in the thread that if I don't have enough activity, I'd rather this be closed until I reach that activity threshold since this has been done for others.
I'm at -1 , damien is chill and okay, has the ability to staff and did a good job at it but it's just a repeating cycle, as i said if he was sick of the April shit show should have just taken a break instead of resigning, just my opinion.
[Image: crimson.gif]

[Image: drKEvv9.png]
I'm neutral because I'm deader than the dead horse that everyone is beating right now.
Damien is well aware of his past and acknowledges his issues with resigning more often than Dink logging into the forums.
That being said, Damien, I will only ask you to consider, is this what you want? Is this healthy for you? Is this really how you want to spend your time?

Coming from someone happily resigned for over a year now I don't think I'll ever comprehend why someone wants to go back.

My only concern is not with how often you resign, but seeing you resign at the first sight of any kind of drama seemingly. I encourage you to take a day or 2 to consider strongly what you want to do before making such dramatic changes
But you are an adult now (if memory serves) so you can do what you will.
Soapbox time over.

To admins/staff: Damien is a good staff and will do fine if you bring him back. My concerns with his mentality is more for his own good than a concern for his staff team interaction.

Best of luck Damien.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(07-06-2024, 04:56 PM)Jammin Wrote: That being said, Damien, I will only ask you to consider, is this what you want? Is this healthy for you? Is this really how you want to spend your time?
Yes, I am certain that this is what I want to do. I want to help out the server as staff. I've always loved staffing.

I also think it's a tad of misrepresentation to say I leave when there's the slightest bit of drama. The first two times I left was because I felt really unwelcome within the community due to players but mostly staff at the time making me feel this way. I left the third time because of multiple factors I have stated in replies and on this thread, and I feel like all of the reasons I left were valid. A person can grow more in 3 months than you could believe and I feel like I have the mental fortitude to be able to deal with staffing the server once again, during the shitty times and especially the good times.
Damien my friend, I have no ill will against you and I think you're a good dude and fun to be around, but if this gets accepted then it will be the start of your 4th iteration as a staff member here. You have to admit that this was going to be taken into account and force everyone to consider you waaaay less seriously for a staff position. It's been a repeating cycle for three years now ever since you first were accepted as a staff member, and not a single one of those stints lasted longer than 5 months. Here's the receipts for those who care:

You've had a total of 3 iterations as a staff member for TTT and 1 for Discord.

Your 1st TTT stint lasted about 2 months (Accepted Sep 15th 2021, resigned Nov 13th 2021)

Ironically, you later made a thread in July 2022 titled "No more staff apps!" (lol)

Your 2nd TTT stint lasted about 5 months (Accepted Oct 28th 2022, resigned Mar 16th 2023)

Your 3rd TTT stint, with a little helping of Discord staff, lasted about another 5 months (Accepted Nov 10th 2023, resigned Apr 13th, 2024)

Worth noting that your discord stint there lasted a grand total of 9 days (Accepted Apr 4th 2024, resigned Apr 13th, 2024)

(links were included with each colored text)

I'm very obviously neutral because I'm allergic to Garry's Mod now, but come on man. I've never seen anyone in any community I've been in over the last 12 years flip flop this much about being staff somewhere. Please, this is not a dig at you, far from it. This is just a concern of mine and I feel we all really need to make sure you're absolutely 100% serious that this is what you want to do for a 4th time.

Quick edit to remove a redundant sentence.
[Image: ErQ4M8K.jpg] 
0 on the matter
i like ya damien, you're clear headed and fun to play with
but i feel like you can't handle criticism and sometimes let it cave ya in. 
Grab you a summer job and come back after the summer and let it change your mindset
ggs lil buddy
bye
(07-05-2024, 11:21 PM)Mana Wrote:
(07-05-2024, 11:15 PM)Damien1579 Wrote:
(07-05-2024, 11:12 PM)Mana Wrote: snip
snip
Oh you know, everything related to hong. But you already know that and just want to act innocent.
didnt you get permabanned from the discord before for continuous racism & slur baiting, time for some introspection

anyone can bring up old arguments against damien but really the only one that matters is that he just shouldnt be doing this to himself at this point and needs to get some therapy for his dinklebergs stockholm syndrome