Warn Appeal (Following a refusal to accept objective truth)
steam name : poop MANIAC(fecal frenzy!!!!!!!!
steamid : STEAM_0:1:43140995
who warned you : Foxka
warn reason : racism/sexism/derogatory language
number of points : 6
reason to unwarn :

First I feel it might be necessary to discuss why, after an entire week has passed and the 20 point warn threshold ban is almost expired, I have chosen to finally make this appeal. In fact, an appeal was something which I had entirely wished to avoid, and as such I first approached Foxka in private to resolve the issue quickly and quietly. I have not asked them if they are comfortable sharing the contents of our private messages, so I will not go into detail, but suffice to say several days of correspondence later it has not been resolved in a satisfying way and now I turn to a public forum appeal as a last resort.

The specific reason for my warn is that I referred to server staff in voice chat as "Jannies," the common and time-honored colloquialism that likens the volunteer work of moderators and other staff as janitors cleaning their particular corner of the web. Foxka (and certain unnamed colleagues) are under the mistaken impression that this word is a slur, an accusation which I had never before heard and which at this point I still do not understand the motivation behind. Foxka refused to accept my explanation of the term, in addition to outside confirmation that it is not in fact a slur, and communication has broken off.

EDIT: Foxka has, since the time of this posting, changed their reasoning to declare I called someone the t-slur. I deny this accusation wholeheartedly.

Nothing can bring back the time lost to the week long false ban. However, the indignity of carrying a 20 point warn status for the next three months can still be undone, and that is what I ask for.

have you been warned before : yes
other : Foxka, after having given me the warning that would get me banned and refusing to discuss and defuse the matter at the critical moment of occurrence, asserts that the actions which resulted in the ban of a player were not important enough to have recorded. Since I personally never record, this means that the only evidence that can be offered is our testimonies as witnesses and participants. As Foxka is a trial moderator and I a simple player, this also means that I am entirely at the mercy of their word, however I shall declare that what I said was the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
[Image: 3b7f6tH.jpeg]
hi u called our admin "supreme tranny overlord" and were warned for it lol i don't record every single slur usage :((
(06-23-2024, 02:58 PM)Foxka Wrote: hi u called our admin "supreme tranny overlord" and were warned for it lol i don't record every single slur usage :((
I absolutely did not, I've been saying the phrase "Supreme janny" for a while now and no one except you has misheard it that way. Besides, that's different from what you were saying privately, where you declared saying "janny" was what got me warned.
EDIT: it was also a fairly full lobby, though I can't recall exactly who was on. Do you have any witnesses who can corroborate your claim or the truth?
Edgy 12 year olds do things once again that get themselves upset when things don't go their way pt 42069666
[Image: b_560x95.png]
if there's evidence of or multiple people say the opposite of what poop maniac is saying -1.
if there's evidence of or multiple people say the opposite of what foxka is saying +1.

pretty much no debate here, if the slur was said then fuck off and if the slur wasn't said take the warn points away.

we should ban all 4chan lingo it's just uncreative slurs anyways.
(06-23-2024, 03:35 PM)Damien1579 Wrote: if there's evidence of or multiple people say the opposite of what poop maniac is saying -1.
if there's evidence of or multiple people say the opposite of what foxka is saying +1.

pretty much no debate here, if the slur was said then fuck off and if the slur wasn't said take the warn points away.

we should ban all 4chan lingo it's just uncreative slurs anyways.
I think it definitely supports my position that Foxka is changing their accusation now that I've posted the appeal. With their permission (@Foxka), I could share the conversation we had, which I would say paints their charge in a very dubious light. Although if they continue to change their version of events I will be forced to share it regardless, in order to protect myself.
(06-23-2024, 03:10 PM)poop MANIAC(fecal frenzy!!!!!!!! Wrote:
(06-23-2024, 02:58 PM)Foxka Wrote: hi u called our admin "supreme tranny overlord" and were warned for it lol i don't record every single slur usage :((
I absolutely did not, I've been saying the phrase "Supreme janny."

I'm sorry, clueless 3rd party here, but what does this phrase even mean?
[Image: ErQ4M8K.jpg] 
(06-23-2024, 04:12 PM)August Wrote:

supreme = head or master
janny = custodian
(06-23-2024, 04:18 PM)poop MANIAC(fecal frenzy!!!!!!!! Wrote:

supreme = head or master
janny = custodian

Thanks for assuming I didn't know what "supreme" meant.

Regardless, do you understand how this could so very easily be considered a slur? Especially considering your very storied history that everyone, not just TTT players, knows very well? Probably something you should've kept in mind.
[Image: ErQ4M8K.jpg] 
(06-23-2024, 04:37 PM)August Wrote:
(06-23-2024, 04:18 PM)poop MANIAC(fecal frenzy!!!!!!!! Wrote:

supreme = head or master
janny = custodian

Thanks for assuming I didn't know what "supreme" meant.

Regardless, do you understand how this could so very easily be considered a slur? Especially considering your very storied history that everyone, not just TTT players, knows very well? Probably something you should've kept in mind.
You're welcome.

Context certainly matters, but to be fair my only slur warnings have ever been for racial stuff and the last one of those was like two years ago. Besides, the "tr" and "j" sound are two that I think are very difficult mix, so I can only assume that in absence of deliberate malice the only way someone would mix the two is if they wanted to hear it. Not to mention the fact that, again, the initial charge was that janny was a slur, and now the story has changed to be that I instead said the t-slur.

I get where you're coming from, but I really don't think it's fair. I tried to speak to Foxka to dismantle any misunderstandings in consideration of the past, but they squarely refused to consider anything I had to say both in person and in messages.