Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who let the Samurai out?
Ingame Name: Samurai

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:85139421
Discord Tag: Samurai (Blue)

Time Played: 4 Days 22 Hrs

First Joined: Sometime in 2017, then again in 2023 for a month, then most recently for the past month

Availability: UK Based. I have a full time job anywhere from 48-60 hour weeks but usually on at my night times for a few hours.

Rank Desired: Trusted

Current Rank: Donor

What can you do to help the community: Taking an active part in the community, using my real life management experience in hearing people out and doing my best to contribute to a healthy environment.

Why you want to help the community: Firstly, I want to learn what it takes to take on a staffing role. I may not have the brightest history but I've always been sincere & honest. I learn in practice not theory, and I'd like to take my experiences from gmod and from irl into becoming a better version of myself online & learning from those who came before.

Have you been previously banned, or do you have active warn points? : I made an inappropriate comment which led to a permanent 10 point warn, it was not said with the intent with which it was taken but either way I've learned my lesson from it and have continued to do so. You can see the full extent of the thread in question here (Edit: I am wary that I was fortunate to receive the punishment I did rather than the perma that some had called for, I take my actions from that report & the consequences of it seriously and regardless of my position in the community I do hope to make up for my former actions) 

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts): No

How did you find us?: Can't remember

Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for? (Links under requirements in format thread):

Other: If I don't get through this time that's fine, I won't take it personally if people don't support me but do my best to take their words constructively. Either way I'll enjoy playing here still
[Image: samurai-8794280_1280.jpg]
Blue
You were banned a year ago over a comment that you yourself have reflected on.

I don't know if I've played with you before since you're on UK time, but I think based off what I'm seeing, you'd be a good addition to the team, unless of course someone has some damning evidence to prove that you shouldn't be staff here.

+1. Best of luck!
Do you go by any other names on the gmod server recently? Based on just Samurai you have less than a week of recent activity.
(07-09-2024, 10:53 AM)PandaInPants Wrote: Do you go by any other names on the gmod server recently? As of currently, you have less than a week of activity.
So I was going by 'Blue' for a while, I haven't been on much this past week as I've worked a lot of nights but I do come on fairly often

I'm positive you're reasonably experienced with this game and would do a decent job but I believe you drastically need to get your activity up if you want to take on an additional role in the community.
Rescinding my application as I have found another server more recently. Have always enjoyed playing on Dinks and won't be gone, but playing with more people european based is refreshing
[Image: samurai-8794280_1280.jpg]
Blue
Closing the thread as the application has been rescinded.
You may apply again on 8/16/24.
[Image: gBkzZod.png]