Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Storm's roast thread
Ingame Name: Storm

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:42310896 
Discord Tag: santastorm

Time Played: 122+ hours in the server / 1600+ in Gmod

When First Joined: Not sure, where do I check? I’ve only been consistently on for a little over a month I believe.

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): Anywhere from 3 pm to 8 pm on a work week, maybe later. On the weekends it depends on a lot of things. Also, depending on how busy I am work-wise, I might go from only playing a map or two to not even being here for weeks. It’s been chill lately tho. Central Time Zone Mexico City.

Rank Desired: Trusted.

Current Rank: Donor 

What can you do to help the community: Handle reports if needed. I also got some bangers saved up on my playlist to queue, but I hear not everyone is a fan. Also, if you know what kind of music brother roach likes, let me know.

Why you want to help the community: To be completely honest, it's just that it can sometimes be a pain in the ass to play when there is no staff on. I could ping for staff when there are problematic people, but at the same time I’m also not a fan of bothering people doing their own things. If I’m gonna be on anyway, I might as well give a hand if I can. Happy to help.

A few staff very kindly said I should apply, as well.

Have you been previously banned, or do you have active warn points? (Link Relevant Posts): I’d be surprised. A few staff have given me personal warnings for things I’ve said or things I've queued, but were kind enough to leave it at a “pls don’t do it again” and not go through an actual warn. Very nice, much appreciated.

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts): Nope.

How did you find us?: I'm pretty sure I’ve had this server saved in my favorites for a long time and it surprisingly stood the test of time. I just launched the game one day and saw it there. Very cool, guys. All the other ones I had are gone and I’ve been playing this game since I got a cracked copy when I was less than 10 years old (I bought it later like a true gamer, don’t worry).

Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for? (Links under requirements in format thread): Ye

Other: Funny enough, I was an admin before in an old server called Toy Room, around a decade ago (server died a while ago). Bit of experience dealing with this type of bs, kinda rusty tho. Also, English is my second language, bear with me if I happen to have to google something to know wtf you just said to me, especially when you throw this skibidi toilet or some other nonsense slang at me, ty xoxo.

Edit: I don't know why instead of separating every response into individual comments, it just put them all together. I just wanna clarify that the dog with the knife was specifically directed to brother roach. I will get a song out of that man one day. 
You have been pretty chill when I'm on and I don't think I have seen any issues, Just curious as to what those verbal warnings were for before I vote?
[Image: D6E0C93A-D285-4C99-B7AB-C616869240B2.jpg...2d0fbf6a9&][Image: 86DBE62D-5EE5-47F0-9E4C-DE5FA0541D5B.jpg...d2ef8e0e3&]
Ex- TTT Mod
Dong's Favorite Tmod
Yeah this guy bought me overwatch 8 years ago. +1
a thousand plus ones. Storm is the chosen one. +1
<3 :3
(07-07-2024, 10:41 PM)Storm Wrote: I was an admin before in an old server called Toy Room
+1
(07-07-2024, 11:21 PM)Wrom Wrote: You have been pretty chill when I'm on and I don't think I have seen any issues, Just curious as to what those verbal warnings were for before I vote?
From Brahma once for making a necrophilia joke after I saw him tea bag a body. Bit of a brain fart on my part, for sure. My only problem with it is that I forgot to ask whether that was a server rule or just him setting boundaries.

The other one was, I believe, from Nate because I queued a parody version of Bring me to life with a dude singing in a Toad's voice. It did not lower the volume like I thought it would. If you were there, sorry about your ears.

I got a vague feeling that there was a third warning in there, but I genuinely cannot remember what it was about.

(07-07-2024, 11:47 PM)Meddle Wrote: Yeah this guy bought me overwatch 8 years ago. +1
Too bad they removed it and made Overwatch 2 free, smh my head.

(07-08-2024, 12:22 AM)Vivie Some-Bones (They) Wrote: a thousand plus ones. Storm is the chosen one. +1
Ty Vivie you the realest
Always a pleasure with Storm around, even if he murders me after gaining my trust. More jazz please!!

+1
+1

Pretty chill guy. I don't see a reason not to give Trusted. GL
Let’s fucking go. Easy +1, I’ve never had any issues with you and I think you have a great head on your shoulders. You are clearly receptive to feedback and the verbal warns you have received so far can likely be chalked up to an incomplete understanding of the rules. That will come with time. For now, I think that trusted would be a good spot for you, but I have the following suggestions:
  • Ask questions: Even before (if) you get trusted, ask questions about any rules you don’t understand. You can do this in game or by reaching out to staff in discord
  • Make an introduction on the forums and pipe in if you have an opinion. Yes, you’re newer to the community, but that just means you have a unique perspective. If there is background info that you’re unaware of, someone will let you know.

Good luck!
Spread Kindness, Not Hate.
Creativity comes from a conflict of ideas.
+1 the dark horse trusted app has finally arrived

The trumpets are roaring, the 4th horseman has entered