Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Helpster? (Chuckster for Discord Helper)
What name do you usually go by on the server?
The Chuckster (Formerly Toaster Oven)

What is your Discord account username?
b_lock_ay

What is your Discord ID? (how to find your ID)

When did you join the discord? (found under "member since" on your server profile)
July 26, 2024 (with message history dating back to 2017)

Are you 18 years of age or older?
Yes, 22

What staff position are you applying for?
Discord Helper

Do you have any unexpired discord infractions? If so, please explain why.
N/A

Have you received any punishments in any of the GMod servers or forums within the past 12 months? If so, please explain why.
N/A

What made you decide to apply?
I originally considered applying when @Brahma mentioned needing help in August, but I saw I was sorely lacking in the qualifications to apply. 
I am applying now to help support the Discord staff in handling messages keeping things orderly since having some more staff in the US timezones would help greatly in the occasion that we need assistance keeping things civil and moderated. I feel like this is a good opportunity to help out at Dink's in a way that is entirely focused on the community apart from in-game infractions, which has the end goal of bolstering the social interactions we have with other community members.

I also feel like I am in a position to be able to monitor things throughout the day and keep tabs on the goings-on as I am in front of my computer all day at work and already read everything that comes through. I feel like I could make a useful addition to the team and help make sure things get handled in a timely manner while lending care to ensure no hasty decisions are made.

What do you plan to do to help the Discord community?
I want to help make sure the existing members and their social interactions stay civil and for new members to feel welcome and safe knowing that the Discord is being maintained. I feel I have demonstrated, as can be seen in some instances, a willingness to listen to disgruntled guests who feel they have been wronged and decide to hop on the Discord to sling shit around until they feel they have caused enough noise. I want to make sure that even those who join just to troll are of course handled appropriately, but also heard and directed toward the right channel to make their complaints known. Along with this, I want to make sure messages the various channels are kept within the confines of server rules and Discord TOS. I feel that I have a good handle on what is acceptable and not acceptable to be posted on our Discord too.

Anything else to add?
  • I am not up to par on the 3 months of activity requirement but if that's an issue, I'm more than happy to reapply or sit in application purgatory until a decision can be made.
  • I do need to gain experience in how Discord works. While I have some experience managing small servers, I still have more to learn. Namely channel management, role management, and probably some command usage. Of course though, I am more than willing to learn.
[Image: 233db8df95863710bce8feeadccbd5cc.jpg]
I’ve personally ran a view discords servers their not too hard to learn or manage; however, their is quite a view people on the server so it might be a little much but as a discord helper you shouldn’t take on too much at one time. You’re also a great t-mod you provide fair judgment and don’t do things off emotion rather logical reasoning. 

So for me imma give you a +1 

Plus you’re kind, having a good heart is both a blessing and a curse just keep that I mind going forward people may try to take advantage of you the way they did me. Make sure it doesn’t happen. 

Sincerely,

Kindred

[Image: 82045af3f565e4794314ee720a02d070.jpg][Image: 7b939e306ca780f53d7f891657969833.jpg]
♡.....................................♡
♡       Simply  Kindred       ♡
♡ Spread Love Not Hate  ♡
♡.....................................♡
What?... This guy?...

Absolutely. Easy +1, bro is fun to be around and treats people fairly.
[Image: jazz-music-starts-duckless-candy.gif]
big phat +1 for the chuckster!!! he does a great job as staff on ttt and im sure that will translate over to discord
[Image: kirby.gif]
I remember hearing Chuck first explaining to Brahma his wanting to help. WE LOVE CHUCK!!!!! So I don't see why his Tmod skill wouldn't transfer to discord. The biggest +1 a person can give from me!
We need more American help to balance out the Australian influence. +1

Also Chuckster has been active in TTT, and while discord is fairly calm these days getting extra help would be good. Hed do fine as helper.

The 3 month was mainly to ensure there was sufficient familiarity with the discord environment as dinks runs it. You should be fine without that.
[Image: cYQlQ4a.gif]
Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
Thank you guys for your kind words, I really appreciate it.
[Image: 233db8df95863710bce8feeadccbd5cc.jpg]
+1 someone needs to end brahmas tyrannical reign.
[Image: image.png]
-1 explained what the post was in the title instead of just naming it The Helpster? and letting people click to find out, you're what's wrong with societ

+1 for the getting the role thing tho brahma being the only discord staff is kinda rough
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
(09-28-2024, 08:56 AM)gods least loved angle (69°) Wrote: -1 explained what the post was in the title instead of just naming it The Helpster? and letting people click to find out, you're what's wrong with societ

+1 for the getting the role thing tho brahma being the only discord staff is kinda rough
i'm discord staff
[Image: gBkzZod.png]