Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
REPORT WITHDRAWN, PLEASE DENY
(06-11-2024, 10:36 PM)bab Wrote: Why do you feel so comfortable saying anything of the sort about women even if it's a hypothetical/fictional scenario? This is incredibly weird and uncomfortable behavior and I absolutely believe Hoy was justified in warning you for it without a verbal.
Again, I feel that violence against any person is abhorrent. Evil to the point of absurdity is amusing to me, doesn't have to be amusing to you, I respect your boundaries just as I would have respected hoy's boundaries if she had voiced them to me.

(06-11-2024, 10:39 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote:
(06-11-2024, 10:36 PM)bab Wrote: Why do you feel so comfortable saying anything of the sort about women even if it's a hypothetical/fictional scenario? This is incredibly weird and uncomfortable behavior and I absolutely believe Hoy was justified in warning you for it without a verbal.
Thats this player for you. He has always been like this for as long as I can remember and never did like him that much because of the unhinged comments I have seen him made in my time in the server. Hoy was right in this.
Thanks for the gossip, Jesse.
[Image: 3b7f6tH.jpeg]
-1, I can clearly see staff discretion going to a warn on this. Verbal warn would have been preferable if it was something icky but kinda mild. I feel like what was said there as you described is considerably more shocking than anything like a slur which generally carries a similar warn as the one issued
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
(06-11-2024, 10:43 PM)Dildo Shwaggins Wrote: -1, I can clearly see staff discretion going to a warn on this. Verbal warn would have been preferable if it was something icky but kinda mild. I feel like what was said there as you described is considerably more shocking than anything like a slur which generally carries a similar warn as the one issued
That's reasonable, thank you for responding. Again, I disagree, but you have a right to your opinion and I don't think I'll be able to change it.
(06-11-2024, 10:40 PM)poop MANIAC(fecal frenzy!!!!!!!! Wrote:
Again, I feel that violence against any person is abhorrent. Evil to the point of absurdity is amusing to me, doesn't have to be amusing to you, I respect your boundaries just as I would have respected hoy's boundaries if she had voiced them to me.

I understand that dark humour is a thing, but you can't come into a diverse community (especially not a full server?) with a player base that you aren't familiar with, make these kinds of comments or 'jokes', and then expect not to be reprimanded for making them when the people in the space that you've joined are uncomfortable with it.

I'd also say to take this as a lesson and try to do better in the future.
(06-11-2024, 10:49 PM)bab Wrote:

I understand that dark humour is a thing, but you can't come into a diverse community (especially not a full server?) with a player base that you aren't familiar with, make these kinds of comments or 'jokes', and then expect not to be reprimanded for making them when the people in the space that you've joined are uncomfortable with it.

I like to think that I am fairly familiar with the player base, though perhaps in hindsight not so much with some of the newer people. Like I said, my stance is that the punishment was unreasonable and I'm certainly willing to hear criticisms.

I'm going to go ahead and reiterate that the point of this thread is that I disagree with the awarn, not with whether that kind of talk should be allowed in our web zone. I posted my thoughts on the matter, I understand if you might disagree but a lot of what I'm seeing is coming off as intended to insult and belittle me and my point of view to the point of being admittedly quite hurtful. I didn't intend to create some kind of big fight about who is the nastiest internet hitler although I admit in my OP I was, as I said, somewhat barbed. At the end of the day, this will either be accepted or rejected, and I can see that what I said did in fact cross that line I was talking about earlier, and I'm willing to adapt, as I always have (when in Rome, as it were). I can only hope we come to an amicable conclusion to this issue.
Wait… Let me get this straight… You got permabanned for warning points. Appealed and accepted on a probationary period. You violated that probation and got another ban. Appealed that ban and then got told that your next ban would be unappealable… and you think staff and everyone else here are wrong?

Take a moment to self reflect. If everyone around you are telling you that you’re wrong, odds are that you’re wrong.
Spread Kindness, Not Hate.
Creativity comes from a conflict of ideas.

Unfortunately for him I think he knows exactly what he’s doing. First time he’s been around on forums in a long time but he’s been here and knows the rules. One of the people that pushes boundaries when present, though. Given the screenshots and responses since I looked, the punishment was a slap on the wrist IMO
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
(06-11-2024, 10:57 PM)RyanHighman Wrote: Wait… Let me get this straight… You got permabanned for warning points. Appealed and accepted on a probationary period. You violated that probation and got another ban. Appealed that ban and then got told that your next ban would be unappealable… and you think staff and everyone else here are wrong?

Take a moment to self reflect. If everyone around you are telling you that you’re wrong, odds are that you’re wrong.
I want to go ahead and make one thing clear. I did not violate probation on my perma. I have strictly upheld the terms of my last unpan request. Additionally, I never claimed that everyone else here is wrong. I simply said I disagree with the awarn. I have had this discussion with a previous administrator after the terms of my parole were set and we were able to come to an amicable conclusion. Please do not threaten me.

(06-11-2024, 10:58 PM)Dildo Shwaggins Wrote:

Unfortunately for him I think he knows exactly what he’s doing. First time he’s been around on forums in a long time but he’s been here and knows the rules. One of the people that pushes boundaries when present, though. Given the screenshots and responses since I looked, the punishment was a slap on the wrist IMO
I didn't think this pushed any boundaries. I do in fact know the rules quite well (I'd like to think), although I realize my interpretation of them does not always gel with the current crop of active staff.
-1 for staff abuse, +1 for reban! you are known for your bizarre and outrageous behavior but this scenario really takes it to a new extreme. just reading your own description of the scenario is enough that I personally do not feel comfortable with someone like this in our community as a whole.
Dude you are ridiculous, you absolutely deserve the perma. Smell ya later.