Trusted Application
Ingame Name: [test]SireSmitty

Steam ID: STEAM: STEAM_0:1:74560742

Time Played: 1w 2d 8h 52m

When First Joined: Appx 2017
Availability: Fulltime availability

Rank Desired: Trusted

Current Rank: Donor

What can you do to help the community?: i have been a part of the community here for ages. I have gotten experience with just about everything you can think of when it comes to staffing. My goal is to make sure that players who are new will have an environment free from trolls and hackers that they can play in. Becoming Trusted means that i will be able to much better staff alone if needed and will help me better deal with hackers and trolls who disturb the environment for other players.

Why do you want to help the community?: This community has been like a second home for me, i have put so much time into it and i would like to help see it flourish through the good and the bad days just as I have in the past. I would hate to see a wonderful server dissipate.

Have you previously been banned? (Link relevant posts): I don't think so

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts): I decided against it when I was younger but now that I've been a member for such a long time, I've had time to think it over while I established myself.

How did you find us?:I was browsing servers and seen Dinkleberg and I figured I loved the show so I checked it out and fell in love.

Here is my game tracker link: https://www.gametracker.com/player/%5Bte...134:27015/ (The lack of activity is only because I was on vacation for two weeks)
snip.

Hi SireSmitty. Thank you for submitting an application.

I do have a couple questions. Could you please explain this:

Previous application (It was denied). It was denied previously on the grounds that (1) you had a then current donor abuse strike for stepping over staff.(2) you made strange jokes in server and were told by several staff to not bring it here.

this leads to two separate questions. First and foremost, why did you not disclose this in your statement? it is readily findable and readable, and it does not seem that you cancelled your application then.

Secondly, that staff are held to a higher standard. What has changed such that you won't rush into bapping every last thing you see? every bit of data we have about you paints a certain picture, so I guess, can you elaborate on how you have changed since?

In other words, until I see/hear something really compelling, I am leaning to -1 of this application on grounds that a previous application was withheld under suspicious circumstances.

Also, as an additional inquiry, care to explain this?

hmmmm, this application sounds really familiar!

Gee, these applications sound really familiar! its almost like you copy/pasted someone else's accepted application and submitted it as your own makings!

No! that definitely surely was not what you did, right?! right?

-1, and I think this in and of itself is grounds to remedy this app as not-acceptable on grounds of plagiarism, which would literally cause a lack of trust.

Like, did you really expect to copy paste and have us not notice? I am genuinely curious.

In the mean time, the prop hunt team is convening to discuss what to do.
we will discuss and produce an outcome within the next days.
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
Garry's Mod Plagiarism is crazy, you are a fucking clown -1.
No way in hell bro, this has to be a shitpost.
[Image: 233db8df95863710bce8feeadccbd5cc.jpg]
I will be honest, I don't know much who you are as I am not that active.

The only thing that I know about you was your past history of bad jokes that I'd look up and your copying of one of our staff's acceptance app. Not to mention, you do have a history of donor abuse of overstepping staff.

Since you're not serious of taking the time of:
1. Making a ban request, it help staff,both inactive and actove, to know how you work and handle situations. (Speaking from experience as a donor before staff)
2. Actually copying every word of an acceptapp, which the person took that time to explain and give you to use as reference, instead of taking the time to write your own app. 

It's an -1 from the birb.
IM THE BIRD : )
[Image: fce0cd09fdc96ca73df8963eeac3f694.jpg]
I'm glad that my feeling of bullshit when reading this was justified -1
[Image: bH0KCfU.jpg]
(08-21-2024, 03:20 AM)BIIG_SAD Wrote: snip.

Hi SireSmitty. Thank you for submitting an application.

I do have a couple questions. Could you please explain this:

Previous application (It was denied). It was denied previously on the grounds that (1) you had a then current donor abuse strike for stepping over staff.(2) you made strange jokes in server and were told by several staff to not bring it here.

this leads to two separate questions. First and foremost, why did you not disclose this in your statement? it is readily findable and readable, and it does not seem that you cancelled your application then.

Secondly, that staff are held to a higher standard. What has changed such that you won't rush into bapping every last thing you see? every bit of data we have about you paints a certain picture, so I guess, can you elaborate on how you have changed since?

In other words, until I see/hear something really compelling, I am leaning to -1 of this application on grounds that a previous application was withheld under suspicious circumstances.

Also, as an additional inquiry, care to explain this?

hmmmm, this application sounds really familiar!

Gee, these applications sound really familiar! its almost like you copy/pasted someone else's accepted application and submitted it as your own makings!

No! that definitely surely was not what you did, right?! right?

-1, and I think this in and of itself is grounds to remedy this app as not-acceptable on grounds of plagiarism, which would literally cause a lack of trust.

Like, did you really expect to copy paste and have us not notice? I am genuinely curious.

In the mean time, the prop hunt team is convening to discuss what to do.
we will discuss and produce an outcome within the next days.

To answer your questions, I didn't remember that I had submitted a previous application as this was long ago. I've since come to age and do believe that I am ready to assume more responsibility within this server. I had not disclosed this as I did not recall that I had indeed applied to a higher position.

I've changed in the fact that I have come to be a more laid back and critical thinking team member, I was in my 20's and still just a dumb kid, now that I've grown out of being belligerent, I would like to attempt to try to be another member of this fine staff. I will admit that I did indeed copy, past and alter the application of Tronald and I deeply apologise for doing so, I get a bit nervous with applications, please find it in your heart to forgive me and give me a chance to help staff this server that I have come to find my all time favourite server in all of GMod. I implore you to talk amongst each other and whatever the result my be, just know that I will stay loyal to this server.

I thank all staff involved with the task of reviewing this application,
snip.

Hi Siresmitty.

to address your concerns, first and foremost, asking to be promoted to trusted involves gaining the trust of both the community AND staff team. I think omission of a previous application would very much so foster an untrusted attitude towards you. consider it from our perspective. Would you want someone on your team that may withhold something important from the team? I am fairly certain that part of the application requests you to list any previous applications. If they withhold something asked like that, what else will they hide from us?

Now, I may seem strict, but I think generally anybody would remember having previously submitted an application. Even still if you forgot, you could have checked your threads, which is like, a sensible thing to do when asked.

Moreover, I find that copying an app more than like, 80-90% is not only unoriginal, but it is quite tasteless and engenders mistrust and resentment in a way that may be irreparable.

Additionally, while I understand how scary applying is and can be, it involves you putting yourself out there and making a big leap of faith.

anyway, that is, in general, the general gist of the discussion amongst the PH staff team.
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
I think it'd be best if you reapply in a few months time, because this app is pretty much denied, you can't be doing that plagiarism nonsense and expect to get accepted. You have said that whatever the result, you'll be loyal, so it shouldn't be a problem.
[Image: bH0KCfU.jpg]
You did not deserve staff 2 years ago and you don't deserve staff now.  My guy just play the gane instead of doing whatever this is.

Also copying another app is cringe and it's wild if you actually think you'd be getting staff like that