Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battons' Ban Appeal
Steam Name: Battons

Steam I.D: STEAM_0:0:49498579

Your Discord Username: Battons

Your Discord User ID: @Battons

Reason For Ban: “Harassment / Inappropriate Behavior.” As provided by the admin team.

Length of Minimum Appeal Time (If given): 3 Months from the ban date of 04/21/2024

Reason for Admins to Unban:
While I did say things in the past that are inappropriate, I do not believe that anything I have said has crossed the lines leading to the severity of my current ban. I feel that this ban is solely intended as punishment, and not to give me the ability to grow, as I haven't exhibited or been shown any behaviors to justify it. Anything that has been brought together to form this ban would not approach the levels needed for such an extreme punishment. No admin has confirmed or denied anything specific, and all who I’ve spoken with have given me conflicting information. I’ve spent the past few months reflecting on how I talk to people because I want to be a better person; but without being given the evidence, since all they have provided me with is conflicting statements, that makes it harder to do.

I was willing to share any and all information with admins and clarify anything with them, but they never once approached me before the ban to ask my side or interpretation for literally anything I could have ever done. To demonstrate this. Two of the admins were ready to community ban me instantly over the false pedophilia allegations without doing a proper investigation, and without approaching me.
Being an Ex-Admin I know how important hearing both sides is. None of them did that in my situation until I first reached out, aside from Reina who asked how I was holding up, and Icey who was willing to read the proof I presented.
With all of this said, that is why I believe I should be unbanned.

I think from now on that if I am unbanned I will mostly keep to myself to the best of my ability. To hopefully provide some relief to those who may be concerned, I have removed or blocked anyone that I may have antagonized or fought with during April; as a precaution to make sure this type of blowup does not occur again. I encourage all those offended by my words to do the same, as it is not my intention to make this place uncomfortable for other individuals.

Have you been banned before anywhere in the community (Link relevant threads):
Twice.
One RDM and leave in 2018

Addressing Toxicity in the Community

Other Information: 
With that said, I will try my best to answer any questions relevant to the appeal unless it requires admin approval. Thank you for reading.
For this and other All-Server ban appeals for the time being, replies to the thread will be locked. We ask that feedback regarding the appeal be sent via PM to an Admin.

This is something we're trying out given the sensitive nature of most bans of this type. Feedback to this approach is also welcomed, and we'll continue to reevaluate based on how this goes.
In addition to what Ryan said, I'd like to remind everyone that these decisions are made based on information that may be sensitive and cannot be released publicly out of respect to the wishes and privacy of those who came forward. Please keep this in mind when leaving feedback and do not attempt to invade the privacy of or harass anyone involved.

Additionally, if you have any questions or clarifications you would like relayed, please let an admin know.

We're aware this is not a perfect solution. Other options we explored didn't work out for technical reasons, but we'll continue looking to improve this process for the future.
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
Good Evening Battons

You have ban appeal has been accepted.

Posting the Same Message on your and Jack's Unban Appeals, and it's similar to what I told you and Jack in PMs.

There is the issue of protecting people from further harassment and protecting sensitive information vs. giving full context to the person banned, allowing behaviour correction, and validating the evidence provided. I personally think it's a difficult line to walk, and I don't think any of us are truly qualified to make decisions about where to stand on this. We do the best with what we can and will try to improve on how we conduct these issues s in the future.

Further statements from the admins may be released at a later time.

If you have any questions or concerns please let me know.
Kaptain Les
TTT Mod
Discord Admin
PH Helper
DR Player
Murder Hater
[Image: otzEX]
Fuck G-Cubed
[Image: he-man-background-1.gif]