Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
+1 this for seven years of good luck

erm, it has not been 2 months since your last app was accepted

this is a non-point as I am neutral, not active enough to vote regardless
(09-16-2024, 01:33 PM)Gape Hunter Wrote:
(09-16-2024, 01:14 PM)coco Wrote:
(09-16-2024, 12:54 PM)Gape Hunter Wrote: I agree that coco is a very active member of the community. As a player, that is. As a staff member is another matter entirely. From my experience, Coco has mad a habit of shirking staff duties, seemingly with the intent to delegate to other staff members who, also, have a habit of completely disregarding their duties. I have been on to witness countless reports being made for RDM, hate speech being used in text chat, and instances of harassment. All of which went completely ignored until I informed another staff member of the situation that Coco, among other staff members, were not handling. I understand wanting to get on and play without dealing with staff duties. In that case, either don't be staff or join on an alt.

Hard -1

Honestly this genuinely comes as a huge surprise to me, for multiple reasons. One being I can think of maybe three instances we’ve been on the server at the same time in the past month or so, unless you have an alt. Another being I have zero tolerance for harassment, I handle reports quickly and correctly (at least no one has ever told me I’ve done a report wrong), and I am constantly muting and gagging people for slurs and things of the like. I know you don’t have access to see this, but other staff members can see in the awarn logs that I have issued PLENTY of warnings. If you could provide me with specific instances of me ignoring my staff duties I would really appreciate it because it’s possible I was afk or something, as I really genuinely have no idea what you could possibly be talking about!

Attached is a screenshot of a DM i sent day of. Blurred out names and additional information that was not necessary to provide context

If I was the one who handled your report and the RDMer wasn’t slain, it wasn’t actually RDM. A lot of people report for RDM thinking they’ve been RDMed when in reality they walked over an unIDed body they didn’t see or something of the like. If you had reached out to me to ask about your reports at any point I would have explained why they weren’t slain, or directed you to the staff member who handled your report. I’m sorry that I didn’t handle whoever kicked you as fast as the other staff member handled it, maybe I was clarifying in staff chat whether or not you guys were friends and if it was a joke kick? I can’t comment on the hate speech because I genuinely do not remember seeing it. Again I may have been afk, there’s no way to tell.

(09-16-2024, 01:43 PM)Damien1579 Wrote: erm, it has not been 2 months since your last app was accepted

i addressed this in the other section!! editing to add: I kinda figured this would stay open until 2 months had passed anyways haha
[Image: kirby.gif]
I will say that for the donor abuse warn, I remember us discussing in admin chat and asking each other if we thought it was a friendly kick or not. And then something about your reaction to it tipped me off so I joined the VC you were in to ask if it was in good fun. You said no, so I did the warn. For the reports, the only time I have personally witnessed reports getting missed by coco is when map changes on a round 6 report that is in progress. But even then I've only ever seen it wait for 2-3 rounds at most. There have been times that I've joined servers to multiple undone reports that were a couple rounds old, but I can't specifically remember if coco was on during any of those, since I usually have to fight her for reports when they come in (as in, we race to claim them).

I vaguely remember the milk comment, but all I can remember about it is that I asked about it in admin chat and somebody told me there was some backstory to it that made it not warrant a warn or something. I really cant remember. Just that I saw it, asked about it, and for some reason decided not to warn for it.
Spread Kindness, Not Hate.
Creativity comes from a conflict of ideas.
+1

You are a large reason why the overall community trust with the staff team (for the most part) is at a very good place.
Active, positive demeanor, competent, and the regulars love having you around.
Having you around has been amazing for the server and the community.

It would be nothing but a benefit having you as part of the small moderator team.
(09-16-2024, 01:39 PM)coco Wrote:
(09-16-2024, 01:11 PM)Gape Hunter Wrote:
(09-16-2024, 01:02 PM)Jammin Wrote:
(09-16-2024, 12:54 PM)Gape Hunter Wrote: -snip-

That being said I'd like to see a response to this from coco, and more info from Goat. If you wouldn't mind providing a specific instance/date, perhaps that can help the admins understand better the situation?
I dont have any materials or clips myself, but if you look back at the date of Snow's temporary donor abuse ban and Milk's hate speech warn, i recall there also being a backlog of RDM reports. Despite being active in the server, able to see and hear the events transpiring, no effort was put in from Coco to handle these situations. None of which were handled until another staff member was informed. I wont call them out here, but they should know how appreciative i am of the active staffing. There are other instances, but this is the main one that really stuck in my mind.

(sorry if formatting is bad, I’m on mobile right now!)
I don’t remember this day but I’m trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. 
I pay very close attention to the text chat. When the other staff member joined, their joining was immediately followed by slays being handed out to offenders. Counting the slays is what informed me of the backlog.
As for you being alive during the hatespeech, you were not. I vividly remembed checking scoreboard to see what staff would have been able to see that message, you were dead at the time and would have been able to see it.
As for what happens behind the scenes, of course i don't have any way to know. My comments are to speak on the things i have seen. I have no idea if you were discussing it in admin chat, but i do know that, within the game, no action was taken by you. I spoke clearly in voice that my chat was being spammed followed by me being kicked (the donor abuse instance) and no action was taken until the other staff member ive mentioned got involved.

If you want another instance, then take last night. I joined for approximately 15-20 minutes. I was RDM'd by Bunniey first round. I reported. My report was not touched for probably 10 minutes. You were one of 3 staff online. 10 minutes with 3 available staff members is an unreasonable amount of time. 

To avoid this progressing into a debate, id like to end this here. I have provided my examples that i can recall at the moment and explained my position on the application.
[Image: Tag.PNG?ex=6690c31f&is=668f719f&hm=1dec2...9af78a266&]
+1
coco has been helpful towards new players as well as making sure conflicts end before they arise.
Next level hating you gotta respect it, I do love word of mouth evidence too! It always happens where people just expect anything they say at face value as just having evidence of issues would go a long way.....2024 we can all record something and have the software for it. (i do speak generally too, this happens alot if staff does something wrong then record it or shadowplay it and send it to someone so this shit doesnt happen lmfao)

As for the app its self coco has been a pillar of activity both in discord and on server, an active staff member (hopefully i get my rank back so i can be one as well.....) but shes always on and dealing with situations as well as fostering a good environment for the server. Regardless of the outcome of the app coco is one of the good things dinks have and a mod in the past too! shed be an excellent addition to the mod team
[Image: 46713d688f8087b1f2d3b92a79d7afea.png]

Future owner  :D
+1 (time to lock in on DTI)
[Image: image.png]Don't take anything I say seriously
(09-16-2024, 01:58 PM)Gape Hunter Wrote:

That being said I'd like to see a response to this from coco, and more info from Goat. If you wouldn't mind providing a specific instance/date, perhaps that can help the admins understand better the situation?
I dont have any materials or clips myself, but if you look back at the date of Snow's temporary donor abuse ban and Milk's hate speech warn, i recall there also being a backlog of RDM reports. Despite being active in the server, able to see and hear the events transpiring, no effort was put in from Coco to handle these situations. None of which were handled until another staff member was informed. I wont call them out here, but they should know how appreciative i am of the active staffing. There are other instances, but this is the main one that really stuck in my mind.

I pay very close attention to the text chat. When the other staff member joined, their joining was immediately followed by slays being handed out to offenders. Counting the slays is what informed me of the backlog.
not gonna say anything about any of the other stuff but idk how you're supposed to know how long those reports were extant just from that
[Image: fBz8ezO.png]   
(09-16-2024, 01:58 PM)Gape Hunter Wrote:

As for you being alive during the hatespeech, you were not. I vividly remembed checking scoreboard to see what staff would have been able to see that message, you were dead at the time and would have been able to see it.
As for what happens behind the scenes, of course i don't have any way to know. My comments are to speak on the things i have seen. I have no idea if you were discussing it in admin chat, but i do know that, within the game, no action was taken by you. I spoke clearly in voice that my chat was being spammed followed by me being kicked (the donor abuse instance) and no action was taken until the other staff member ive mentioned got involved.

If you want another instance, then take last night. I joined for approximately 15-20 minutes. I was RDM'd by Bunniey first round. I reported. My report was not touched for probably 10 minutes. You were one of 3 staff online. 10 minutes with 3 available staff members is an unreasonable amount of time. 

To avoid this progressing into a debate, id like to end this here. I have provided my examples that i can recall at the moment and explained my position on the application.
Bye

+1 coco was mod before she can be mod again you guys are overthinking shit as usual