Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
Flashing light drama was not on my 2024 bingo sheet
Spread Kindness, Not Hate.
Creativity comes from a conflict of ideas.
Reading that last page while Overseas by Ken Carson has been playing is something out a movie
(07-23-2024, 02:11 PM)Hate from zimbabwe Wrote:
(07-23-2024, 02:08 PM)chibill Wrote:
(07-23-2024, 01:51 PM)Hate from zimbabwe Wrote: Not sure why this devolved into trying to shift blame to me for this situation. I am not staff I did not have any information past the one player who was very clearly not suffering any kind of medical emergency and I am calling the staff present during this incident a joke. The situation itself was in my eyes incredibly mishandled and I voiced my opinion that instead of announcing to a full server to not do something instead simply force change the map, where I was therefore gagged and warned by staff for speaking out against their sub par response to being notified of a medical emergency. If you’re going to do something do it right. As for if there was someone with light sensitivity issues I apologize for my comment and hope that in the future issues like this are handled correctly.
 You were warned for encrouaging players to spam the lights (already a map exploit) after everyone was warn to not do so. You were gagged for harassing the affect individuals saying that they were faking it beinf an issue.  I can post my recording if needed. (I assume you forgot I record every time I am on, otherwise you wouldnt be lying like this.)

Additionally, you were harassing staff for even taking the claim that there was an issue seriously.
You’re a joke of a staff member stick to dev work, code monkey
This is like that SpongeBob episode where Plankton takes over SpongeBob’s brain and calls Squidward a mediocre clarinet player
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
This can probably be accepted and closed. We are already in the process of fixing the offending maps. It doesn’t matter which side I agree with, the only other reason to keep this open is to argue.
Spread Kindness, Not Hate.
Creativity comes from a conflict of ideas.
Just for anyone else who was skeptical, I initially was too but after some cursory google searching, I read about the relatively rare cases of people having epileptic seizures from video games and computer screens. 3-5% of epileptics are photosensitive, which means their seizures can be triggered by flashing lights, so it seems like a pretty small group to warrant changing anything. But there's a reason so many video games have those epilepsy warnings on launch. Not only do they give the warning but in some cases developers actively make updates to reduce extreme flashing lights to avoid epilepsy triggers: https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-11519  I don't know if someone could actually have a seizure from gmod light spam but it doesn't seem like a lot to ask.
Personally if staff that could map swap were on it should have been swapped after the staff present were approached, While you can try to stop players from light spamming the server is full of people who troll and don't like to listen so the best course would have been to swap the map. Fix the maps that need fixing call it a day move on this does not need to be a whole blow out
[Image: D6E0C93A-D285-4C99-B7AB-C616869240B2.jpg...2d0fbf6a9&][Image: 86DBE62D-5EE5-47F0-9E4C-DE5FA0541D5B.jpg...d2ef8e0e3&]
Ex- TTT Mod
Dong's Favorite Tmod
(07-23-2024, 02:32 PM)RyanHighman Wrote: We are already in the process of fixing the offending maps.

maps are being fixed
do not play maps until they are done being fixed
no further action needed

everyone grow up
bring back kakariko. no lights to spam on that map
If thats the zelda map, I think it was disabled due to a map issue of everyone spawning in a tiny room and not on the map, althought I didnt disable it, so I am not 100% sure.
[Image: oWCbLWL.png]