Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
REPORT WITHDRAWN, PLEASE DENY
A verbal is typically used to stop a situation from continuing, using staff discretion on the fact that you had made multiple comments quite quickly I can see why staff would warn.
While I didn’t see hoy’s message in time to give my blessing of a +1 for a warn, I’ll give it now.

Just because you are playing a game that involves killing people in low-quality detail and blood, doesn’t mean you are immediately allowed to graphically describe how you want or are going to kill someone in real life (supposedly). You deserved your warn.

(holy shit there are so many people reading this thread, lol)
Spread Kindness, Not Hate.
Creativity comes from a conflict of ideas.
(06-11-2024, 10:20 PM)Saylor Twift Wrote: I don't think I've ever commented on one of your appeals before? Don't really know where that's coming from. I'm at a -1 for abuse, I didn't originally see what was said since it was in dead chat and I wasn't dead but I saw the screenshots and imo the warn is justified
I remember names, although it's fair enough if you don't, not gonna pretend I can specifically pin you to something.
So at the end of the day I suppose it's a matter of opinion. I disagree with your judgement, as I disagreed with hoy's, but I hope we can come to a respectful and reasonable solution to this, like I said I apologize if maybe some of the things in my post were a little accusatory but like I said I'm a little frustrated with the current outcome, I just hope we can resolve this without anyone resorting to mean awful namecalling or harassment like saying someone is unhinged or untrustworthy or something.

(06-11-2024, 10:24 PM)RyanHighman Wrote: While I didn’t see hoy’s message in time to give my blessing of a +1 for a warn, I’ll give it now.

Just because you are playing a game that involves killing people in low-quality detail and blood, doesn’t mean you are immediately allowed to graphically describe how you want or are going to kill someone in real life (supposedly). You deserved your warn.

Wasn't particularly graphic, nor was it a drawn out description. Respectfully, I don't see the merit in your statement and disagree with your position. Thank you for your time.

(06-11-2024, 10:21 PM)PandaInPants Wrote: A verbal is typically used to stop a situation from continuing, using staff discretion on the fact that you had made multiple comments quite quickly I can see why staff would warn.
It was over a period of around 10 minutes I think. Could be wrong, but it didn't seem very quick to me, and certainly not quick enough that the accusing staff couldn't have spoken up sooner.
[Image: 3b7f6tH.jpeg]
(06-11-2024, 10:17 PM)poop MANIAC(fecal frenzy!!!!!!!! Wrote:
(06-11-2024, 10:13 PM)hoy89 Wrote: Hello

To start... I don't really know who you are? All I saw were your comments about wanting to kill women, and decided to give you a warn for what I felt were comments that were over the line. You might be right. Maybe I shouldn't have given you a 6 point warn- maybe it should have been a higher point warn (if an admin could revise the point value of the warn that would be great).

[Image: ozeZ7im.png]
[Image: rvGGa9t.png]
[Image: AxEso7f.png]
Alright man if you want to play coy that's your prerogative, but that doesn't negate the fact I was talking about killing people who just so happened to have been in one specific scenario female in a game about killing people with giant guns and high explosives and at the end of the day I think you overreacted and that you abused your institutional power to strike out at me for saying something you personally find distasteful, rather than reaching out as a staff member and saying "Hey, not appreciating that kind of talk, you need to stop," as is both reasonable from a common sense standpoint and expected by the guidelines you are held to.
To me it seems like you are reaching for every excuse to justify wanting to kill women, and feel safe doing so under the pretense of "it's just a fictional scenario". I don't think I'd feel safe around you.
(06-11-2024, 10:25 PM)poop MANIAC(fecal frenzy!!!!!!!! Wrote:
(06-11-2024, 10:20 PM)Saylor Twift Wrote: I don't think I've ever commented on one of your appeals before? Don't really know where that's coming from. I'm at a -1 for abuse, I didn't originally see what was said since it was in dead chat and I wasn't dead but I saw the screenshots and imo the warn is justified
I remember names, although it's fair enough if you don't, not gonna pretend I can specifically pin you to something.
So at the end of the day I suppose it's a matter of opinion. I disagree with your judgement, as I disagreed with hoy's, but I hope we can come to a respectful and reasonable solution to this, like I said I apologize if maybe some of the things in my post were a little accusatory but like I said I'm a little frustrated with the current outcome, I just hope we can resolve this without anyone resorting to mean awful namecalling or harassment like saying someone is unhinged or untrustworthy or something.

(06-11-2024, 10:24 PM)RyanHighman Wrote: While I didn’t see hoy’s message in time to give my blessing of a +1 for a warn, I’ll give it now.

Wasn't particularly graphic, nor was it a drawn out description. Respectfully, I don't see the merit in your statement and disagree with your position. Thank you for your time.

(06-11-2024, 10:21 PM)PandaInPants Wrote: A verbal is typically used to stop a situation from continuing, using staff discretion on the fact that you had made multiple comments quite quickly I can see why staff would warn.
It was over a period of around 10 minutes I think. Could be wrong, but it didn't seem very quick to me, and certainly not quick enough that the accusing staff couldn't have spoken up sooner.
Hey! This is super fucking weird! You're only digging yourself into a deeper grave and there have been multiple posts about this very thing. Best you can do is take the L and move on. However if you continue I wouldn't be surprised if further action was taken by staff.
I don’t want to snip on mobile. I’m responding to your response to panda. The fact that 4/5 of the messages you got warned for were captured in a single screenshot, I highly doubt they were over the course of 10 minutes. Even then, like you pointed out, it is staff discretion to go down to a verbal warn. Warning points serve as verbal reminders of the rules while also not automatically equating to a ban unless there are previous warns for rule infractions.

To your response to me: It is graphic, and consitent. If it was just the first message, I probably wouldn’t warn.  But since your 5 messages together paint a story, I would absolutely warn for this. These are disgusting things to say. No amount of well verbiage posts could talk you out of it.

To be quite honest, if it were up to me and I didn’t have to adhere to our rules and protocol, I’d give you a longer ban and harsher warn.
Spread Kindness, Not Hate.
Creativity comes from a conflict of ideas.
(06-11-2024, 10:29 PM)hoy89 Wrote:
(06-11-2024, 10:17 PM)poop MANIAC(fecal frenzy!!!!!!!! Wrote:
(06-11-2024, 10:13 PM)hoy89 Wrote: Hello

To start... I don't really know who you are? All I saw were your comments about wanting to kill women, and decided to give you a warn for what I felt were comments that were over the line. You might be right. Maybe I shouldn't have given you a 6 point warn- maybe it should have been a higher point warn (if an admin could revise the point value of the warn that would be great).

[Image: ozeZ7im.png]
[Image: rvGGa9t.png]
[Image: AxEso7f.png]
Alright man if you want to play coy that's your prerogative, but that doesn't negate the fact I was talking about killing people who just so happened to have been in one specific scenario female in a game about killing people with giant guns and high explosives and at the end of the day I think you overreacted and that you abused your institutional power to strike out at me for saying something you personally find distasteful, rather than reaching out as a staff member and saying "Hey, not appreciating that kind of talk, you need to stop," as is both reasonable from a common sense standpoint and expected by the guidelines you are held to.
To me it seems like you are reaching for every excuse to justify wanting to kill women, and feel safe doing so under the pretense of "it's just a fictional scenario". I don't think I'd feel safe around you.
It's your right to feel that way, you can interpret things however you like, however to me the scenario was amusing because it was absurd and the idea of visiting that kind of behavior is cruel. If I were to see someone being strangled with a phone cord on my way to work, that would be horrific and demand intervention. The idea that someone rambles about it in a video game is absurd, and funny to me.
To me it seems like you have a difficult time separating reality from fiction and reaching for every excuse to lash out at things that make you uncomfortable. You don't have to find it amusing, I wouldn't expect everyone to, everybody is different, that's fine. But please don't accuse me of wanting to murder people.
Why do you feel so comfortable saying anything of the sort about women even if it's a hypothetical/fictional scenario? This is incredibly weird and uncomfortable behavior and I absolutely believe Hoy was justified in warning you for it without a verbal.
(06-11-2024, 10:33 PM)RyanHighman Wrote: I don’t want to snip on mobile. I’m responding to your response to russ. The fact that 4/5 of the messages you got warned for were captured in a single screenshot, I highly doubt they were over the course of 10 minutes. Even then, like you pointed out, it is staff discretion to go down to a verbal warn. Warning points serve as verbal reminders of the rules while also not automatically equating to a ban unless there are previous warns for rule infractions.

To your response to me: It is graphic, and consitent. If it was just one message, I probably wouldn’t warn.  But since your 5 messages together paint a story, I would absolutely warn for this. These are disgusting things to say. No amount of well verbiage posts could talk you out of it
Well that's not entirely honest, it's 3 screenshots edited together, but you weren't there, I wouldn't expect you to have perfect recall of the situation.

As for staff discretion, yes, I understand that, and it's totally in you guys' ballpark if that's how you want to take things, just voicing my opinion that I think it's unfair.

As for being graphic, from a certain point of view, I can see where you're coming from, and I'll leave it at that.

(06-11-2024, 10:33 PM)NECRO Wrote:
(06-11-2024, 10:25 PM)poop MANIAC(fecal frenzy!!!!!!!! Wrote:

Hey! This is super fucking weird! You're only digging yourself into a deeper grave and there have been multiple posts about this very thing. Best you can do is take the L and move on. However if you continue I wouldn't be surprised if further action was taken by staff.
That's how you feel about it and that's fine.
(06-11-2024, 10:36 PM)bab Wrote: Why do you feel so comfortable saying anything of the sort about women even if it's a hypothetical/fictional scenario? This is incredibly weird and uncomfortable behavior and I absolutely believe Hoy was justified in warning you for it without a verbal.
Thats this player for you. He has always been like this for as long as I can remember and never did like him that much because of the unhinged comments I have seen him made in my time in the server. Hoy was right in this.