Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discord stuff with Brahma
(08-02-2024, 06:22 PM)Brahma Wrote: - Relay, is currently a nice bonus for booster since they get the chance to use and speak, also after asking @Jammin why the view history permission were not allowed for regulars i've come to realize that it's done in case someone wants to use it in bad faith nsfw spam and or to prevent any spread of personal information in case someone doxs another member.

since when do you have to boost the discord to use relay? donating $15 to dink directly doesn't cut it these days? I sure can't use it
(08-02-2024, 09:09 PM)skullification stage 2 Wrote:
(08-02-2024, 06:22 PM)Brahma Wrote: - Relay, is currently a nice bonus for booster since they get the chance to use and speak, also after asking @Jammin why the view history permission were not allowed for regulars i've come to realize that it's done in case someone wants to use it in bad faith nsfw spam and or to prevent any spread of personal information in case someone doxs another member.

since when do you have to boost the discord to use relay? donating $15 to dink directly doesn't cut it these days? I sure can't use it

In all fairness, I think getting access to commands like !kick, !mute, !gag, and !queue(ttt server only) are good perks for getting a donor.
I understand the frustration of having to spend more money to access to a feature that could be just as easily free but i look at it this way it's the same as how getting the Donor role on one gamemode doesn't = getting it on another gamemode.
I also believe that the relay was made semi-public/accessible as a way to give back to the booster of the discord server and making them feel appreciate and also  worthwhile their $.
[Image: crimson.gif]

[Image: drKEvv9.png]
(08-15-2024, 06:22 PM)Brahma Wrote: In all fairness, I think getting access to commands like !kick, !mute, !gag, and !queue(ttt server only) are good perks for getting a donor.
I understand the frustration of having to spend more money to access to a feature that could be just as easily free but i look at it this way it's the same as how getting the Donor role on one gamemode doesn't = getting it on another gamemode.
I also believe that the relay was made semi-public/accessible as a way to give back to the booster of the discord server and making them feel appreciate and also  worthwhile their $.

Right right... but when I joined back in early 2020 relay was open and readable to everyone, then some months later they all got locked out to staff only under the ruse of "preventing ghosting" and "safety". But now look, you can boost the discord and get access to it! How amazing! All those issues before are just fixed now I guess. Totally feel appreciated having to pay for a feature that previously was there for everyone.

As Donor I don't want staff commands. I'm not staff and I am not paying YOU money to moderate YOUR server... if I wanted to do that I would fill out a staff application. Also when I got donor I got it on all servers, maybe that wasn't intentional, if it wasn't skill issue L.
20 people shitposting 20-30 times a day while everyone else maybe hops in vc once a month or says something in a channel. Completely useless criteria to judge potential staff on. “Hey so I know you play TTT know the rules and have the correct attitude for staff but unfortunately you haven’t engaged on discord enough”
Here are my thoughts Brahma (some of these may have been said already)

- Eliminate all unnecessary channels, specifically the important ones. There should only be one announcement channel. The community used to be popular enough to need that much for the discord but that is no longer the case. Hobby channels such as cars and sports should still be used.

-Get rid of the booster vs anti booster stuff, that joke is dead has been for a long while.

-never do the “themes” for the discord ever again. 85% of the time when someone would do that stupid stuff, they would forget to change the name of a channel back. I think there was one that stayed a thanksgiving theme for nearly a year after the holiday ended. 

-Never use it as an actual critique for staff consideration. Once again, the discord used to not be a cesspool and was actually used for meaningful conversation, but those days are gone. It’s nothing more than people doing shitposts, trolling, or poking fun at someone that they don’t like. (Example: people sending in ai generated images that are targeted to Damien)

Oh and get that level up shit out of here too, it just showcases who’s chronically online and who isn’t and the pings are obnoxious
(08-16-2024, 07:57 AM)skullification stage 2 Wrote:
(08-15-2024, 06:22 PM)Brahma Wrote: In all fairness, I think getting access to commands like !kick, !mute, !gag, and !queue(ttt server only) are good perks for getting a donor.

Right right... but when I joined back in early 2020 relay was open and readable to everyone, then some months later they all got locked out to staff only under the ruse of "preventing ghosting" and "safety". But now look, you can boost the discord and get access to it! How amazing! All those issues before are just fixed now I guess. Totally feel appreciated having to pay for a feature that previously was there for everyone.

As Donor I don't want staff commands. I'm not staff and I am not paying YOU money to moderate YOUR server... if I wanted to do that I would fill out a staff application. Also when I got donor I got it on all servers, maybe that wasn't intentional, if it wasn't skill issue L.

Currently even if you boost you don't have access to viewing history it's the same as the normal member, you can just type in relay that's all, I'm not saying to staff I'm saying you get something in return on the server you've donated, also usually you get donor only on the server/gamemode you donated not on all 

(08-16-2024, 12:39 PM)rock banger Wrote: 20 people shitposting 20-30 times a day while everyone else maybe hops in vc once a month or says something in a channel. Completely useless criteria to judge potential staff on. “Hey so I know you play TTT know the rules and have the correct attitude for staff but unfortunately you haven’t engaged on discord enough”

I've been pretty vocal about this especially on new staff apps that have been posted we have mods that have barely 0 activity on discord or the forums I don't think it should be a requirement for applying as it's a completely different thing, it would be as if asking to have activity on ph even tho you're applying on ttt. Just don't think discord activity is a measurement for commitment or wanting to staff and help out.

(08-16-2024, 01:16 PM)chapman Wrote: Here are my thoughts Brahma (some of these may have been said already)

- Eliminate all unnecessary channels, specifically the important ones. There should only be one announcement channel. The community used to be popular enough to need that much for the discord but that is no longer the case. Hobby channels such as cars and sports should still be used.

-Get rid of the booster vs anti booster stuff, that joke is dead has been for a long while.

-never do the “themes” for the discord ever again. 85% of the time when someone would do that stupid stuff, they would forget to change the name of a channel back. I think there was one that stayed a thanksgiving theme for nearly a year after the holiday ended. 

-Never use it as an actual critique for staff consideration. Once again, the discord used to not be a cesspool and was actually used for meaningful conversation, but those days are gone. It’s nothing more than people doing shitposts, trolling, or poking fun at someone that they don’t like. (Example: people sending in ai generated images that are targeted to Damien)

Oh and get that level up shit out of here too, it just showcases who’s chronically online and who isn’t and the pings are obnoxious

Announcement stuff can be done not so hard imo.

Anti-booster vs booster can be done as well but we would have to leave booster channel since it's needed for when someone boosts for the message.

Themes okay yes it was fun the first time but for me it got kinda confusing trying to navigate since I didn't know which channel was which at first.

Last point I've talked about in the other reply no need to repeat myself.

Last one is personal I'd like to tell you i will never agree to removing the level up stuff i am currently 3rd place fighting for second and wanting to be first i have an issue and it won't be resolved until i get first place.(It's a joke but i still refuse to remove the level up , it stays )Smile

P.S these are my opinions my other staff mates might not share or agree with them so do not take my word as the be all end all.
[Image: crimson.gif]

[Image: drKEvv9.png]
Though Id Upload Some Discord Stats For the community for those who are interested. 

First Up, this is channel usage for the last 28 Days (I cannot get this info further back than 28 days)
[Image: et8htEh.png]

Next Up is visitors vs Communicators (Please see definitions of those in the pic). 
[Image: 8u39Kvn.png]

Next we have messages with messages per communicator (Communicator Definition shown above)
[Image: kly7pX1.png]

This is just messages sent without the "communicator" factor.
[Image: 7WkQyUk.png]

And Last but not least, Voice Activity
[Image: BaoXdMy.png]

Just some data overall to help with your suggestions and such
Kaptain Les
PH Co-Owner
TTT Mod
Discord Admin
DR Player (RIP)
Murder Hater
Adding a bot command/role for organizing in-discord game nights and other events. Mechanics could be ironed out but here is my idea:

-Using a command to start an event that creates a temporary react-role specific to that event
-30 minutes before the start of the event, the event organizer gets pinged by bot to confirm the status of the event.
-10 minutes before the event the react-role is pinged by bot announcing the event is near. The role gets pinged again at the start of the event and the react-role is deleted 1 hour after start.

I would love to be able to host game nights with a little more ease, and think this would be a neat idea that doesn’t require the admin team to create an event item and also allows for people to be pinged at event start without getting an automatic spam warn.
Spread Kindness, Not Hate.
Creativity comes from a conflict of ideas.