Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
RyanHighman Admin Application :3
Quote:didnt you get permabanned from the discord before for continuous racism & slur baiting, time for some introspection

My perma was from the stacking up of warnings for trolling by slur baiting and one instance of quick-deleting while bantering with a friend. All of these instances had major gaps between them for months and never went any further than that and was done purely for the small excitement of rule breaking. All the filth you spewed was genuine and directed towards people in this community and never stopped once over the course of your time here. Don't even try to compare us you subhuman piece of shit.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Project Moon Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
can hong please not do whataboutism and can mana please tell the class what the fuck you're talking about cause as far as i can tell damien did not defend hong's actions
[Image: fBz8ezO.png]   
The fact that you love staffing gets you a +1 from me. Plus I don't see it as too much of a negative to keep applying and stuff, ya maniac.
I don't know how ominous it is that after I typed that, a thunder rumble happened.
[Image: bH0KCfU.jpg]
Let's keep this on topic and civil please. Calling into question Damien's takes on HONG's words/actions is one thing, but back and forth with/about HONG isn't relevant to the application.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
I'll pose a question, would the community rather have a staff member who goes inactive every few months and even a up to a year or even multiple years at times when they don't want to staff or would the community rather have someone who gives up their position when they don't want to staff? If this comes across as snarky I may be using the incorrect wording, I just want to see people's opinions on this.
I think there probably is a number of "valid points" brought up that most people care about related to previous resignations or recent activity ect ect but those aren't realllly that important to me/aren't relevant.

I think most people enjoy having you on the server and you are a pretty good influence on most players including those who are new.

I think most people want to see activity on server for a month, but you are right you have been active on forums and in disc even if when you started playing was only 2 weeks or so ago. TECHNICALLY, which is the best kind of being right, there is not a server playtime expectation.

"- Has consistent activity and engagement in the community for a month
- Mild level of engagement outside of the server. (Forums and Discord)"

You meet the minimum for activity. And I don't think there is any concern about your actual "trusted" ability. You are like 9th or 8th highest ranking player of all time or something.

I can't really speak to personal concerns about your well being because I don't know you that well and honestly major concerns those probably should be made in private not here. There is some grey in what we are looking for in staff, but Trusted probably has the most clear cut minimums. I think most people are more worried about the staff journey/cycle than you getting trusted on its own. They are more worried about you taking on more and more responsibility until you feel again that you have to and are unable to "fix" the server.

Two Questions:

Do you feel that the community is the same today as it was when you resigned?

Do you feel that issues you had with the staff team and its behavior have been resolved since you resigned?

Include why/what changed (if ur comfortable) to both of these ^

Tea said on this thread that we have people who tolerate "misogyny and harassment on the staff team" with multiple plus 1s yours included, and I must be blind blind because I don't see it.

If you think the staff team is the same as it was, is it your goal again to change things?

I told you to not stop the resign memes to prevent you from reapplying and I still hold to that, but personally I have always enjoyed the normal staffing stuff on server and that never really has changed and is a big reason why I never resigned. (IMO you should have just resigned from discord staff last time).

Your first post/actual app is pretty defensive off the bat and I don't think is the best look. I think your responses paint much a better picture, but I think there are a lot of people who see you coming back in for 2 weeks while advertising you are going to apply and then post the originally app the way you did as pretty extreme entitlement for the position. It does read that way.

Something to consider. Your abrasiveness as an individual hurts your ability staff and to communicate with people who you were abrasive too or saw what you said. I think we have seen time and time again that people can get their "act" together for a couple weeks to apply for staff, but in a few more weeks everything changes or possibly immediately if they are denied. Personally, I try to engage with people in a way that leaves the door open, and I think the abrasiveness has hurt your ability to staff effectively.

Staff are "people" with opinions, but we volunteered to be janitors. a very important part of the job/volunteer is taking the verbal jabs and just letting it go until it crosses not your personal boundary but the community boundary that has been set. It is ok if that is something you aren't willing to do, but it will make you less effective. If you don't feel like you can do or are okay with this ^. I do expect you to feel burnt out and resign again relatively quickly. Holding my vote for now. (Pls let me redeem myself on Zeri).

Since u just posted I have to addon more. I don't think most people have issues with the resignations, but how they happened/where they came from. If you decided to pick up an mmo and resign for a few months even over and over again I don't think anyone would hold that against you in a another app besides meme comments. If you take shots on your way out the people who stayed are going to feel a certain way about it. Because even if you direct your complaints at particular people or groups, you are communicating that the other people who stayed are tolerating the behavior while you are doing the moral thing and resigning. And in your case in the resignation you did fire some pretty big shots, and they were not directed at any group or person in particular, but the whole community.

"This community rewards the people of this place who break rules and manipulate women with donor+ and staff while silencing the voices of victims and people who speak out and dismisses their claims. This community would allow people who only come back every blue moon to shit talk people and conspire against me to get me demoted to become staff. This community rewards cliques who bicker and harass the community with staff ranks. This community won't even bother to have a civil discussion about anything that goes on and starts taking sides without nuances. I don't want to staff a community that does any of this anymore and play janitor to people who don't give a flying fuck about their own community."

My questions above were already pointed toward this and in the same direction as Bryan's and I would like to see more of your thought process related to this ^.
It is not okay to literally tell people their opinions are wrong because they disagree.
yeah you’re more a danger to yourself than the rest of the community here

it may be a cycle but who gaf it’s trusted it’s not like damien nuked the white house

it is literally not worth 4+ pages of headasslery
FUKIT
also known previously as "yeat"
I can't take an L, they just don't exist.
queue more yeat
(07-06-2024, 03:19 PM)Damien1579 Wrote:
(07-06-2024, 12:53 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: I don't really know what everyone is talking about with the hong thing and I don't want to go through posts and read it so i wont comment on it

this has gotta be the 4th time you've come back after resigning and the last time you resigned was like 2 months ago
you seem to be capable staff but this wishy washy deal about staffing or not staffing is pretty goofy and im not sure what your whole thought process is on it
My opinion on this is that I'd rather fully resign than be inactive staff. Rand put it best on this thread when he said that the difference is a forum thread away. I'd rather be not staff when I when I think my time with staffing is done rather than be inactive for multiple months/years, come back and enforce rulings that were changed when I was gone and not read up on any of the new rulings. I'm not wishy washy when I want something, when I am staff I love staffing and when I feel like resigning I want to resign. It's not like I have a commitment issue or issues with big drama, I just don't want to be the person everyone complains about when inactive staff is brought up anywhere.

It might be worth it for admins to look into a good way to handle staff breaks/hiatuses instead of fully resigning, that sounds like more of what you are going for but just didn't because there wasn't a process for it
(07-07-2024, 03:03 PM)Damien1579 Wrote: I'll pose a question, would the community rather have a staff member who goes inactive every few months and even a up to a year or even multiple years at times when they don't want to staff or would the community rather have someone who gives up their position when they don't want to staff? If this comes across as snarky I may be using the incorrect wording, I just want to see people's opinions on this.
I think my track record with prop hunt is pretty similar to yours for ttt. So i think i can relate to why you leave the way you do. I'm also one of the lucky people who have known you since your first arrival as Django and Hamilton (aside from server interactions you used to hang in cake's old discord with us if you remember that). You instantly wanted to be staff and help out and over the years I've witnessed your ups and downs first hand. I truly believe you would have benefitted more from simply walking away and taking a break until you were in a better headspace than resigning. You wouldn't have to start back at the bottom or sit through people's grievances (some valid some not)

Personally i don't think going inactive for a couple months or however long is bad. We've had some good staff members come back from long breaks ready to help and learn new rules & it would save people from repetitive +1s or -1s  every 5-6 months
[Image: e2d.jpg]
Yup enough of the forums for a month. I can't handle this brainrot.
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fpreview.redd.it%2Fboyki...ipo=images]