Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what job should i get ?
Since this is an in-between job I would say do it. It will probably suck a lot of the times, but it’s not something you are going to be relying on career-wise. It’ll definitely help you build some bank, too
Spread Kindness, Not Hate.
Creativity comes from a conflict of ideas.
I'd do a trade.
Electrical, plumbing are hot rn

Stay a metric fucking mile away from automotive work, whatever you do
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(07-02-2024, 06:50 PM)post monalisa Wrote: Has anyone worked in a restaurant before? If so, is it true servers and bartenders can make like $30-$40 per hour? Or is that fake news

Practically my whole working career has been hospitality focused, couple years ago I made General Manager of the bar & restaurant I worked at. It's a slog, but it can be a whole lot of fun. Can't vouch for the US economy as I've been mostly UK/Caribbean based as an adult but there are always places that you can make decent wage + tips if you look into it.

That being said much prefer managing a bar than a restaurant... More creativity & general flair to enjoy it

Also if I were to sum it down to some basic pros/cons...

Pros:
- If you can handle being given shit when you don't deserve it 99% of the time you'll probably walk away with thicker skin
- Decent transferrable skills (there are bars/restaurants literally everywhere)
- Hours are usually long and demanding but in most places you'll get to know your team like your family. (Late finishes usually entail after work drinks)
- Money is usually good for whatever you need

Cons:
- People will probably treat you like shit because they're entitled
- Transferrable skills non-transferrable outside of hospitality (unless you stick with it and make a career out of it)
- Hours are usually long and demanding
- Money is usually good but you'll always find more ways to spend it

[Image: giphy.gif]
I do love my job though 
[Image: samurai-8794280_1280.jpg]
Blue
(07-02-2024, 09:27 PM)good restaurant that treats you well then id say give it a try. Wrote: Yeah Ive heard the money can be good but ive also heard a lot of bad things about people becoming alcoholics or using cocacine and what not
Believe it or not, working at a bar made me
stop drinking. Just don't do the substances and you won't have to worry about becoming addicted.
[Image: image.png]Don't take anything I say seriously
job is so overrated
job 2 is better especially for a sequel
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
You are looking for a career so working at a restaurant would not benefit you at all. Look into HVAC they are so high in demand they will pay you for school as apprenticeship. I know people who have master degrees making 60k drowning ins student loans and people in trades making 90k with just a high school diploma and a 6m-1yr certificate